Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GPU mining is no longer profitable for BTC mining although if there's at least 8GB of VRAM, it could used for Etherium (to trade to BTC).

I've heard that before but just checking the first result for "gpu mining profitability calculator" it says a NVIDIA GTX 1050 on $0.10 per kWh is profitable for BTC. Same for a AMD R9 380 on $0.10 per kWh.

Those calcs are purely hash vs electricity so they don't count the cost of the GPU. But for cars that people are paying for as cars the GPU price doesn't matter.

why would it soar? GAAP profit came in well below almost all estimates.

now you guys are just downvoting straight facts? i'd love to hear the justification for my statement not being true. 39 cents a share is factually and inarguably well below predictions. join me in reality someday and you'll be better investors. this forum has a severe problem with reacting negatively to things it doesn't want to hear, even when they're true. it's going to cost you money if you shield yourself from reality.

No surprises here.

It is all good.

Onward and upward!

P.S. SP at this point in short term is at the mercy of powers beyond my comprehension. But I am not seeing anything that would catapult this up in AH. Perhaps after phone call and tomorrow....

So, does this mean, at least, $50B in revenue in 2021 is highly likely barring any unforeseen circumstances?

Edit: I ask because Tesla already has a $17B of cash on-hand and their operating expenses are $1.6B for the quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are the negatives (i.e.: what Gordon & co. will be shouting about on Yahoo! Finance, etc.):
  • GAAP loss if you take out reg. credits
  • lower auto and total revenues vs. Q4 2020 on higher deliveries (yeah, let's not talk about the change in the mix, and the resulting change in ASP)
  • high OpEx (no need to address boring details, like the $614M in SBC)
  • FCF lowest in the past 4 quarters (and over $1B higher Y-o-Y, but whatever).
  • low energy storage numbers

now you guys are just downvoting straight facts? i'd love to hear the justification for my statement not being true. 39 cents a share is factually and inarguably well below predictions. join me in reality someday and you'll be better investors. this forum has a severe problem with reacting negatively to things it doesn't want to hear, even when they're true. it's going to cost you money if you shield yourself from reality.

1619468562076.png

that's non-GAAP. i specifically said GAAP.

Good for you, but most of the consensus estimates were around non-GAAP EPS b/c they had no idea where regulatory credits, etc. would fall. GAAP had a larger spread.

Contrary to how you WANT to paint us, we're not stupid bulls in this forum, and know how to read (and invest).

The algo bots can't make sense of this, and I could care less as a long-term investor.

These are the negatives (i.e.: what Gordon & co. will be shouting about on Yahoo! Finance, etc.):
  • GAAP loss if you take out reg. credits
  • lower auto and total revenues vs. Q4 2020 on higher deliveries (yeah, let's not talk about the change in the mix, and the resulting change in ASP)
  • high OpEx (no need to address boring details, like the $614M in SBC)
  • FCF lowest in the past 4 quarters (and over $1B higher Y-o-Y, but whatever).
  • low energy storage numbers
Honestly, I think market was expecting updated forecast for 2021 deliveries and didn't get it, and that is factoring in too. MSM was saying that would be the key number to watch for q1 earnings (lol)