Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 659270

Genius Gordo says he would be selling the stock this week because the street estimates will be lower due to the delay in Giga Berlin.... 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡 🤡

Short term prediction: SMR hilarity about to ensue.
Also, spotted on Twitter:

B32A43EE-6D56-48BA-817A-81A64CEFFB8B.jpeg

Or the yellow Fiat X/19 my ex owned back in the mid 90's - this car had many endearing quirks, like coolant fluid splashing out of the dash onto your legs while driving, or the gearstick falling through the bottom of the car, phantom windows, random headlights, etc.

But the brakes were truly an experience, especially when you needed them and had forgotten the pads must have been honed out of ebony and the disks were obviously Teflon-coated - that was a scary ride I can tell you!

Looked a bit like this, very pretty little car, but palpitating:

View attachment 659241
I actually owned the American version of that. It only started about 50% of the time.

Pontiac-Fiero-77.jpg

Useless people like GJ like nothing more than people trashing them. They simply need attention to remain relevant.

We're literally keeping this guy's career afloat posting, linking, and talking about his nonsense.
Exactly right - the best thing that this community can do is ignore the idiot trolls completely - they thrive on getting reactions from Tesla bulls.

Family ties to big oil?

I wish there was a tool to check backgrounds of Kolodny, Gordon Johnson, Chanos, etc and find out who pays them.

Yes, there is a tool to check out who pays the tools. You have one and I have one. But it's not the kind of tool where you can just press a button and have the answer spit out.

I've just decided they weren't worth my time. But, IMO, Chanos probably pays (or paid) Linette Lopez (and other so-called journalists), maybe not in the normal manner of compensating an employee under the table but something more akin to setting aside a small portion of a short position periodically. Probably puts with a specific expiration. The share price needs to be driven down to pay out but the lower the share price goes, the bigger the payday. That way he can encourage many negative stories at very low cost (if they don't knock the share price down far enough) and the journalists are encouraged to keep trying to hit the big payday.

Maybe some day one of these journalists will spill the beans. But I don't know why they would unless they resisted the offer - it's not a good look.

Clean Technica did a series on the topic of negative Tesla reporting where they measured and compiled the number of positive and negative Tesla stories but it looks like they suddenly stopped on Feb. 11, 2019 after 23 weekly stories on this topic:

Each week they provide a link to a spreadsheet containing: the article titles, the author and their rating (negative, neutral or positive). If I were going to investigate this, I would start there. Then I would send an e-mail to every author listed, even the ones who tended to be neutral, and say you were working on a study of people who try to exploit journalists for financial gain in the markets and ask if they had any interesting stories to tell.

Could be interesting.

Exactly right - the best thing that this community can do is ignore the idiot trolls completely - they thrive on getting reactions from Tesla bulls.

Just be aware that a fully ignored troll’s final desperate grasps at relevance will include the creation of antagonistic personas in order to maintain controversy.

He will create Tesla bull personalities to argue with him even if we all don’t.

Yes, there is a tool to check out who pays the tools. You have one and I have one. But it's not the kind of tool where you can just press a button and have the answer spit out.

I've just decided they weren't worth my time. But, IMO, Chanos probably pays (or paid) Linette Lopez (and other so-called journalists), maybe not in the normal manner of compensating an employee under the table but something more akin to setting aside a small portion of a short position periodically. Probably puts with a specific expiration. The share price needs to be driven down to pay out but the lower the share price goes, the bigger the payday. That way he can encourage many negative stories at very low cost (if they don't knock the share price down far enough) and the journalists are encouraged to keep trying to hit the big payday.

Maybe some day one of these journalists will spill the beans. But I don't know why they would unless they resisted the offer - it's not a good look.

Clean Technica did a series on the topic of negative Tesla reporting where they measured and compiled the number of positive and negative Tesla stories but it looks like they suddenly stopped on Feb. 11, 2019 after 23 weekly stories on this topic:

Each week they provide a link to a spreadsheet containing: the article titles, the author and their rating (negative, neutral or positive). If I were going to investigate this, I would start there. Then I would send an e-mail to every author listed, even the ones who tended to be neutral, and say you were working on a study of people who try to exploit journalists for financial gain in the markets and ask if they had any interesting stories to tell.

Could be interesting.
When (if) I retire for the last time, that could be an entertaining hobby.

OTOH, keep in mind that Elon himself said it preferred a lower SP for the workers - if I understand correctly it granted them more stock options...
Of course, the FUD gets under the skin of everyone: when friends and family think Tesla is going to collapse everyone doubts and stock options aren't that appealing anymore.
So while I think a lower SP is good (more shares for the workers) the FUD part is not.
True. A low share price is even better for the workers than the way it provides another buying opportunity for us. Because as long as a worker keeps going to work, it's just like finding more coin in the couch cushions. Stock options pay out based on the difference in price between issue and exercise. The best scenario for Tesla as a company, is a share price that goes up a predictable amount every year. It will never realize that of course but this is why it's not good for the price to get ahead of itself - it creates the impression in the minds of workers that their options issued at the high price will never be worth much.

This is how it's possible for it to be good for the long-term goals of the company to prevent a big rally in the share price or tamp one down that had already happened (before a bunch of employees were issued new options). Not that it would be legal or proper to do that! ;)

However, Economic Minister Jörg Steinbach, who has been one of Tesla’s most vocal supporters in their quest to open the German facility, isn’t buying the six-month delay story at all. Steinbach still believes Tesla is on pace for a late-Summer or early-Autumn start at Giga Berlin.

“I don’t have the faintest idea of how anyone can come up with a six-month delay. If nothing happens out of the ordinary, I still expect a start of production in late Summer or Early Autumn.”
-Jörg Steinbach, German Economic Minister
To be fair - Tesla itself did change the wording in their quarterly report for when Berlin production and deliveries to start from "2021" to "late 2021" in last weeks report. Now that isn't technically a delay, but does move the range of possible earliest deliveries to "late" in the year vs previously being theoretically possible at anytime in 2021.

Edit to add: from Elon's opening remarks on conference call last week: "...we expect to have initial limited production from those factories this year and volume production from Texas and Berlin next year."

Reaching volume "next year" technically means any time between Jan 1st to Dec 31st 2022.

==========

Also worth noting that Tesla removed Berlin model 3 from being "in development" to no longer being mentioned at all. that actually happened in Q4 report but I don't recall discussion here about it. So I guess a Berlin model 3 isn't happening anytime in the next year or two, and Tesla will rely on China for model 3 for EU instead.

Last edited:
We're literally keeping this guy's career afloat posting, linking, and talking about his nonsense.

They thrive on getting booked as contrarians on "news" programs. Nothing to do with us at all, other than to keep pointing out how wrong they are.