Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know Tesla is banking on "no HD maps, car should act upon what it sees" but IMHO this is unnecessarily restrictive. It also is not like we humans drive ... we mostly drive on roads we know and drive daily so we also use our memory.
Car(s) should remember what it saw happened at certain coordinates and use that memory to its advantage.
Not to drive more blindly but safer ... "yesterday my actions caused emergency braking at this corner, today I'll go slower"

Tesla DOES use maps, in pretty much the way you describe (although individual cars do not learn independently, nor would we want them to).

What it doesn't do is rely on HD maps for precise driving scripts like Waymo.

you confuse "hd-maps" which tesla opposes with "maps" that tesla uses.

HD-maps mean that you have a map correct to a cm-precision. So you can use i.e. LIDAR to calculate if you are in lane.
Maps is just "yeah .. this street. and better drive not above X" & the car handles the rest.
Yeah, map input (hints? "map-memory"?), would seem to be analogous to the human-memory situation.

It will be interesting to see if Tesla ultimately uses shadow-mode type triggers to generate fleet-wide map-memory, or if eventually a car could build a local database of hints to use for situations it's previously encountered.

It certainly seems to be for the "death cross" of the 50 and 200 MA.

That, or, TSLA SP died and is now ascending to the heavens. :cool:
what i like better:
Death-Cross was defeated as Price closed above the DC.
But having the 50 below the 200 MA sets us up for a golden cross that we "just" have to confirm by closing above ... ;)

Steinbach, however, noted that he considers a final veto from the Environmental Agency to be practically impossible. “This is not about the approval of a new nuclear power plant,” he said.​

The laufs keep on coming in Eastern Europe... :p

Cheers!

Steinbach, however, noted that he considers a final veto from the Environmental Agency to be practically impossible. “This is not about the approval of a new nuclear power plant,” he said.​

The laufs keep on coming in Eastern Europe... :p

Cheers!
Oh, no! Germany is most definitely Western or at most Central Europe. In Eastern Europe it would have been enough to buy a few politicians and the permits would have been issued on day 1. Amateurs! 😜

Last edited:
I was jelly and wanting ”the button” myself….not anymore.
"Anymore" is forever. Anyless is even better.

Either you were overly optimistic, something spooked you real bad, or sour grapes bc you don't have beta yet. I mean, who doesn't want FSD (that has been on this forum a while and can distinguish facts from fantasy)?

Myself, I could see maybe not wanting it for general public quite yet, (those Galil pillars were a bit unusual), but I have never, ever stopped wanting it personally. And if nothing else but to better understand my investment. No comprende. I think you'll be back in a week or so wanting it again.

James Stephenson is knocking it out of the park this afternoon with another very informative series of TSLA charts and tables. Please follow the link - he has already posted 19 tweets in this thread and I don’t think he is finished yet:

Keeping track of non-GAAP EPS estimates:

$1.07 - James Stephenson
$1.06 - my number
$1.02 - Gary Black - I adjusted his $1.10 to include Bitcoin charge
$0.96 - Wall Street - I believe Wall Street does not include Bitcoin Charge and thus would be about $0.88 with the charge.

Notes:
- Waiting on Rob Mauer
- Gary Black states Wall Street is at $0.94 but I see $0.96 on Yahoo.

If this situation is not detectable by human drivers (i.e.- "you have to know about it"), then the bar should be the same for FSD, no? The situation should be remedied in some way (signage, etc...)

That having been said, it will be interesting to see how FSD deals with some blind spots that have been remedied with convex mirrors on the opposing corner...
I must confess the bridges are fascinating In even more ways.

Many of these bridges are built high to avoid being washed out. The approach is intended to be low to accommodate high water events by allowing bypassing of flood waters. Raising the approach would fix visibility issues but would also amplify the damming up effect making the entire bridge a washout possibility. Best solution a much larger expensive bridge. Second best a 5 mph speed limit.☹️