Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cffapture.JPG

Ford gets to take the tax deduction on that donation too.
You mean GM? The person buying it for so much over market value can generally claim the excess amount above market value as a donation.

Wouldn't that just leave the market value of the vehicle for GM to claim as a tax-deductible donation?

From the opening whistle, Team Tesla quickly fell into a 20 point hole and it was looking to be another one of those days. But unlike other days in this slump, they mounted a furious rally to go up by 20 for a 40 point swing early in the second quarter. They managed to hold off a few rallies from the Bears, and ended up with a nice 20+ point win and ending their two game skid. Attendance was about 50% higher than yesterday, perhaps due to fans jumping back on the bandwagon heading into the Q1 delivery report.

Today
Score: 635.62
Margin of W/L: 24.33
Attendance: 39,305,708

Season
Record: 29-31
Total margin in wins: 704.54
Total margin in losses: -774.59
YTD gain/loss: -70.05 -9.93%
Avg margin of victory: 24.29
Avg margin of defeat: -24.99
Best Win: 110.58 2021-03-09
Worst Loss: -68.83 2021-01-11
Last 10: 5-5
Streak: W1
Avg Attendance: 39,115,589
Avg Attendance of Last 10: 36,126,497
gonna need to add OverTime results soon....hopefully due to the surprises!

The nice up-day today was especially impressive in light of the macros moving down, treasury yields moving up and no significant positive Tesla news. Technically, a TSLA bottom appears to have been well tested and secured. :cool:

With the caveat that a "poor" P&D report (maybe sub 160k? something worse than the bad news the market is apparently already expecting) would probably see us break through that bottom.

As it is, feeling good that I bought back my 4/1 covered calls yesterday before close. I'll take any win I can get these days. ;-)

Reactions: Nocturnal
I did it!!!!!
Bought 1 share at 625 and have completed my Total Share Count Goal(TSCG)!!!
💎🙌

I have owned stock in Tesla & Solar City and always wanted to get my portfolio to such a GLORIOUSLY round, plump, juicy number. Split helped!

Im hoping for good Q1 numbers more than anything. If for any reason Q1 numbers come in low, I hope that the Biden announcement tmrw will get the stock up to a comfortable level where we have a little cushion if it starts to fall.
Either way the growth rate for Q1 YoY is going to be impressive.

Love you all, couldn’t have done this without you guys/girls/cats.
I was a long time reader......and I wanted to know if the stories were true......., glad I signed on and got to know some of you guys through the forum. Thanks Mods.
Go Tesla Go!!!!......... (And DOGE LOL)
I've blasted past my goal of last 2 digit in share number with recent dip and bought 2 extra shares to 71 in the last 2 digit. I've gave up on my goal now.

• Love
Reactions: Big Time
Hmm. So it WASN'T Auntie Cathie running up the price today. Good to know.
I'm surprised to learn Cathie didn't buy shares today. Those moves up early in the day looked like bigger lots (I don't follow lot detail like others here do). Seems even more bullish knowing it was other deep pocket investors. Clearly there was demand that the MMs couldn't negate.

Excited about how this plays out tomorrow. Looks like another early morning of market watching!

Guess what else $20Bn in the bank will buy you?

You can buy land and build a factory on it before you have even revealed the product you're going to make there. THAT'S investing in the future with high efficiency.

(Granted... land purchase and construction costs might be a low-interest government loan, but still...)
This is why I’m not adding to my position yet. I think Q1 numbers will be below expectations and the media & Wall Street will claim Tesla has a demand problem. The stock price will probably go back under $600 and if that’s the case I will load up because I think it’s nothing but up for the rest of the year to a new ATH.

No TSLA for Ark today
I don’t expect them to buy more unless it hits mid 500s. They loaded up and are past max capacity currently.
Unsurprising on a day that TSLA rose 4% while the macros were down. This despite ARK over the weekend raising its limit on buying stocks to those comprising less than 30% of a fund rather than the previous 10%. I suspect Cathie wants to give TSLA room to run toward her $3000 target. But her buying on TSLA dips may be in the cards, even after its been on a run and well surpasses 10% of a fund. Of course due to her new rule, selling some TSLA may not be seen nearly as often on up-days, if ever.

Benzinga - 2 hours ago: ARK Changes Allocation Caps

Excerpt:

With a bullish $3,000 price target on Tesla, Ark Funds could decide to increase the allocation in the electric vehicle maker.
  • Ark Innovation ETF ARKK 2.89% has 10.8% of the assets in Tesla shares, the largest holding in the ETF.
  • The Ark Autonomous Technology & Robotics ETF (BATS: ARKQ) holds 10.2% of assets in Tesla.
  • The Ark Next Generation Internet ETF ARKW 2.25% holds 10.6% of assets in Tesla.
Even with a rule in place to not hit 30%, Ark Funds has typically kept the Tesla weighting under 15% of assets and trimmed the position. The new rule could be in place to allow shares to appreciate as much in value over the next several years.

Last edited: