Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TSLA lagging ARK funds (+5%) and green energy (many well known names +8-20%) and EV stocks (NIO, Lucid, WKHS all +10%) big time.

Definitely nothing to do with the 700 call wall tomorrow.
The guantlet has been taken up, the battle for 700 has been joined: $700.81 at 15:30 hrs :D

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2021-03-11.15-30.png

Whether one is for FSD or not, when the first high profile FSD crash takes out a familly, the FUD as it called will be off the wall. Wait till 60 minutes and media start smelling blood (ala Audi unintended acceleration claims in the 80s) and politicians use it to hold hearings to grand stand. Yes, this is going to happen, and still some here cannot tell me whether Tesla would be considered liable since they are creator of said FSD.

Meh. By the time that happens (if it even does) the databank will be so large having proven already that those driving FSD vehicles get in significantly less accidents than those without. The data is already leaning that way. People will want FSD just to save on insurance costs al

Don’t get caught up in the human psychology of making up the worst possible scenario and running with it. Brexit was going to be the end of us all and most recently Covid. We’re all still plugging along day after day.

The world is simply shifting to a new reality, as it has many times before.

When it comes to Europe and specifically like Germany, I don't think they'll do anything that will turn Tesla off to further investment there. While I'm sure Europe traditional auto will make a big fuss, I'm equally as sure that German and Europe officials recognize that Tesla is going to be the main driver of expansion and job growth for the next 10 years at minimum. If they decide to enact policies that single out Tesla, Tesla can and probably will say "We're not doing any further investment here". I find it very hard to believe that they would knowingly shoot themselves in the foot like that

The idea that Germany, France and the EU will simply welcome their Silicon Valley Overlords is just plain silly.

Reactions: capster and Johan
Ok, so I've found the easiest way to quick scroll through this forum when trying to catch up on lots of posts.

On each page, just do a CTRL+F for "Others" and keep hitting next, that will jump over any postings that have not gained a decent number of reactions.

Public service announcement: Quantity of reactions does not necessarily have a correlation to quality of posts.

<---- Case in point.

Whether one is for FSD or not, when the first high profile FSD crash takes out a familly, the FUD as it called will be off the wall. Wait till 60 minutes and media start smelling blood (ala Audi unintended acceleration claims in the 80s) and politicians use it to hold hearings to grand stand. Yes, this is going to happen, and still some here cannot tell me whether Tesla would be considered liable since they are creator of said FSD.

Meh. By the time that happens (if it even does) the databank will be so large having proven already that those driving FSD vehicles get in significantly less accidents than those without. The data is already leaning that way. People will want FSD just to save on insurance costs al

Don’t get caught up in the human psychology of making up the worst possible scenario and running with it. Brexit was going to be the end of us all and most recently Covid. We’re all still plugging along day after day.

The world is simply shifting to a new reality, as it has many times before.
When it comes to Europe and specifically like Germany, I don't think they'll do anything that will turn Tesla off to further investment there. While I'm sure Europe traditional auto will make a big fuss, I'm equally as sure that German and Europe officials recognize that Tesla is going to be the main driver of expansion and job growth for the next 10 years at minimum. If they decide to enact policies that single out Tesla, Tesla can and probably will say "We're not doing any further investment here". I find it very hard to believe that they would knowingly shoot themselves in the foot like that

I agree. Unless they are stupid, and my experience with Germans is that they are not - I know I’m not and neither is my spouse or out family members - that they can easily see the transition that’s happening.

Tesla IS German now. It employs Germans, some that surely worked for the other OEMS. It should make no difference to the government which logo is on the building, only that their auto industry continues to employ natives and adds to the economy.