Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been suggested that this Toyota news was what we needed to "think bigger" about. But I find it unlikely that Tesla would openly discuss an unfinished partnership deal at an all hands call.

I am also skeptical of this news because Japan already has the best self driving tech.
2Q==(1).jpg

CNBC promoting a segment coming up with a Tesla bear. Did not say who. We are ripe for a bounce after all this fud!

Tony SacconAgni, thinks Tsla will underperform given recents run ups. Tempted to give up Tesla position Says he.

Saying EV industry is much more competitive This year. No company has more than 10% typically Due high competition.

On crypto, not comfortable endorsing it.

Last edited:
CNBC promoting a segment coming up with a Tesla bear. Did not say who. We are ripe for a bounce after all this fud!
Will be interesting to see if $600 holds up. Currently too low volume these days for a true double bottom to be confirmed. If it happens it should be this week.

Not predicting anything. Just saying if $600 holds I expect recovery to +$700 in the short term.

TL;DR - Tesla won't be partnering at the licensing level or at a deeper level, but will share patents.

I disagree.

Tesla could make its current Autopilot and active safety features along with its car software into a compelling software and electronics package. No FSD, but everything else.

Toyota or any other car company can license this from Tesla, make some tweaks here and there as they see fit (like a phone company customizing android) and create their own version or use it as it is. Right now they have to work with a different supplier for almost every feature and it does not work well..

For OTA updates that can solve problems, there must be a central car operating system that connects everything. Right now legacy auto is far from this. They have hundreds of closed-source microcontrollers from different manufacturers. That is why VW abandoned MEB platform already and is working on a new central-software based platform like Tesla. It will take years to develop, billions in investment and results are unknown. Perhaps it will be better and cheaper just the license it from Tesla for many other companies.

It's been suggested that this Toyota news was what we needed to "think bigger" about. But I find it unlikely that Tesla would openly discuss an unfinished partnership deal at an all hands call.

I am also skeptical of this news because Japan already has the best self driving tech.
View attachment 649233

Indeed, Toyota seems to have been working on this small electric SUV project for months now. Back on Dec 7, 2020 we saw this headline:

Chances are, Toyota has been partnering with Tesla to develop this product for months, as yesterday's News article suggested. This adds more credibility to the story, IMO.

Cheers!​

Re the TMC (as Toyota refers to itself ) rumors, reposting here from a separate thread where I posted the original news source

... what Toyota also brings is branding and sales/ service reputation that will assuage the more common mass media conditioned folks, those who would not consider a BEV from Tesla.

My take is that it is very plausible, and whatever comes of it will be in the best interest of Tesla and its mission, as well as Tesla as a business:

Since all BEV's are battery constrained, this is not going to impact Tesla's production for the coming year at least - but it can help Tesla's revenue as it can sell parts, software or some know how. Figuring the sale prices for whatever is sold for Toyota is best left to Tesla's experts. More BEV's by Tesla or anyone else is better for the mission and Tesla.

Besides the fact that Tesla is years ahead in car manufacturing/ design and accelerating if anything, Tesla is ALSO more than just cars, it's more like an incubator for mission oriented tech, as EMSK mentioned. Once freed from car manufacturing, they can redirect resources to other areas, mostly ENERGY: the utilities (huge opportunities for disruption, and Tesla has already started as you are aware, but there too, battery supply is the limiting factor), the HVAC home housing market together with the solar roof, and whatever they may be planning already.

In true WS fashion that news will not impress the bean counters/ financial reports anal-ysts. The FUD crown will probably spin it in the opposite way, in whatever silly fashion they can invent. So no effect on TSLA for some time IMHO, not until some shift happens, money wise (earnings) or perception wise.

I also like that if this materializes, it would bring in another real contender in the BEV field besides Tesla, VW and "the Chinese, aka Xpeng Volvo, Nio et al".
The way all carmakers play the coming years sure is interesting to watch - the one unknown that is not mentioned much and would save the Lidar gang is V2X (vehicle to everything, ie other cars, infrastructure, pedestrians even). Now that would require massive investment, but considering the equally massive waste of money /USD /capital /energy we have seen in the past decade, it would absolutely make sense. Not expecting our politicians to want to understand that of course. Who knows, maybe enough people will wake up and help make a difference.

and after the cops traced the phone call they said...THE CALL CAME FROM INSIDE YOUR OWN HOUSE.
:rolleyes:

The TSLAQ community is full of people with zero understanding of corporate accounting who are being manipulated by a few scumbags. This exact same FUD happened last year with the "butt" upgrades. As if a company gains ANY benefit from a little more cash that can't be booked as revenue or profit.

I believe OP is genuine, everydaychris, but others are very suspect.

Last edited:
I would love to meet these people with $120-$140K in their "bank account" ... what a load *sugar* if they have that kind of cash sitting in a bank account they deserve to lose it :D....ore likely they got hit with overdraft ... etc...I cant believe i am responding to this .... :(