Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.... which crypto is the best combination of cleanest and most widely used?
DOGE of course.

doge.jpg

That's a pretty power move right there by Elon.

"According to the Cambridge Center for Alternative Finance (CCAF), Bitcoin currently consumes around 110 Terawatt Hours per year — 0.55% of global electricity production, or roughly equivalent to the annual energy draw of small countries like Malaysia or Sweden."

What a great day for someone with diamond hands! Huge after-hours sale on chairs and Tesla dumping BTC! I think crypto has a place in the future but for now its is just a pyramid scheme that waste tons of resources.

Would I like to see the $TSLA @ $1,000+? Of course! (90% of my portfolio), but we'll get there soon enough in the near future (2022-2023).

Yeah problem with "looking for currency that uses 1% of btc" is that whatever you pick will be massively mined as a result.

This is off topic, but I feel like we may discover in 1 year that its not. If Tesla divests from Bitcoin now and invests or develops a more efficient crypto it may very well become on topic. For the time being proof of stake - rather than the much more computationally expensive proof of work - cryptos that were developed by peer reviewed research like Cardano rather than launched by individuals like bitcoin and etherium make sense to me. But to me this seems like it may indicate Tesla may have devoted some of its considerable brainpower to pioneering something on their own, which would be exciting.

So pardon my ignorance on this topic, but isn't Etherium moving to proof of stake? Wouldn't that lower the energy usage and make it cheaper and faster all around?

Yah I can see Tesla moving to Ethereum as they're transitioning to POS. Maybe Tesla waits until Eth 2.0.

And notice Tesla never said anything about halting the purchase of bitcoin, just the use of it for transactions.

I can see Tesla buying more Bitcoin from dedicated renewable energy miners.

Yeah problem with "looking for currency that uses 1% of btc" is that whatever you pick will be massively mined as a result.
There's been too much work Tesla has done behind the scenes to just leave the crypto space. Karpathy has been spending some time in this as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they launch their own sometime down the line, it's not like they lack decentralized sources of energy and computing power 😜