Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As usual, people are panic selling. Elon said they're NOT selling their bitcoin, and accepting bitcoin for transactions is SUSPENDED until mining is done with renewable energy.

This is more like ringing the dinner bell for renewable bitcoin miners. I expect that Tesla themselves will create a solar powered bitcoin mining datacenter somewhere in the SW, and kick all the dirty coal powered mines to the curb (can't compete on prices).

It's not Elon's style to look at a problem, throw his hands in the heir, and walk away. No, our boy's got a plan to fix bitcoin forever, not to leave it be as a large emitter of carbon from grid electricity.

Baby, ur gettin' a bath!

Cheers!

Solar is trending towards the right price:- More solar price falls will lead to “insanely cheap” electricity by 2023
“We’re about 20 cents a watt in US dollars, … but the momentum is still going so I think we’re going to continue on this type of trajectory. So, at the cost reduction rates they’re 20-24 per cent a year. It takes about three years for the cost to halve. So I’m fully expecting that by about 2023 we should be at 10 cents a Watt for one module from a projection like this.

One consideration with Solar is, seasonal variation, there is more electricity produced in summer. What we are looking for is a crypto with higher creation costs but lower transaction costs... If we can create crypto mostly in summer with excess solar production, that is low cost in every way.

It is possible that Tesla demand is ever so slightly soft in China right now after all the recent negative press.

For new orders on Tesla China website:
Model 3: 2-4 week delivery
Model Y: 3-5 week delivery

It appears China Q2 is not sold out like the US production reportedly is.

So "slightly soft" demand for an automaker is when the waiting list is only 2-5 weeks long?

OK, got it. :)

If we can create crypto mostly in summer with excess solar production, that is low cost in every way.
Well there is that. But also with crypto we have the crime problem being escalated and solar will not help that. Natasha Bertram is reporting that the Colonial Pipeline ransom was in Bitcoin. So even moderating the energy problem does not resolve the social impact of these "low friction" currencies expanding crime on a large scale IMO.

Yeah problem with "looking for currency that uses 1% of btc" is that whatever you pick will be massively mined as a result.
No, please look at IOTA - there's no miners. With the recent Chrysalis update, it's scalable, fast, and feeless. By the end of the year, it'll be the first to solve the Trilemma: Decentralization, Scalability, and Security.

Here you can see how fast the transactions are - this is PRODUCTION: IOTA Tangle Explorer

No, please look at IOTA - there's no miners. With the recent Chrysalis update, it's scalable, fast, and feeless. By the end of the year, it'll be the first to solve the Trilemma: Decentralization, Scalability, and Security.

Here you can see how fast the transactions are - this is PRODUCTION: IOTA Tangle Explorer
The solution to a truly energy-free almost free transactions crypto is NANO.
The market currently agrees.
Check out the prices. Everything is dumping except NANO which is up 20 percent.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maitri982

Here's something to ponder: Tesla is building a factory in Berlin. IOTA-foundation is a non-profit organization and is based in Berlin. IOTA is feeless, fast, and scalable. Only issue from the trilemma not solved is Decentralization, which will be solved in the testnet in a few weeks, and deploy to production later this year.

So what is the chance that Tesla does not know about IOTA?

I invest in IOTA like I invest in Tesla (since 2012) - based on the tech. A question for you with regards to NANO - What of the 3 issues of the trilemma (Decentralization, Security, & Scalability) have they solved? and for the issues not solved, is there any solutions to get it solved?

• Informative
Reactions: traxila
Here's something to ponder: Tesla is building a factory in Berlin. IOTA-foundation is a non-profit organization and is based in Berlin. IOTA is feeless, fast, and scalable. Only issue from the trilemma not solved is Decentralization, which will be solved in the testnet in a few weeks, and deploy to production later this year.

So what is the chance that Tesla does not know about IOTA?

What were the chances Elon didn't already know BTC was horrible on environmental/electric consumption grounds months ago- yet here we are.

Do we know if the new gpu is Nvidia or AMD in the Plaid S? If Nvidia it *could* be useful for mining. Or even if AMD, I wouldn't put it past Elon to make crypto that could be mined using the GPU. While I expect it could be done, it would not be trivial.

NANO

This is turning into a crypto thread and we will get the mods angry and start to delete posts, which they definitely should to maintain order here.

But, don’t look at a movement in a crypto token with ~billion market cap, that is controlled by whales and a good marketing strategy. They control the narrative, they know people will say exactly what you said if they see it pamping now, when everything is damping. Just look at the tech, that’s what’s important. Always.

Do we know if the new gpu is Nvidia or AMD in the Plaid S? If Nvidia it *could* be useful for mining. Or even if AMD, I wouldn't put it past Elon to make crypto that could be mined using the GPU. While I expect it could be done, it would not be trivial.
Mining (at least for Bitcoin) could stop today. There are enough already but with no central authority there is a form of chaos and no one can stop it as I understand it. Blockchain ledger maintenance may be another energy issue however.

This way to the crypto discussion. It does not belong on this tread.

What were the chances Elon didn't already know BTC was horrible on environmental/electric consumption grounds months ago- yet here we are.
Although Elon is the voice, it was likely Zach as CFO who has a lot of involvement. It seems that some local computer was being used to be able to transact in Btc so perhaps that revealed some usage cost data as well.

• Funny
Reactions: Criscmt and Paul_SF