Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just read the patent. Quite difficult (though not impossible) to get around. This is basically using radar/lidar to find distances and velocities of objects, associate them with optical, use optical to disambiguate (using time) then using those distances to objects to train a vision only model which is then used in the cars.

IIRC Tesla had a few cars with LIDAR, data collected by them were probably used by this algorithm.
And now that Model S engineering mule spotted a few months back with lidar sensors on it makes sense.

(Several of us opined it was likely used to validate the other sensor perfomance...)

"Biden is scheduled to speak at Carpenters Pittsburgh Training Center at 4:20 p.m."

beavis-and-butt-head-mtv.jpg

Now, after everyone laughed at their new name, Volkswagen is claiming it was all a joke.

TMC is a woke organisation - any jokes about German humour should be left until tomorrow morning.
I don’t know if this has been posted; but, I believe it bears repeating...

Are you starting on the HUD thing again...

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Benzinga - this evening: Wedbush Expects Delivery Beat

Excerpts:

...The analyst said in a note Tuesday that Wedbush has updated its delivery model to reflect increased confidence in the first half of this year.

For the first quarter of 2021, Wedbush is raising Model 3/Y estimates to 160,000 units from 132,000 units. For Model S/X vehicles Wedbush revised estimates to 14,000 units from 12,500 units...

...From the point of view stocks, Ives wrote that the recent sell-off in EV shares “creates a massive buying opportunity in our opinion to own the Chinese EV players as well as the leader of the pack Tesla heading into this golden age of EVs.”

It's worth mentioning here that Tesla today blasted past the 1000 supercharger station milestone in the US. By the count at supercharge.info, there are now 19 open in Mexco, 111 open in Canada, and 1009 open in the US (including 8 that opened today). There are some counting ambiguities that make the numbers not line up exactly with Tesla's or even with themselves (they say 1005 open, but their data page lists 1009 for the US). @BlueShift ??

Benzinga - this evening: Wedbush Expects Delivery Beat

Excerpts:

...The analyst said in a note Tuesday that Wedbush has updated its delivery model to reflect increased confidence in the first half of this year.

For the first quarter of 2021, Wedbush is raising Model 3/Y estimates to 160,000 units from 132,000 units. For Model S/X vehicles Wedbush revised estimates to 14,000 units from 12,500 units...

...From the point of view stocks, Ives wrote that the recent sell-off in EV shares “creates a massive buying opportunity in our opinion to own the Chinese EV players as well as the leader of the pack Tesla heading into this golden age of EVs.”
Is giving such high estimate helpful to make his PT ($950) sensible?
He set high expectation even for Q4 2020 P&D, on Dec-30-2020 his estimate for Q4 was 190k-200K, sigh!

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
No, not only is it not universal, I am not aware of any driving jurisdiction in the USA or Canada where drivers should negotiate the right-of-way at an intersection with each other. Because the person who has the right-of-way is determined by who came to a stop at the intersection first. If it was tie, then the position of the vehicles relative to one another determines right-of-way. The right-of-way exists without any need for driver's to negotiate or gift it and the negotiating or gifting of it is almost always the result of a driver that doesn't even know the basic rules of the road.

If someone tries to "gift" the right-of-way to me, when I do not have the right-of-way, I ignore them. If they don't take the right-of-way even though they have had generous opportunities to do so, I will go, generally quickly enough and taking a path such that I always have an out should I see they have decided to finally go. I'm not going to sit there for 5 minutes if they are not taking their right-of-way.

If I ever see an AI driven vehicle signal that it's yielding the right of way to a vehicle that doesn't have the right of way, I will know the Ai developers didn't properly filter which human drivers were used to train the neural net. ;)
Your state may differ, but I had to re-learn Rules of the Road etc. when I moved to Alaska and had to take a driver test. At that time, I learned :

ONE NEVER has the right of way. Rather, the rules specifically present situations where one must yield the right of way.

I’m guessing that somewhere along the line, litigation must have reached some breaking point and thus the above ThroughTheLookingGlass situation developed.

Is Alaska ahead of its time? No, the world is not that LookingGlass-y.

Q4-2020: Vehicles produced in 2020 not shipped out till the new year started?

When are technically vehicles counted towards produced, I am assuming it's not by when they leave the factory, perhaps after some level of quality check and internal certification?

My recollection of some news around Dec-31-2020, in China, right after Dec-31 passed, after midnight, several trucks fully loaded with Model-Ys were seen leaving the Shanghai factory. Is my seeming recollection of this correct? If yes, do estimates you guys came across factor these in?
At that time, I was wondering if that was somewhat deliberate to cushion Q1-2021.