Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woah, Woah, WOAH!!!

I draw the line at the family dog. She serves a vital function.

View attachment 640253

Meh. I come prepared.

961D6C46-ADA4-46B2-9ABF-F3736FF3E81A.jpeg

Boy, a day trader with a good eightball, would do well in this market.

I tried it 20 times, and got these answers. :confused:

● It is certain.
● It is decidedly so.
● Without a doubt.
● Yes – definitely.
● You may rely on it.

● As I see it, yes.
● Most likely.
● Outlook good.
● Yes.
● Signs point to yes.

● Reply hazy, try again.
● Ask again later.
● Better not tell you now.
● Cannot predict now.
● Concentrate and ask again.

● Don't count on it.
● My reply is no.
● My sources say no.
● Outlook not so good.
● Very doubtful.

I tried it 20 times, and got these answers. :confused:

● It is certain.
● It is decidedly so.
● Without a doubt.
● Yes – definitely.
● You may rely on it.

● As I see it, yes.
● Most likely.
● Outlook good.
● Yes.
● Signs point to yes.

● Reply hazy, try again.
● Ask again later.
● Better not tell you now.
● Cannot predict now.
● Concentrate and ask again.

● Don't count on it.
● My reply is no.
● My sources say no.
● Outlook not so good.
● Very doubtful.

Yeah, but but Monte Carlo simulation of the eight ball says what?!

Ominously, the real estate market right now has started to get crazy again. This time it isn’t due to easy loan money, just easy money in general from stimulus and low interest rates, I think. When inflation finally hits, and the fed acts, the effect on all the markets will be brutal.

Stories like this are occurring throughout the US right now:

Moore's Real Estate Review: Buyers, Read This: Multiple Offer Madness
Premium real estate tends to be fairly resilient as folks in that market are often financially stable and older.

Less desirable real estate — less good locations, condos, ... — is more susceptible to volatility.

Ultra-premium real estate seems to me as a casual, outside observer to be volatile at times.

All real estate is local. The true gems hold their value, see little turnover, and are worthwhile to seek out in any market segment.

Former US Commerce Dept Chief Economist Hughes-Cromwick on Bloomberg rn talking about green energy.

Paraphrasing: "We're not going to let other countries like Norway take the lead...we've got lots of R&D her in Michigan. We've got Rivian. Very bullish on economy and green bonds".
I find it amusing how Tesla threatens so many different power bases, therefore is often unmentioned by the Talking Heads, Politicos, etc. when describing the very sector they are dominating, or, have plans to dominate.

A short list of those "offended by Tesla" for bucking the established system:
  • Advertising
  • Legacy Auto (who advertises, therefore has influence)
  • Big Oil (who advertises, therefore has influence)
  • Energy
  • Finance
to name a few.

"... like Norway ..." Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Makes it sound like the GM Ad backfired.

Last edited:
Update on my post because this just happened, the ladies at the corner store counter asked me about my Tesla and said does it really drive itself? I said watch this and summoned it from in between the trucks and it pulled up using a blinker and everything.... they almost lost their minds, recording on their phones.... I told them about cybertruck and so hopefully that’s a few more sales in the bag.
I'm surprised at how people are not blown away more, with even more questions. I think it's because the market has fooled the public into believing that all self driving is the same. GM's got Cruize, my Banker's Subaru has it... They do not see the difference really. People are becoming numb to this tech (lagging knowledge), hence the fear of the unknown by so many. One day it's nicely staying in it's lane, then next day these are going to drive work and home on their own? People will freak!

By the way, I always mention the FSD Beta videos and not one single person has heard of it or seen it and I live right next to Intel and uChip in Chandler. Go figure... This will make its debut even more astounding and I do expect a nice pop to $1,200 when it does. But if Summon timeline was any indication, I think this could be 2H '21 for broad FSD release.

Update on my post because this just happened, the ladies at the corner store counter asked me about my Tesla and said does it really drive itself? I said watch this and summoned it from in between the trucks and it pulled up using a blinker and everything.... they almost lost their minds, recording on their phones.... I told them about cybertruck and so hopefully that’s a few more sales in the bag.

You’re doing gods (Joe Pesci’s) work. I recently introduced the Model S to a few friends who had never ridden in one and the consensus was that it was easily the coolest car they had ever experienced. It’s striking to me that there are still people out there that have not been exposed to Tesla to the extent that many of us have. The current issues in TX have also highlighted how little people understand energy generation and transmission. IMO these events present an incredible opportunity for Tesla (and supporters) to showcase how utility scale batteries and distributed micro grids are the future.

Anyways, I’ll crawl back into my hole now. Just know that It is still very early days, my friends.