Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hate to say i can see in the future, but i said this yesterday:

1625236959297.png

For the June quarter, Tesla delivered 201k vehicles, in line with consensus estimates and a record for the company. Most importantly, this equates to 122% y/y growth, up from 109% in March and 61% in December. In June, the overall auto industry is going to grow around 55%.

850K for 2021 would mean around ~ 231K for Q3, Q4

My imagination goes to 240k for Q3 and 305k for Q4.

Q3 will bring S to 20k adding 18k. Call it a flat 220. We now have a SR+ Y for Q3 at least in Hong Kong which probably signals China too. Less batteries needed and we know they are adding another line. Call it 20k for 240k.

Q4 should add X to the mix and hopefully bring their combined to a 25k rate. Austin and Berlin get going to add 40k combined. US introduces SR+ Y as Austin soaks up some LR (or LR+), less batteries and switch in chemistries add in another 20k. 305k.

Both might be too high for S/X by 5k each. Big piece will be Berlin and Austin. If they can each produce 20k in Q4, 300k is within reach.

Don't forget RHD model Y. People in the UK are waiting for this, myself included. Not sure if they manage it in Q4 or not, but there is pent up demand for it.

Embarrassingly naive fantasy-based take. This reduces the credibility of everything you post.
First question from a lawyer:
Were you injured?
A: No.
Lawyer: Click.
Call back: But but but, my car caught on fire.
Lawyer: Did you have insurance?
A: Yes
Lawyer: Call them. Click.
Why would lawyer(s) take this no injury case for a $130k car that insurance should replace. Tesla is not known for settlements.

Last edited:
I am computing GAAP earnings without Reg Credits and Bitcoin Impairment of $420m.
If I include the Bitcoin charge, I have $325m without Reg Credits.
Will post more shortly.

You had better check your numbers. Probably find a major mistake.

Everyone knows Tesla loses money on every car they sell and are not profitable without their primary business of selling emissions credits. :rolleyes:

/s

Were you injured?
A: No?
Why would lawyer(s) take this no injury case for a $130k car that insurance should replace. Tesla is not known for settlements.
Especially when the Tesla warranty covers damage from a battery fire. (Even if it is the result of a driver error.) So their insurance likely wouldn't even need to pay for it.

Were you injured?
A: No?

Do you have any idea how much lasting emotional trauma is created when you see smoke coming out the rear of your car (especially if it's a Tesla, cars that are famous for bursting into a fireball on moments notice)? Especially when you have forgotten how to open the door? Just terrifying. 🙄

Do you have any idea how much lasting emotional trauma is created when you see smoke coming out the rear of your car (especially if it's a Tesla, cars that are famous for bursting into a fireball on moments notice)? Especially when you have forgotten how to open the door? Just terrifying. 🙄
Plot twist, “executive” is Gordon’s dad.

This was free money after the implications of 1Q P&D with market cap at $695B.

Another verification of trajectory for 2Q P&D......marketcap sits at $652B.

Outside of any MAJOR macro disruption, we are just coiling the spring yet again. Do these people realize you can't have a 100% annual growth company with a P/E of 100? That's literally insanity.....and we're a stone cold lock to be there in what, 9-16 months?