Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty dramatic capping/spoofing as TSLA approaches certain round numbers thus far today (targets have been $586 a bit earlier and now $584). The sell orders that have been put in and pulled have been either 1,500 or 2,000 shares. The sell orders are sometimes exactly at the round numbers, other times just below. Macros not helping right now either.

People who think the Economy is headed for trouble are nuts. Try making a large purchase and then tell me we aren't on the verge of a huge boom. I would be surprised if the Tesla order backlog doesn't steadily increase all year.

Also - Dear Ford, I don't need your truck thanks.
unnamed (10).jpg

Pretty dramatic capping/spoofing as TSLA approaches certain round numbers thus far today (targets have been $586 a bit earlier and now $584). The sell orders that have been put in and pulled have been either 1,500 or 2,000 shares. The sell orders are sometimes exactly at the round numbers, other times just below. Macros not helping right now either.
We're not going to break through MMs manipulations with these mediocre volumes. My guess is SP flounders until potentially running up to and past the refresh S delivery event.

Today is a monthly options expiration day, thus implying more options interest than an ordinary Friday, but less than a quarterly (Triple Witching) expiration. A cursory survey indicates that $590 might be the most profitable target for big options writers with the ability to manipulate the share price. This nearly coincides with the current 200-day SMA (simple moving average) of $591.

People who think the Economy is headed for trouble are nuts. Try making a large purchase and then tell me we aren't on the verge of a huge boom. I would be surprised if the Tesla order backlog doesn't steadily increase all year.

Also - Dear Ford, I don't need your truck thanks. View attachment 664648
Nice, but I think you’ll have to wait until the Cybertruck gets delivered to haul that boat trailer in the back 😀

Front or rear?
I thought Texas only had one press going and it was only the front (per announcement photo last week). I also though Fremont only had the rear. Asking because I don’t know. Seems there would be a good reason to 1. add a tent to Fremont 2. start pileing up rear castings 3. start pileing up front castings and shipping them off from Texas.

• Informative
Reactions: UkNorthampton
The demand will not level off for a decade, probably more.

I’m just thinking how Tesla can make everything seamless, from ordering to monthly payments straight from your Tesla account. Insurance also.

It’s not only about the demand, it’s also about all that cash that will keep pilling in Tesla coffers. But probably Master of Coin already has the plans done for this.

Thanks for the replies!
I also agree that additional lending could be a good idea to streamline the product offering. I'd prefer for them to just remain a finance company at the moment though as banks have a heavy regulatory overhead which would be another distraction for Elon. The only downside of not becoming a bank (as opposed to finance company) is that they can't take deposits, but Tesla has plenty of cash and there's plenty of investor appetite for tesla bonds/securitisations.

There is a lot of engineering talent in the English Midlands being wasted on F1. F1 is a dead-end business just like the rest of the petroleum business. I expect it to die suddenly as ICE makers pull their support for racing because they need the money for core business in an effort to survive. Smart engineers in F1 should be looking for new opportunities now. If Tesla builds a factory that allows those engineers to earn a great living while doing rewarding and challenging work without relocating it should be appealing to them.

Last edited:

Also - Dear Ford, I don't need your truck thanks. View attachment 664648
Your solution has a longer bed too.

We're not going to break through MMs manipulations with these mediocre volumes. My guess is SP flounders until potentially running up to and past the refresh S delivery event.

A delivery event for a car that is ~5 months late and which the CEO said on an Earnings Call was "in production" in January is worthy of a stock price catalyst?

"Tesla China invited owners to visit the new Supercharger station. Based on some pictures shared by the Tesla Supercharger team, there was an event to celebrate the installation of Giga Shanghai’s V3 Superchargers on 520 day. It seems like some attendees received gifts at the event, along with some delectable sweet treats.​
"The Tesla Supercharger team has been hard at work installing Superchargers stalls and building stations throughout China. Last month, the team brought the Tesla Supercharger Network to the base camp of Mount Everest."​