Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This guy is amusing, and despite the click-bait headline the video is very HODL. I don't necessarily share his viewpoint, just add it to the list of possible scenarios that can happen in a chaotic universe such as a stock market. So, with everyone waiting for the BH news, here's something to occupy the time.

Reactions: jhm
Ok, I'll be the one to ask the stupid question because I've seen about 50 posts on this topic and I'm still missing something.

What's the deal with whether Buffett bought Tesla at sometime in the past. Was he gloomy on TSLA and having bought the shares while knocking the company puts egg on his face? Just a simple answer or link would be fine. I'm sure this has been rehashed, but I keep reading it here like it's a huge deal if he did purchase TSLA. All I know is the report comes out today and I just want to understand all the Buffet jokes that will surely follow. It's he the HODL king? If we're in, he'll keep buying then? I'm just guessing here...

In answering this question. It's worth to repost this chart I made a couple of months ago.

Had I made it today, it would have been more dramatic.

Sun-Buffett-Meeting-English.jpg

Last edited:
I hope Burry's TSLA short is enough to force him into insolvency. I'm so tired of hearing about his stupid bear case.

Part of me is dying for the Buffet position to be Tesla just slap Burry/Gary in the face at the peak of their Tesla FUD.

I would literally give away the money from the "Buffet" rally to make it come true :p

Buffet is famous for buying low-tech companies with a p/e in the single digits. TSLA doesn't fit his investment history. For that reason, I give it less than 50/50 chance but never say never!
Don’t know if BH will buy Tesla but they did end up buying Apple. Buffet has been giving more and more control to his younger people he is grooming to take over the firm and they decided to buy Apple.

This guy is amusing, and despite the click-bait headline the video is very HODL. I don't necessarily share his viewpoint, just add it to the list of possible scenarios that can happen in a chaotic universe such as a stock market. So, with everyone waiting for the BH news, here's something to occupy the time.

That is is.......honestly a very immoral video to make...in the way he made it. I get the content of the video, but to grab clicks but putting "TESLA WILL CRASH" is very irresponsible.

One thing on this topic though.....Tesla has the tax allowance as a loaded gun to use whenever they want. If said scenario did in fact happen where Bitcoin lost like 75% of it's value, Tesla could just use the tax allowance and absorb the hit.

Also, I'm hoping Tesla adopts a strategy where as Bitcoin rallies higher and higher, they recognize some of the gains to essentially "lock in" their initial investment. It only needs to hit around 66k for Tesla to have double it's money. They could recognize 1.5 billion in gains and still have 1.5 billion invested in Bitcoin. As/If it keeps rising, rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

Well one of two things will happen. The over valued price based on future value will come true, filling the stock bubble with actual value and justifying the current share price... or the stock will crash to levels supposed by current actual values. Decide for yourself when to exit or load up. Just don't wait to exit when/if there is a crash and everyone is trying to get out, and don't shame others who take profit now.

Well one of two things will happen. The over valued price based on future value will come true, filling the stock bubble with actual value and justifying the current share price... or the stock will crash to levels supposed by current actual values. Decide for yourself when to exit or load up. Just don't wait to exit when/if there is a crash and everyone is trying to get out, and don't shame others who take profit now.
There are more options than "sell now" or "sell later" ya know. ;) Personally I'm extremely bullish on both TSLA and BTC so I'm holding shares and sitting on the puts I sold.

If Gali is right....I'll gladly sit through all of his future videos.....no matter how much hyperventilating he does :p

I've seen all of Gali's videos on why he thinks Buffett should buy TSLA, and honestly he makes some seriously good points. Hedging bets with new tech against his main holdings "just in case" certainly wouldn't be a bad move for BH, especially given Tesla's place as the market leader and it's new status as profitable and in the S&P.

I think Buffett is too old school to invest in Tesla, just my gut feeling, but Gali has presented a great case for him doing so if it happens.

... Or the value will keep on increasing.

I've seen all of Gali's videos on why he thinks Buffett should buy TSLA, and honestly he makes some seriously good points. Hedging bets with new tech against his main holdings "just in case" certainly wouldn't be a bad move for BH, especially given Tesla's place as the market leader and it's new status as profitable and in the S&P.

I think Buffett is too old school to invest in Tesla, just my gut feeling, but Gali has presented a great case for him doing so if it happens.
It's possible that Buffet learned his lesson with Apple. Fingers crossed. We could use a big new bull.

I will be absolutely SHOCKED if Buffet invests in TSLA.

I didn't get anything from watching that video that suggested exiting. Nor was there mention of a bubble.

Loading up when a sale is going on was mentioned, and this would always be a good idea.

It seemed to me to say, "Buy the dips and HODL 'cuz TSLA is going 2daMoon"

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: adiggs and mekberg
@Hrtme
please provide data for your thesis "over valued price based on future value" and "stock will crash to levels supposed by current actual values"
I would appreciate seeing _any_ bona fides that refute literally 1'000's of pages of data, analysis, here and in other related threads such as Papa Fox's or technical analysis or Dave T or anything.

I'm sure others could ask more succinctly and cogently and respectfully