Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What Elon is saying is HUGE about re-wiring for powerwalls/solar.

This will pass over most people's heads, but this is HUGE for install time.

Example, in our house Tesla had to re-route EVERY SINGLE circuit from the main panel to their own new panel. The new setup allows them to bypass that kind of installation and instead to essentially put the PW2's+solar in line with the main grid entry point and not touch the main panel.

One example is a 5 day install for my house early on, this part of the install was at least 1/2 of that time.

TL;DR - this will let Tesla and 3rd party installers to ramp up installations. And I bet (my take) is that it will allow for implementation of possible Vehicle 2 Grid and Virtual Power Plant operations.
As someone who doesn't really need storage, I'm excited they're thinking of a single PW more as a buffer than mass storage. High power means probably less switching modes and a more seamless experience.

The ability to basically be a utility. PW and Tesla-made solar inverter combined.

I'm loving that they've done literally zero prep for this call. There's a baby crying. Hilarious!

Btw he just gave guidance. He said we have over a million cars, next year it will be over 2million.
The Toyota Corolla sold 1,480,000 in 2019.

So in 2022

model y: 1,500,000
model 3: 500,000
cybertrucks: 100,000
model 2: 200,000
roadsters: 5,000
semis: 5,000
edit forgot
models s/x: 120,000

total 2,430,000

Last edited:
Don't want to listen to the audio. I'm working and I'd rather have scrolling text I can check every few minutes.
Don’t want to listen to the audio. I’m working (on my second margarita) and I’d rather have scrolling text I can check every few minutes (between sips).