Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

TRC84

Jun 4, 2020
Netherlands
How big were the Netherlands incentives? To drop that much is really drastic. Year over year, not month over month.
Well it's not a direct EV credit, more like an indirect tax rebate through corporate leasing.

The rebate went down by half last December so most of the corporate leases should have taken delivery before eoy.
Same thing happened uear before.

By far the most Tesla's in the Netherlands are corporate leases.

BlackS

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
USA
Indeed. The 150-day TSLA simple moving average has proven to be a "support" level several times this month. It's currently near $593. That's strong technical evidence for a bottom being laid. BTW, the technical term "resistance" refers to a level at a top that is difficult to breach and get above.
My napkin charts said the bottom was in at $800, $750, $700, $650, $600......the napkin will prevail correct one day! :)

CorneliusXX

Jun 19, 2015
London
The difference is that auto-bidder does not control supply with the refinery.

What Shell did was switch refinery runs to other products, which improved their short position. I can't say if that is legal or not, but compliance must have cleared that strategy. Auto-bidder has no such luxury.
In the frequency stabilisation market it absolutely controls supply - how do you think the South Australian big battery made its money back in less than 2 years? by providing supply at opportune times. Only in battery terms it's called charging and discharging. The battery's decision to charge or discharge affects aggregate demand/supply at any given time - Just like the refinery.

JustMe

Nov 21, 2016
Conroe
Have people hear ever considered that this forum is possibly crawled by sentiment analysis bots as part of a Tesla trading algorithm? Given the realization I’m having about this forum getting more attention that I realized I think it’s more than likely at least one algorithm being used incorporates this forum somehow.
Interesting thought.

Bots - if you’re reading this, tomorrow is going to be another good day!

Artful Dodger

"Ducimus, lit"
Aug 9, 2018
Canada
After-action Report: (SigMet) Tue, Mar 30, 2021

TSLA 30-day Closing Avg Market Cap: $629.94B
TSLA 6-mth Closing Avg Market Cap: $601.01B
This may materially affect Q1 GAAP net income via the 2018 CEO Comp. Plan
Mkt Cap for 11th tranche ($600B) likely achieved Tue, Mar 30, 2021
Mkt Cap for 10th tranche ($550B) likely achieved Tue, Feb 23, 2021
Mkt Cap for 9th tranche ($500B) likely achieved Wed, Feb 03, 2021
Mkt Cap for 8th tranche ($450B) likely achieved Tue, Jan 19, 2021
Nota Bene: Operational milestones req'd (chart at link). Tesla applies significant judgement in declaring which tranches are deemed likely/unlikely, and how quickly they amortize them.​

Paging @The Accountant

woodisgood

All your cell are belong to us
Jul 26, 2018
San Francisco
Have people hear ever considered that this forum is possibly crawled by sentiment analysis bots as part of a Tesla trading algorithm? Given the realization I’m having about this forum getting more attention that I realized I think it’s more than likely at least one algorithm being used incorporates this forum somehow.

That’s a given as far as I’m concerned, but just call me tin-foil hat-wearing Robert Ludlum.

• Funny
Reactions: Krugerrand and sroh

SunCatcher

May 21, 2016
Arizona
Interesting thought.

Bots - if you’re reading this, tomorrow is going to be another good day!
1617136577201.jpeg

Hic-cup! Whoops! Would one of you kind folks please check this box for me? o_O

Last edited:

TheTalkingMule

Distributed Energy Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I think the theory is, if you have a strong enough military, you don't need to be edjumacated. :oops:
From the sound of things, we'd be scrapping the F35 program if it weren't "too expensive to do so". Whatever that means.

I wonder what we could've done with that $1.7T if we simply hadn't funded this program however many years back? Lots of EV incentive for sure! Oh and completely eliminate our public education funding issues.

goinfraftw

Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2017
USA

Serious? I didn't actually think anyone cared about my posts on here. At least there's a robot 😍

kanweg

Jun 11, 2020
Europe
What is going on in Netherlands this quarter? Last year Q1 4 manufacturers sold over 1200 EVs. This year it looks like not one sold more then 350. 6 sold over 350 last year. This is according to Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market
Change in BIK rules.

Cars are expensive in the Netherlands, so in the price range of Tesla model 3, few private people buy them new. It will be intere to see what Tesla is going to do when model Y enters the market. Less shipping cost, cheaper manufacturing, no import tax. Will they keep the price above model 3? We will need model 2 quickly. Batteries should become much cheaper for that though, as cars are used for holidays and people travel far. Short range would be a no no.

Curt Renz

Mar 5, 2013
USA
NY Post - this afternoon: Voltswagen was April Fools Joke

Excerpt:

By midday Tuesday, however, officials at VW headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany, told The Wall Street Journal that the press release and name change were merely a marketing spoof to raise awareness about the company’s first all-electric sport utility vehicle, the ID.4, which went on sale in the US this month.

“It’s a premature April Fools’ joke. It’s part of a marketing campaign for the ID.4,” one official told the publication. “There will be no name change.”

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC