Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

Buckminster

Aug 29, 2018
UK
Cancel culture is going to protect Elon from people putting their name to FUD:
1620552449955.png

lascavarian

Jul 27, 2017
usa
The one that had me do a double take...Father Durdur(?)View attachment 660719
This was an amazing send up of “Mare of Easttown”. I am familiar with this area/accent and watch this HBO series. The local accents the sketch amplified wur (oops “were”) very well done. It was one of the better sketches I have seen. Elon closes things as the Doge errr Father durdur suspect.

Reactions: AZRI11

ByeByeJohnny

Dec 18, 2016
on top of a rocket
Also it looks like it was the FIRST time that SNL actually published a live feed for international viewers...Reference "‘SNL’ is a global phenomenon and this livestream marks the first time audiences around the world will experience the show simultaneously along with the US,”"

looks like SNL pulled some Elon weight....or Elon pulled some SNL weight? Curious from anyone outside the US what the viewer count is at?

I went back to bed about halfway. At that time the view count was at around 280k I think.

Six hours later it had been taken down and replaced by the individual sketches which I can view fine here in Scandinavia. Based on the past these seem to be taken down after a few days as well so don't wait too long.

Christine600

Supporting Member
Oct 19, 2018
Scandiwegian
I usually sleep well - but last night I woke up an hour before SNL - in the middle of the night over here in Europe. So I watched it as an early morning live show. :D

It was interesting how Elon showed us a different side of himself. I just have to love this guy! And if anything I feel more reassured to be all in with my TSLA investments after this. 🤠

...and I guess I have to follow Chad's investment advice and buy memorative shares when the price hits

16017 (boobs at pre split price)

I need more coffee!

traxila

Supporting Member
Nov 25, 2012
NYC
OT: I had not watched a full episode of SNL since the late 70s and early 80s when I was a child. It taught me a lot about the world then, and also had me in stitches routinely.

Wow, have not missed much. IMO, that was just awful. Cannot imagine it has been this bad the whole time as it just would not exist anymore.

The cast are supposed to be professional comedians who rehearsed. I was shocked at how bad they were reading cue cards. How does that make sense?....

Anyway, Musk seemed to have a good time and nothing stupid happened so, fun! As for dogecoin.... well, it is a crypto based on a dog meme...

BTW, I think it was a brilliant move to buy air time for EV commercials on a Musk hosted SNL. I am confused why so many here dismissed the idea as lame or desperate. The idea is to get people who may consider buying BEVs to watch the ad. Mission accomplished with the audience watching, no doubt.

All the best!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC