Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It has been on Twitter this morning, all rumor.
Seems to be from one source. No idea what track record they have.

I also think that no production of model Y for two weeks should have been noticeable from the flyovers on youtube. Granted they are not daily and with them often filling up most available spaces just before a European shipment it's not that easy to track. Still think that with only model 3s for two weeks someone would have noticed. If not the models at least that they number of visible cars was lower than earlier for a significant time.

Not saying it didn't happen, maybe to a lesser extent like partly shut down? Who knows at this point but seems unlikely to me they really were completely shut down for that long.

Only because you give "real" money too much currency. OK, excuse the pun.

Only because you think money is more important than it is. It's just a tool.
I honestly don't care what Tesla accepts if it's not a joke. I am not interested in a company that accepts joke money. Etherium, lit coins, there are many to choose from. But how can anyone take the company seriously if Elon keeps accepting fartcoins or 69 coins. Because that's the impression dogecoins give me.

I've been seeing a lot of stories about gas shortages due to the pipeline closure. Long lines at best, completely out at worst, and this could continue into the summer as demand increases due to seasonal factors and covid waning. I wonder how many people are filling up their tanks and driving to Tesla stores (and other EV dealers) as a result.

Reactions: JusRelax
That says January 21,484 which is lower then December 23,804, but not by 8K and with even 6,000 for exports I assume that is an estimate.

Yup totally an estimate and Troy isn't 100% accurate. If you take that 2+k and add with a 2 week Y shutdown (6k). You have a number somewhere between 8-9k, which would line up directly with the drop. That is making assumptions on a few things being true, which we don't know yet.

Reactions: Hytra
I've been seeing a lot of stories about gas shortages due to the pipeline closure. Long lines at best, completely out at worst, and this could continue into the summer as demand increases due to seasonal factors and covid waning. I wonder how many people are filling up their tanks and driving to Tesla stores (and other EV dealers) as a result.

I honestly don't care what Tesla accepts if it's not a joke. I am not interested in a company that accepts joke money. Etherium, lit coins, there are many to choose from. But how can anyone take the company seriously if Elon keeps accepting fartcoins or 69 coins. Because that's the impression dogecoins give me.
I mean, SpaceX seems to be accepting dogecoin for moon missions. I don't really know what to think about why they're doing it. But I judge companies and people based on their accomplishments. And for both Tesla and SpaceX, the seriousness of their accomplishments can't be ignored, no matter what kind of payment they're accepting.

But how can anyone take the company seriously if Elon keeps accepting fartcoins or 69 coins. Because that's the impression dogecoins give me.

To me, it doesn't matter. What makes it serious is if they sell everything they make, expand production, build out infrastructure like superchargers and service centers, and grow their energy business. Doge and all that is just social media mastery and making Tesla seem cool to lots of people with lots of disposable income.

So it looks like April was the month when Shanghai overtook Fremont to become Tesla's largest vehicle production site. I am guessing this will probably remain the case even when the S/X lines resume production in Fremont.

This is a huge achievement by Tesla. Let's hope that in Q1 23 we are discussing either Berlin or Texas becoming Tesla's largest production site. :)

I mean, SpaceX seems to be accepting dogecoin for moon missions. I don't really know what to think about why they're doing it. But I judge companies and people based on their accomplishments. And for both Tesla and SpaceX, the seriousness of their accomplishments can't be ignored, no matter what kind of payment they're accepting.
Like I said, he can create a separate company or a not public traded company for his crypto mission. Tesla's mission statement never included "and to satirize world currencies, to show people how dumb what you considered as real money is".

I just bought a boat so if that hurts me there then I'm gonna be pissed if my TSLA doesn't gain.

Yup totally an estimate and Troy isn't 100% accurate. If you take that 2+k and add with a 2 week Y shutdown (6k). You have a number somewhere between 8-9k, which would line up directly with the drop. That is making assumptions on a few things being true, which we don't know yet.
All this back and forth. Just look for consistancies.

Have China ever reported "sold numbers" that included exports before? If the answer is no, then why are we having this discussion?

Today is the first time I heard about a 2 week shutdown of the MIC Y production line. What is the source of this information? It's strange that none of the news outlets and twitter accounts many of us follow here mentioned it up until now. It's not just some neglible interruption.

Why would such a new factory need to be shut down for two weeks?

• Helpful
Reactions: Carl Raymond
5 easy (!) steps to avoid FUD and revolutionize news (A half-jokingly, half serious thought experiment)
  • All journalists have to stake a not insignificant amount of money (crypto) in their reputation
  • All media companies ditto
  • A network of Oracles determine what is termed definitive truth based on multiples sources achieving quorom (this may actually be the hardest part)
  • All consumers of news pay according to truth - and receive compensation for false reporting!
  • Above is implemented using smart contracts in Ethereum (or other blockchain platforms supporting smart contracts)
Benefits:
  • Actual, well-researched and factual reporting could, once again, become a viable business. Who would have thunk!
  • Bad actors are punished, not only by loss of income, but by having to fork over some stake to the readers they mislead/cheated.
  • Bad actors could persist in polluting the market for ideas and concepts, but they would have to stake a fair amount of money (crypto) in order to be taken seriously as news source . Also the open nature of smart contracts and oracle network would make it easy to extract credibility scores from any company claiming to deliver news.
Bad actors could continues to offer 'news' without stake but... that would just be ignored or classified as 'un-backed' news or 'un-staked' news, which, clearly announces to any and all that the nature of that source is not willing to actually trust their own words with money.
Backed by nothing their news is thus worth nothing.

Off course, since it is a thought experiment, all the annoying details of changing the legislation to enforce above is glossed over, nay ignored. The scenario assumed is that someone will start a news service staking real money (as crypto) as a bond on their credibility. That service will hopefully become wildly successful, forcing most other news agencies to follow suit.

This video is a good primer on smart contracts and oracle networks.

TL;DR: The old saying "My word is my bond" could become real - even for news!

Last edited:
If that is how they are reporting, that would make sense and people (including myself) are interpreting the numbers wrong. That will be cleared up within a day or so.

I'm not trying to be harsh, but I'm quite annoyed at this point that so many, including such public tesla bull figures as Vincent, suddenly change their numbers, label the China data as confusing, and have no explanation as to why production would have dropped. I mean....someone already posted the actual data from China....just turn on Google translate and read it people. It's presented the exact same way it normally has and clearly states a China sales and exports as two completely different numbers. As someone pointed out, it's pretty bizarre that people are suddenly suggesting China is presenting it's data differently from what is has been doing for over a year now just to back up Vincent.

Someone pointed out there was still a 2k drop from Dec to Jan which to me is not material....that's a couple days of production. A drop from 35k production in March to 25k is material and there's no actual reason based on data for that 10k drop in production......especially when a product is early in it's ramp phase. This "rumor" that the Y line was down for 2 weeks doesn't do much to explain that 10k drop in production. Jan had 1k of Y production. March had 10k. Let's say the lines were down 2 weeks, that's still 6k of production when considering continued expansion of the Y line plus there's 4 and a half weeks in April.