Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Down $300 in one month. I really hope this is close to the bottom. View attachment 642548
I have lost so much money that I have stopped rooting for it to stop going down, but rather, go so low that I can be a kagillionaire when it rebounds from a new low purchase. Dangerous? Perhaps.... But when you are in the red like I am, it's all just more warpaint.

Ok there was claims of Tesla's market share demise on Twitter and Seeking Alpha. Some of the numbers didn't seem to make sense (weird calculations). So I went and pulled the data from InsideEVs values.

TLDR, Tesla's market share of BEVs actually increased from 22.5% to 22.8% from 2019 to 2020.

So much for the "Tesla is losing market share!" BS

Edit: oh snap! now tweets are embedded

Strange to me that bloomberg has said a bunch today that the texas battery deal is their first american energy project despite the fact the entire island of kaui is tesla powered
I think we lost that territory in WWII... pretty sure about that... Texas is first.... First in history education in particular (I am a texan and clearly, this fact is evident)

Didn't they do a deal with PG&E last year too?

Moss landing.

Elkhorn 115 kV​

Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) asked the CPUC to approve four energy storage projects located at Moss Landing including another large lithium-ion battery storage system of 182.5 MW / 730 MWh ("Elkhorn") to be provided by Tesla and owned and operated by PG&E, connecting to the regional 115 kV grid.[22][23][24] In February 2020, the Monterey County Planning Commission unanimously approved the project, which was initially scheduled to start construction in late March[25] and be complete by 2021.[26] However, the COVID-19 pandemic in California and subsequent stay-at-home order forced the project to be delayed.[25] Construction began in July 2020.[27] When the Moss Landing project is completed, it will double the energy storage available in California.[28]

Some less experienced investors may be getting frustrated with TSLA (and other growth stocks) getting hammered the last few weeks. Folks, this is just how it is. Take a look at any of the great growth stories of the last few decades: Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Nvidia, Tesla, and you'll find a stock that sometimes drops 50, 60, 70% below all-time-highs, even in the midst of a robust growth period. Welcome to tech investing. Buckle up!