Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per my electric plan, I get 100 percent of my power from wind. I could care less about the gas, I am concerned about wind energy being 50 percent taken off line due to weather.
But it doesn't quite work that way. All the 100% renewable plans I've seen basically say that they will purchase as much renewable power as you use within a certain time frame. (They would have to run a power line to your house carrying just wind energy if you were to get 100% of your power from wind). So your choice of 100% wind power has an effect on the overall mix, but it doesn't have an effect in real time.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Something big is brewing ..... Weak hands exiting..... Y'all know the rest. :) Good things come to those that HODL.

Eh, if we don't get the surprise Buffer position, I think this thing is destined to be sit in this upper 700 to low 800 range until we get closer to Q1 P/D numbers. Just no catalyst for the next month to push things either way. Volume is extremely low today.

Positive is this is a great accumulation period for anyone that's in the position to build up their share count because if Tesla is really targeting 1 million P/D for 2021, it will be evident from Q1 P/D numbers.

As long as we're wasting bandwidth here, and long-timers on TMC already know the second half of the story.....

...By the mid-1960s, Dad was impressed with a youngster from Omaha. Thought he might make a long-lasting splash. He didn't help him out professionally, but privately bought a small number of his shares.

Almost fifty years later, a Methuselan Dad was very impressed when the man for whom he was mentor (and who, in turn, was my mentor) took him out in one of his two Roadsters - one of those fabled "Final Five" Roadsters - and the man who never saw an oil, or gas, or pipeline, or refinery, or coal company he didn't like - declared "Now I have seen the future, and this is it".

Can two leopards change their spots? I doubt it, but there is precedent.

Why is everyone so exited about this possible BH inclusion? I predict that the chosen company / stock will be bloody Etsy, as at the last well known event not that long ago ;-)
You might be Bloody Well Right. And if not TSLA, my hunch says that FUD stories will leverage how BH was smart in not investing in TSLA early on because of its crazy valuation! (In hindsight, that sounds ludicrous). To pile on that theory, just run down the stock today, and make it look like it's true - self fulfilling prophecy? Get ready if so... last chance to get rich maybe!

Just no catalyst for the next month to push things either way. Volume is extremely low today.
Everytime I think that way, something new emerges with Tesla.
In life, I use the 3 day rule which has a way of completely changing circumstances, variables, and the path forward. It could be India reception, a flying car on video, peer to peer video conf in car, Texas changing position of BEV sales and ordering Megapacks, or any of the unknowns still with the new batteries. 3-Days is all I need.

Have we hit one of these crayon MA support lines yet?
Not quite:

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-02-16.12-01.png

Eh, if we don't get the surprise Buffer position, I think this thing is destined to be sit in this upper 700 to low 800 range until we get closer to Q1 P/D numbers. Just no catalyst for the next month to push things either way. Volume is extremely low today.

Positive is this is a great accumulation period for anyone that's in the position to build up their share count because if Tesla is really targeting 1 million P/D for 2021, it will be evident from Q1 P/D numbers.

Two positive catalysts off the top of my head: FSD rollout / subscription service (anytime), passage of EV incentive legislation (next 4-6 weeks).

EDIT: Oh, also, Ark Invest's updated thesis.