Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope so

Interesting, PR flack on payroll of Tesla competitor (Argo AI) shows up on investment pages of Tesla forum.

Another totally normal day in Tesla-land!🙃

InkedScreenshot_2021-04-19 Tweets with replies by Alex Roy ( AlexRoy144) Twitter_LI.jpg

You guys very well may be right... however, it's just extremely disappointing that Ford is able to make use of their chargers with an interface that is 100x better than themselves. Maybe it's the opposite of what I stated. Maybe they're using 200,000 of their 1 million lines of code for programming the charging interface.
Ford also made the MachE the best Ford Car, like Porsche with the Taycan. VW and GM not so much.

TACC will go whatever speed you want- maybe he "thought" he'd turned on AP but only turned on TACC?

Would explain ability to accelerate without someone in the seat, but it'd just keep going straight when it came to a turn.

That's 32,000 percent user error of course, even beyond the idiotic getting out of the seat in the first place bit.
Looking at that crash, I think it's far above the TACC speed limit. This would require a (drunk I guess?) driver trying to impress someone by accelerating as fast as possible. This whole thing is very fishy. That's a LOT of things to do in a short period of time. Set something in wheel, turn on AP, get out of seatbelt, climb into back seat etc. Really feels like there was a driver who ran off, perhaps another friend or relative?

Attachments

• location.JPG
    location.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 50
TACC will go whatever speed you want- maybe he "thought" he'd turned on AP but only turned on TACC
Would explain ability to accelerate without someone in the seat, but it'd just keep going straight when it came to a turn.

That's 32,000 percent user error of course, even beyond the idiotic getting out of the seat in the first place bit.

Why do you assume there was no one in the driver seat? We need to wait for the investigation to be completed before jumping to unwarranted conclusions. Anyone who has been paying attention the last several years knows how irresponsible the media has been with any accident involving a Tesla.

Common sense says the most likely scenario is the driver was driving irresponsibly fast, lost control and crashed into a tree. If no one was found in the driver's seat it's probably because he climbed into the backseat after the crash in an attempt to get out. We won't know until the investigation is complete.

You are playing right into the hands of the people that bring you news stories that have repeatedly demonstrated are unreliable.

Guys, I need help.
A guy I work and train with is getting stressed out by ARK daily trading reports and thinks TSLA is not worth much because ARK sold some TSLA 2 days ago at peak and bought Coinbase yesterday.
He is watching stocks price everyday and think he should sell his ARKK because Tesla is overvalued and that it won’t go up for 1 year. He is listening to the day trading whatsapp group of his friend who knows a trader and says the Chinese EVs will take over and he should take profit because TSLA will crash because of the Chinese EVs.

I see these 2 guys being absorbed by FUD and they believe it like religion and they seem to start being unreasonable. His whatsapp day trading friend is now anti-vaxxer because he says the companies just make money out of it and he thinks it’s like the flu vaccine, the only time he got the flu is the only year he took the vaccine.

I feel like it is a hopeless battle, people are getting more and more unreasonable.

Well you could thank him for creating market opportunities that you can benefit from. It’s hard to argue with these anti-vaxxer/election stealer people.

Not if it had the "world's best software" and a DMS. :)

Are my fellow Tesla owners opposed to safety?

What? It sounds like you are blaming the car instead of the operator? Whatever happened to the noble people who believe an individual should take responsibility for their actions?

You have become far too "nanny state" for my liking.

Interesting, PR flack on payroll of Tesla competitor (Argo AI) shows up on investment pages of Tesla forum.

Another totally normal day in Tesla-land!🙃

View attachment 655015
Btw, the guy who led vision and machine learning just left Argo few months ago. :)

I have plenty of friends in Argo. We treated each other in respect back in Waymo day. Maybe I should ask their CEO how Alex spreading irresponsible FUD too.

Why do you assume there was no one in the driver seat? We need to wait for the investigation to be completed before jumping to unwarranted conclusions. Anyone who has been paying attention the last several years knows how irresponsible the media has been with any accident involving a Tesla.

Common sense says the most likely scenario is the driver was driving irresponsibly fast, lost control and crashed into a tree. If no one was found in the driver's seat it's probably because he climbed into the backseat after the crash in an attempt to get out. We won't know until the investigation is complete.

You are playing right into the hands of the people that bring you news stories that have repeatedly demonstrated are unreliable.

Uh- the dude in the back seat was dead.

Your alternative to "TACC was engaged" is "Guy is fatally injured in drivers seat but decides to move into the back to deliver some FUD as he lay dying"?

Common sense indeed.

The most recent 5 years I have been professionally occupied with leading research teams who had to investigate deadly accidents.
What we are doing here on this forum is wild guessing from limited data about what could probably have caused this accident.
The teams that researched the accidents of which I know all about now, consisted of highly knowledgable professionals who could draw logical conclusions from details that I as chairman could understand when presented to me, but never would have found out myself.
So it is recommendable to be holding back on conclusions about what may have happened.
First and foremost: no matter what exactly happened: there are families involved who are in very deep distress because of this tragedy.
It will suit us so much better to show compassion for this in stead of judging.

Uh- the dude in the back seat was dead.

Your alternative to "TACC was engaged" is "Guy is fatally injured in drivers seat but decides to move into the back to deliver some FUD as he lay dying"?

Common sense indeed.
I pointed out the problem with this above. Can you square all of the actions necessary for him to be in the back seat AND get to that speed in such a small space? Seems impossible, or at least extremely unlikely. I'm not 60 but it would not be easy for me to climb into the back in a moving car with all that going on.

Driver would have needed to purposefully buckle seatbelt in place. Start driving. Activate AP (which shouldn't work on that street anyway, and NOT at those speeds). Make sure the steering wheel cheater is in place. Climb into back seat.

All of that going at 90? or so on a residential street over the space of a mile? Occam's razor says that something else is at play.

The most recent 5 years I have been professionally occupied with leading research teams who had to investigate deadly accidents.
What we are doing here on this forum is wild guessing from limited data about what could probably have caused this accident.
The teams that researched the accidents of which I know all about now, consisted of highly knowledgable professionals who could draw logical conclusions from details that I as chairman could understand when presented to me, but never would have found out myself.
So it is recommendable to be holding back on conclusions about what may have happened.
First and foremost: no matter what exactly happened: there are families involved who are in very deep distress because of this tragedy.
It will suit us so much better to show compassion for this in stead of judging.
What you’re suggesting makes too much sense for the fanboys on this board who engage in the same type of thinking as TSLAQ.