Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not obvious to me.
I want to know batteries.
He already talked difficulty to FSD
Nothing else to learn pertaining to earnings, sales, profits pertaining to DOJO cause it isn't able to affect the bottom line.

Elon teased this button for FSD 9 or whatever a while ago, keeps delaying
DOJO is a tease.

These are SAY questions - i.e. people voting with their shares on what questions to ask. This was the highest voted question, so I guess most people disagree with you.

Those updates weren't full refreshes. Same body castings etc.

Yes very aware they weren't fully refreshes. My point was that Tesla executed perfectly with those smaller updates with zero downtime so it's surprising to see such a big downtime on larger refresh. It's all water under the bridge at this point. They screwed up and now we're past it.

The more important thing was the hit from the refresh in Q1 and how amazing Tesla's earnings were considering that 200 million hit

Yes very aware they weren't fully refreshes. My point was that Tesla executed perfectly with those smaller updates with zero downtime so it's surprising to see such a big downtime on larger refresh. It's all water under the bridge at this point. They screwed up and now we're past it.

The more important thing was the hit from the refresh in Q1 and how amazing Tesla's earnings were considering that 200 million hit
It isnt a permanent hit is it? Sounded like to me they made many cars, but something is holding them back from delivering them. Once past the issue all those cars are pure revenue in this quarter and the 200 million expense was all last quarter.

What Elon is saying is HUGE about re-wiring for powerwalls/solar.

This will pass over most people's heads, but this is HUGE for install time.

Example, in our house Tesla had to re-route EVERY SINGLE circuit from the main panel to their own new panel. The new setup allows them to bypass that kind of installation and instead to essentially put the PW2's+solar in line with the main grid entry point and not touch the main panel.

In the example of our house it was a 5 day install for my house (early on in PW2 deployment back in 2017), this part of the install was at least 1/2 of that time.

TL;DR - this will let Tesla and 3rd party installers to ramp up installations. And I bet (my take) is that it will allow for implementation of possible Vehicle 2 Grid and Virtual Power Plant operations.

Last edited:
There's definitely a massive Powerwall based plan for residential, which is great, but I'm still a bit annoyed you can't just get solar panels.

I guess they'd be telling us all about these PW plans if there wasn't such a cell crunch. This kind of plan requires a PW price cut of like 40% to make sense in markets that don't have blackouts.

They're a few steps ahead of the US grid, so it makes sense it's jerky and has Elon mumbling over bits.

It was when he was talking about dojo. He said there are currently a million robo taxi capable cars on the road and by next year it will be over 2million.

Tesla hit 1 million cars around March/April 2020. Meaning they finished the year somewhere around 1.3-1.4ish million.

601k-701k in 2021 would get you over 2 million.

That's not useful guidance, as everyone is expecting MORE than 601k-701k in 2021.

Sure, but in the past Tesla didn't combine S and X then into one line to free up extra space for another line. (speculation on my part)

What if Cybertruck starts rolling off a pilot line built in that space, or, maybe the 25K car makes an appearance coming out of Fremont?

What if the S/X refresh was also part of a grand ruse, as well as an actual refresh? I'd love to see what a surprise scenario like this might do to the SP.

Reiterating, this is pure unadulterated speculation on my part.

Last edited:
Reactions: reardencode