Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original PR here:

Cleantechnica article here:

30 mins ago — SunHouse at Easton Park. This is the first Tesla Solar neighborhood and will be the nation’s most sustainable residential community, according to the companies. Tesla’s v3 solar roof tiles and Powerwall 2 battery storage system will be installed in phases at homes in the SunHouse community that will be developed on land in Brookfield Residential’s Easton Park. The first phase of installation started last month with a sampling of homes under construction.​

Craig Robins, CEO of Dacra (a commercial and residential community developer):

“Our goal is to establish that fully-sustainable neighborhoods are not only viable, but the best practical and economical choice. Together with Brookfield and Tesla, we are trying to change the world by creating technology-driven, energy independent communities that make the world a better place.”​

Cheers!
Loved seeing this today. Tesla and Brookfield are my two biggest holdings by a pretty good amount.

Rob from TeslaDaily has the most credible explanation, Model Y production is lifting and to have enough cells for all the car bodies they need the LFP SR Y.

The availability of that SR Y in China, will reduce demand for the high priced variants in China. So they are shipped to Europe selling at higher prices and possibly higher margins, helping to maintain European demand, and seed future demand.

Bottom line is that the move is based on higher production volumes, and a realistic assessment of Chinese demand once a lower priced option is available.

Those LFP SR Ys are not shipping to Europe because Tesla thinks they can sell all of them in China and nearby markets and because shipping cost is a higher percentage of a lower priced car.

I want a Tri-motor Cybertrick with an LFP pack (thanks for asking).

I don't want it cheaper; just want a bigger bty pack for the same price. I'll take the hit from the existing 3,500 lb payload. How about 350 KWhrs?

Ooh, and a roll-on/roll-off solar magik carpet for overlanding trips away from the SC network ('bout 50m long oughta do it).

Anything else? Maybe a Tesla Sunhouse at Easton Park? ;)

Cheers!

My projections show Tesla to be producing 4% of the global auto market by the end of 2023.

Does that match up with what you guys are seeing?
Nope, who is gonna buy the other 96%? Remember, 50% of folk have above average intelligence.
This comment started as a joke but is making more and more sense...
People are moving away from ICE. People are not buying second rate ID4s. The only logical conclusion is that waiting lists for Teslas will increase and others will put off purchases for the inevitable Tesla killer... This is the first quarter where Tesla have sold out from the start - it is happening.
One thing missed by most, Tesla applying for permits to build Berlin battery cell factory. They took a long time to file, because the production line wasn't validated yet, now it is, if not they would have to re-file and start over again. German inspectors will not let Teala make changes without resubmitting blueprints. Yield rate is the only mystery as of now.
Are you saying that Berlin are producing production ready cells?
Order of production priority, if based on most favourable environmental impact should be:
1st.: Semi (used 50% of time (trucking), offset extremely high CO2 emissions)
2nd.: Cybertruck (used 30% of time (business), offset high CO2 emissions)
3rd.: Model 3/Y (used 10% of time (to/from work), offset low CO2 emissions)
4th.: Model S/X (used 10% of time (to/from work), offset medium CO2 emissions)
5th.: Model 2 (used 10% of time (to/from work), offset very low CO2 emissions)
6th.: Roadster2 (used 2% of time (pleasure), offset high CO2 emissions)

The Model 2 will replace cars such as the Toyota Yaris and Honda Fit. Yes, from a production standpoint (batteries) you can produce more Model 2 product than S/X for example, however these smaller car form factors are far more efficient and give off far less CO2 emissions than their larger counterparts, or those used for industry/business (i.e. Semi and Cybertruck).

View attachment 683088
The day these beasts get taken off the roads could not come soon enough. Tesla to the rescue!
You forget robotaxi usage. M2 and a purpose built robotaxi will overwhelm the CO2 benefits of all previous models by more than an order of magnitude.
Tesla Network / Robotaxi Business Model
The journey to robotaxi starts in 15 mins.

I wish Tesla would just close the Fremont factory entirely after Giga Austin and the next North American Giga after Austin are built. There's no reason to stay there and provide jobs for people like this. They straight up don't deserve it. California is on fire every summer anyways now, it's only going to get worse as the climate change really kicks in which is ironic for this guy. I hope he enjoys his unbreathable air every year after the one company on Earth actively trying to save us from it departs from the Bay Area.

there is no reason to operate a profitable factory when you are demand constraints?

you must be some sort of business genius

Hey all, I understand everyone is eagerly waiting for FSD v9, but I was wondering if anyone has an idea for announcement of the earnings date? Has it been announced during a weekend before? Wondering if there is a chance it might get pushed to August? I have few vertical spreads for late July that I might have to roll. Thank you in advance

Installed!
UI the same.
They have smoothed out the dots.
1625902580543.png