Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It ran up even more....oh wait...which period earnings are you talking about? :p

Q2/2019, but really Q3/2019, was the start of magical pre-earnings momentum moments for me.

From there, in 2020, there was take-off in Q1/2020, brief respite due to COVID in Q2/2020, but rocketship status after that until Q4/2020.

Edit: Interestingly enough, there's been 10-20% run-ups in the share price before earnings in Q4/2020 and Q1/2021 and then massive sell-offs back to the $600 level.

max pain shows at 650 .. so MM might be back
Hoping to see a earnings release date by Wed ... that would fire this thing up
yes - but half of the 700-calls seem to be covered by puts.
600 is a hard floor. But i doubt that we land there.

With all the pressure i would bet on 700 instead of 650 for friday... Especially since there are already 55k 700 calls traded today & i guess many of them opened anew ..

Tesla Model Y Sees Massive Wave of New Orders in China After Standard Range Version Introduced

Tesla Model Y has received massive new orders in China following the introduction of the cheaper Standard Range version. The use of lithium iron phosphate batteries allowed Tesla to significantly reduce the price of the vehicle.

"The biggest impact of Tesla on rivals and the biggest contribution to consumers is to gradually break the pricing advantage of luxury brands. For BBA (Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi), the pressure on their main products will be very high in the future after they lose their price advantage," the report quoted experts as saying.

Keeping track of non-GAAP EPS estimates:

$1.07 - James Stephenson
$1.06 - my number
$1.02 - Gary Black - I adjusted his $1.10 to include Bitcoin charge
$0.96 - Wall Street - I believe Wall Street does not include Bitcoin Charge and thus would be about $0.88 with the charge.

Notes:
- Waiting on Rob Mauer
- Gary Black states Wall Street is at $0.94 but I see $0.96 on Yahoo.
I will not tolerate being out by pennies!!

Like who didn’t profit off that? I know I loved seeing my SCTY shares change to TSLA shares. Lots of people here made ‘free’ money on that merger.
Which is why $TSLAQ has brought this court case, masquerading as shareholders. No real shareholder would be bringing this action.

Like when the buy price was set we did the math here and the whole forum knew instantly how to profit.
Indeed, there was a point where the arbitrage was set and one could get some $TSLA for free, the only risk being that the shareholder vote went against it. I didn't bite myself, but regretted it afterwards

What is certain is that $SCTY was heavily shorted and Tesla buying them out burnt a lot of shorts - as I understand it, much of $TSLAQ is made up of Solar City short-sellers

The FSD development team seems to have nailed it with their vector-space vision approach:

I predict as the team becomes more confident in results from the field, they will remove certain conservative settings 'nerfing' the way FSD Beta 9 drives, which will make it more human-like in the way it interacts with traffic, and thus fitting in better overall.

Keep 'em comin' Andrei, good job so far!

Cheers!

The most satisfying - and one of the absolutely most lucrative in light of the sheer numbers - TSLA trade I yet have made was waiting until the last few hours before the proxy takeover vote on Sept 16, 2016, to pick up an ungodly amount of SCTY at very, very close to the low print.

I think it was at $14.10/sh for SCTY, as I see my cost basis for the TSLA shares they became is $31.026, adjusted pre-split that was $155.13….and it was an 11:1 conversion, was it not?

No comprende. I think you'll be back in a week or so wanting it again.
Probably. The cement columns, driving (scraping) against overgrown shrubbery, and the car’s willingness to drive in non lanes all spooked me, honestly. It really comes down to how much vigilance you must have to drive with it safely…. I think it becomes challenging for Tesla as FSD gets better for 95% of driving, but still makes dangerous mistakes for the 5%….as that ratio creeps to 96/4…97/3….staying fully engaged and fully vigilant becomes increasingly more difficult as drivers naturally become more complacent.