Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gary Black on Twitter - 24 minutes ago: https://twitter.com/garyblack00/status/1365324536179265540

upload_2021-2-26_9-59-5.png

What is this concept people keep telling me about ? “Diversification”

The concept is about having your money invested into different things, such as different markets like Auto, Hardware, Software, Insurance, Energy etc.

You could invest in many companies, like BMW, Dealerships, Lear Corp, Apple, Nvidia, Waymo, Uber, Gas Stations, Panasonic, Utility companies. On the other hand, you can achieve even wider diversification AND have a strong growth position at the same time if you invest in Tesla:

You see, it is easy to diversify ;)

What is this concept people keep telling me about ? “Diversification”

It means you don’t just buy on Mondays or Thursdays but buy on all days. It means don’t just buy with your savings, but also with you kid’s college fund, the stash your wife has in the cookie jar above the microwave, the bag of contraband money in the toilet, the sale of the family dog etc..

I saw the 2008 drop coming well in advanced, sold most of my stocks, but I didn't see the bottom or how fast the market would recover. I'm not the richest person on earth. Knowing the right time to sell is only half of the equation.
Funny, I got out around then too, about when oil hit $145 or so a barrel. I knew energy and the real economy are coupled.

I got back in near the bottom when the Fed made it clear they were stepping in. I’m not one to argue with the Fed especially when they want to hand out money.

On the other hand, one or two other attempts to time the market didn’t turn out so well.

In addition, I once picked up AAPL for a song pre-iPod and sold at 10x for no good reason. Boy o boy, did I miss some gains there too.

Lessons?

The Fed holds more cards than anyone and they’ve learned a lot since 1929 — trust them. Stock Market Crash of 1929 | Federal Reserve History

Hold on to your growth stocks despite whatever smoke screen the press is throwing up at the behest of the Street.

Last edited:
It means you don’t just buy on Mondays or Thursdays but buy on all days. It means don’t just buy with your savings, but also with you kid’s college fund, the stash your wife has in the cookie jar above the microwave, the bag of contraband money in the toilet, the sale of the family dog etc..

woah, Woah, WOAH!!!

I draw the line at the family dog. She serves a vital function.

dobie fence.jpg

How far we’ve come! lol

I wouldn’t take his advice even if it was free. ;)

"We do have better investments than TSLA in our portfolio...GM, FSR, QS, but TSLA is something you have to own".

FSR's going to take on TSLA...(with their 12,000 or so reservations).

On batteries: These other EV companies are going to look for bread somewhere...well Elon Musk owns the bakery.