Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$662.50 is max pain, but I think anything under 700 is fine due to that call wall. It's now in the hands of MM without volume. Good luck yall
5) Institutions/funds are little scared with Tesla 35% fall continuously in a whole month, also think Tesla got so many competition and no longer can provide the great return in the past, until Tesla proves that it is all above all the competition and its enemies recognize that it cannot kill Tesla.

• Disagree
Reactions: Prime_Number
And when people inevitably ask questions about the Plaid+ on the call, do you want Elon to have to answer about battery production issues right now and tank the stock again? I’d rather they skip the call, solve the issues and tell us everything is fine on the Q1 call.
The call was supposed to be about the changes. Maybe now you would say why new Plaid+ orders wont be ready until Mid 2022. If the call was done last week no one would have even said anything about that anyway.

I could see that once deliveries are actually occurring they have a little press event showing a delivery and showing the changes.

As I recall, Ford borrowed against its ’Blue Oval.’ Not sure if that loan was paid off. If not, maybe that’ll get repossessed and auctioned off. /s

• Informative
Reactions: capster
Pegging at $695(inclusion price) has no one incentivized to sell or buy AND $700 calls get wiped out tomorrow. Probably worth doing for the MMs I guess. I just think it's going to be a hot mess when they unwind all this stuff Mon/Tues and people start getting $1400 checks at the same time. That's more real buying than we usually see and macros are hot.

Pegging at $695(inclusion price) has no one incentivized to sell or buy AND $700 calls get wiped out tomorrow. Probably worth doing for the MMs I guess. I just think it's going to be a hot mess when they unwind all this stuff Mon/Tues and people start getting $1400 checks at the same time. That's more real buying than we usually see and macros are hot.

Activity in the green sector makes me feel like folks are starting to gear up for the inevitable infrastructure legislation. I stand by my belief that the “correction” was meant to shake loose as much of the sector as possible so big boys could get in.

Man what I wouldn't give for Tesla to disclose some huge news in after hours and blow up the MM's tomorrow.

Look at the replies to this Tweet from Pierre:

Gordon has replied about 20 times. What real financial analyst would do that? Gordo’s trying too hard.
Maybe Chanos pays him by the Tweet? Lol.

considering the source I found this one surprisingly clear and useful with the SR+ called SR9 for some goofy reason.

It doesn't cause me the angst he is trying to stir up, it actually makes me feel better about buying an AWD variant now looking at how I'm getting that for the price of the LR RWD of old.

EwJ-PfpWgAQnOiy

If VW is almost at cost parity with Tesla, except for batteries...
Didn’t Tesla have a battery day event where they showed how with their vertical integration they have a plan to reduce battery costs over 50%? While the rest of the battery industry makes painfully slow advances and price reductions in the fraction of a percent. For this innovation alone was like a scene from the Matrix...where Neo fights with an agent with one hand behind his back. Only Tesla isn’t putting any hands behind their back. I don’t fully appreciate how much cost reduction other battery manufacturers or auto companies will benefit from Tesla‘s sharing of their approach. Certainly some, but it’s not even close.

Wanna bet if VW on Power Day will say their QuantumScape solid state batteries are ready and they are starting to build the factories that will make their EVs the lowest cost in the industry?

Activity in the green sector makes me feel like folks are starting to gear up for the inevitable infrastructure legislation. I stand by my belief that the “correction” was meant to shake loose as much of the sector as possible so big boys could get in.
I agree that Funds will try to short Tesla first to drive shares down for their bargain shopping. Only the honest longs got scared and sold their shares at a loss

I'm not saying it's easy........I'm going directly off of what Tesla said on the earnings call about the progress of the 4680 Cells and specifically the dry electrode process.

Someone actually replied to that tweet already with direct quotes from the Q4 earnings call. When the Tesla team is saying "Meanwhile, we've developed enough engineering confidence with our 4680 design and the production process and equipment to kick off manufacturing equipment and facility construction to support our 100 gigawatt hour 2022 goal"........then inclined to believe them over some random person on Twitter saying there's a rumor and then using very outdated quotes to back up their rumor.
I was going to moan about providing Twitter links... 🤦‍♂️

• Funny
Reactions: StarFoxisDown!
And when people inevitably ask questions about the Plaid+ on the call, do you want Elon to have to answer about battery production issues right now and tank the stock again? I’d rather they skip the call, solve the issues and tell us everything is fine on the Q1 call.
Elon has been it Texas for weeks this quarter. I guarantee you if there was any issue, Elon would be in Fremont turning wrenches and camping out on the production line

This is a figment of twittermation, from an account that's pulled this stunt before. Don't fall for it. Especially since there is ZERO evidence whatsoever.

Sheesh. Grip, people. :p

Based on 23 minutes of the chart, I think we will close above $700 with more than average volume of 40M. Have to wait till the end to judge.

I don’t think so. I think it will be a repeat of yesterday. An early spike followed by a slow walk down for the rest of the day. Glad to be wrong though.
Looks like you called this one correctly. Nicely done. Cheers!

That is astounding. And makes a lot of sense... I'm always skeptical of ideas that require coordination of large groups, but a giant hedge fund that can build a team around manipulating one stock? Oh yeah, you know that's happening.
Large groups of car dealers have prevented Tesla from having stores and in some cases service in various states. I don't have any problem that large, small, medium sized, and individual-not-a groups, can have coordinated attacks. it only takes paying politicians and bureaucrats either with campaign contributions or employment after they leave government service.