Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t I know it......

Lucky for the group my RotoThump BabyShreikers™ have been installed on the motherboard and it totally fits on the H-Axis!

Gordo better pop those suspenders because this thing is going to be running full blast.
Basicly the machine will run until either there is no more flesh or the paddles completely brake loose from the axle. It’s not going to be pretty either way.
To paraphrase Gen. Beringer from War Games:
"After very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new spanking machine sucks."

DE88C476-7453-49A8-892F-02D0FF3C4528.jpeg

For the record here, our US senators repeating and aggravating the false narrative of the Texas accident - our politicians have no judgment OR are corrupt, which should be grounds for dismissal in any well run organization. Any way to get some sort of legal action here? I'm flabbergasted. Via Gary Black's Tweet - he advocates Tesla get a PR established to defend against such false narratives. Probably not a good use of Tesla resources, am sure the folks at Tesla have figured out the best strategy.

View attachment 656068

View attachment 656069
Please vote these guys out of office :mad:

Couldn't find anything quickly on Blumenthal, but Markey looks to be in the pocket of the Big Oil lobbyists, and got caught accepting their donations and sheepishly returned them.
Blumenthal is pretty solid on climate change. I tweeted @ him in regards to this issue the other day. Basically asking why he was willing to rush to judgment against the company doing more than another other to fight climate change.

Blumenthal is pretty solid on climate change. I tweeted @ him in regards to this issue the other day. Basically asking why he was willing to rush to judgment against the company doing more than another other to fight climate change.

Well, if he's not in big oil's pocket, he sure seems to have an axe to grind against Tesla. I've got no respect for him and this letter. It just drips of being written by a lobbyist.

This TSLA dip is worth it to watch the utter wastes of space on CNBC foam at the mouth at paying a mildly progressive tax on their rackets. I also have literally $.98 cash in my accounts, so it hurts even worse to not be able to buy.

You get IRAs, HSAs, a million other workarounds, plus a $1M/yr income buffer before any of this kicks in. Personally I'd rather just see capital gains treated as normal income within a 1980s Reagan progressive tax schedule.
$.80 in cash ... waiting for AAPL dividend ;)

I'd give credence to the uproar if Autopilot was an actual hazard to the public, yet these same journalists don't point out how incredibly dangerous all other cars are with human drivers.
And if it does use sensor in seat then some kind of journalist will put a bag of potatoes on it and still scream faul.
How far do you need to go as a producer to safeguard your products? Will Apple have such scruteny when somebody tries to push a phone in his arse and needs to be hospitalized? This discussion is so incredibly dumb

That smells like a reverse JPMorgan technique. JPM will usually raise their target from like $60 to $80, just so the news cycle and algos pick it up.

Adam and MS must have some pretty heavy long bets in place for earnings.
79B7DDE9-1B67-4122-A9BF-DF54BF2525F3.jpeg
Before the market gets even more crowded? Lol, EV’s account for only 2% of all new vehicle sales globally. And Tesla already price-competitive with ICE, which is 98% of the market.

For the record here, our US senators repeating and aggravating the false narrative of the Texas accident - our politicians have no judgment OR are corrupt, which should be grounds for dismissal in any well run organization. Any way to get some sort of legal action here? I'm flabbergasted. Via Gary Black's Tweet - he advocates Tesla get a PR established to defend against such false narratives. Probably not a good use of Tesla resources, am sure the folks at Tesla have figured out the best strategy.

View attachment 656068

View attachment 656069
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 1.47.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 1.47.17 PM.png

And if it does use sensor in seat then some kind of journalist will put a bag of potatoes on it and still scream faul.
How far do you need to go as a producer to safeguard your products? Will Apple have such scruteny when somebody tries to push a phone in his arse and needs to be hospitalized? This discussion is so incredibly dumb
How far do you need to go as a producer to safeguard your products? This far.

View attachment 656068

View attachment 656069
Free advertising for the company that is leading the way in automotive innovation. :cool:

Short term gains are already taxed as ordinary income, i.e. up to the 40%-ish for high income individuals.
My concern is whether this will discourage buy-and-holding, thereby increasing instability in the market.

Well, the short-term reaction to a higher cap. gain rate is difficult to predict because humans have emotions that drive their behavior in the short-term.

In the longer-term, it would not have that effect. Assuming the long-term capital gains rate stays equal to or below the short-term rate, the higher the long-term rate goes, the longer wealthy people will hold stocks. This is to maximize the compounding of wealth which is the primary function by which most people become very wealthy. The magic of compounding tax-free. The taxes do not come due until you sell which gives your entire holdings much more growing power over the decades and a higher long-term tax rate will provide a bit more reason to hold longer. Large portions of the middle class have not yet figured out how to do this yet (even if they "know" it). Because it makes a much more radical difference than intuition can fully understand.

Paging @TheTalkingMule

Yes, this kind of market manipulation has been happening to TSLA for a very long time. They have been practising their craft since what I've coined the "Bloomberg Bare Raid" on Sep 18, 2018.

TSLA dropped 9.1% in 14 min after Bloomberg Business published a sensational headline about a S EC c rim inal p ro be which turned out to be simply a civil suit but who cares rite? Here's a link to the comment I wrote on that day: (charts reposted here, too)

#37,494 posted by @Artful Dodger Sep 19, 2018 at 11:14 am ET

While reading, keep in mind that today's drop was only 3.25% over 60 minutes, and required a massive assist from a macro dump (which could well have been coordinated).

TSLA.2018-09-18.BloombergBearRaid.png

... and here is the per-minute SP data from NASDAQ : (again this was a 9% drop in 14 min)

Bloomberg.Bear.raid.2018-09-18.png

Highly-respected commenter @Fact Checking wrote in comment #37,485
"20 dollar drop, so a $20 million dollars profit per 1M shares.​
"Still a nice payoff, especially if your short position was otherwise in the red. Only requires the right information, lack of ethics and a certain amount of criminal energy."​

@humbaba presented this keen observation in comment #37,490

"Likewise. In the past few weeks (I forget just when) Market Watch revived the "burning crashed Tesla" story from June pretending that it had just happened. Oddly, after I made a comment about it here, they lightly edited it to make it less obvious that it was a rehash while maintaining the pretense of it being current news."​
You should know these comments were also written on Sep 19, 2018. Sound eerily familar? The whole discussion here at TMC on that day reads like an echo from the past.

This story line of attack by hedgies continued for over a year, cuminating in the (now proven to be baseless) request for a con tem pt of cou rt order by the S EC in spring 2019 which dragged the SP down for over 3 months until resolved.

At the time (Sep 2018), one prominent shortzes was quoted as saying 'Tesla can't win; if they survive as a car company, we'll simply sue them to death'. How revealing about their intentions, their tactics, and their ethics.

These are the people you're facing. Hedgies refined their playbook years ago. MMs are now simply replaying their greatest hits. There's nothing new here.

Know yer history.

Word.

Last edited:

View attachment 656068

View attachment 656069

The good news in this ridiculous letter is that, when it's determined that there was a driver in the driver's seat and that AP was not engaged, it will be one more data point to make the NHTSA and other involved more aware of the forces attacking Tesla over nothing more than ignorance. You know, the boy who called 'wolf' too many times.

Watch LIVE now re Earth Day on YouTube talking about and answering questions about the $100 M XXPRIZE Carbon Removal website - guidelines are not finalized, open to suggestions - $50M for winning team, $30M split between teams 2,3,4, $15M as seed money for most promising teams after first year, $5M for student competition .. - note Elon's cool touch, barefoot ; D Nothing earth shattering new yet for those who have followed the topic, but fun to watch. We'll see how the questions go.
Note: Elon Musk is the founder and one of the benefactors, along with a few other individuals, Shell, Cosia (Canadian Oil Sands somethin), Google ... are sponsors. The Q&Q continues in the Twitter clubhouse equivalent.

Speculation: Elon looks pretty relaxed and happy - so maybe great Q1 day incoming?

Elon Musk and Peter Diamandis LIVE on $100M XPRIZE Carbon Removal

Elon.earthDay.jpg

Last edited: