Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not getting to me and I didn’t buy because nobody claimed a demand problem today.

Plus, I really don’t need anymore shares. It’d be like buying another pair of shoes when I already had hundreds of pairs for just two feet. Even if I wore a pair on my hands, I’d have a crap bunch of shoes sitting around doing nothing.
Demand problem is everyday so that is a bad excuse!

dumb question.... what is a "chair"? I've seen it referenced multiple times... is a series of short-term calls?

it's slang for "share" based on an old tweet where Elon said "chairs are underappreciated"

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.01.10 PM.png

It’s not getting to me and I didn’t buy because nobody claimed a demand problem today.

Plus, I really don’t need anymore shares. It’d be like buying another pair of shoes when I already had hundreds of pairs for just two feet. Even if I wore a pair on my hands, I’d have a crap bunch of shoes sitting around doing nothing.
I would’ve been buying this dip; but we were recently trading the 5**’s and I was selling body parts to load up…so, since im not selling any of my chairs; and I have no dry sugar left, I have to sit tight.

I imagine others are in the same boat.

Probably already posted but if not-

Tesla (TSLA) Chief Executive Elon Musk says his company has a backlog of 80,000 orders, valued at more than $500 million (U.S.), for its Powerwall home solar-energy-storage system.

But Musk also said Tesla can produce only 30,000 to 35,000 Powerwalls this quarter. The company says it can’t ramp up production to meet demand due to the global chip shortage

Busted, cats don't have hands!!!

Didn’t see this shared here yet, or maybe I missed it:
Tesla removed Model 3 LR from Chinese configurator. Now only SR+ and P available for Model 3

My interpretation is they are driving those packs to Model Y LR, probably the attention drawn by Model Y SR lifted LR orders too, and I’m pretty sure Model Y has better margin than Model 3.

Those who insist sedans over SUVs would have a better excuse to get the P now.

Attachments

• E47A39F0-2C0A-4298-B313-80BCF0F251B3.png
    E47A39F0-2C0A-4298-B313-80BCF0F251B3.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 47
I personally still like the smell of outboard fuel burning only because of my boating history. For most, the best memories happen around our cars - so yup it's real and smell memory is very lasting for humans. Similar story with the engine sound, as crazy as that sounds. I've been told that's a problem from some of my friends who are reluctant to try EVs.
I understand completely. There's nothing quite like the sound and feel of a built big block 67 Chevelle while cruising or, later in life, the snarl from a mostly "street legal" 911 going through the corners.

Cars and the freedom that they brought were a big deal when I was growing up. Learning how things worked under the hood and in the backseat (if you were lucky ;) ) continued to be useful later in life.

I think it's been theorized (based on the voltage specified on the pack label), that the new Plaid pack is actually something like 106S (rather than 96S), I had assumed that implied more overall cells, nut a reduction of the number of parallel cells in a group... which would lead to an overall greater capacity pack.

Do we know if that's the case or not?

The information we have says that the new Plaid pack has a few less kWhs of energy storage and that it is 110S. So that pretty much means that it has fewer cells.
I seem to remember the old pack was around 104 and the new is around 100kWh.

Well, I couldn't scrounge fast enough to get a chair during today's sale. Though, Tesla finally responded to my inquiry about what was preventing my being able to purchase things on their site. They made some adjustment on their end and asked me to give it a try.

Naturally, the Decanter I originally wanted was long gone, and, the Owl Cybertruck T-shirt was out of stock too. Naturally, the only remaining option was to do what any red-blooded 'merican redneck Texan would do and make a Dual-motor Cybertruck reservation instead. I mean, I HAD to test the system, right?

The response indicated how I should be able to pick it up later this year ...

Knowing that I'm a million or so back in the CT line I'm perfectly fine waiting a year or three to take delivery. By then I hope I'll have enough SP growth to cover it without inconveniencing other financial plans.

Does this make me almost a full-fledged cult member?

Is like hearing MOZART ON THE BANJO. :cool:

I would’ve been buying this dip; but we were recently trading the 5**’s and I was selling body parts to load up…so, since im not selling any of my chairs; and I have no dry sugar left, I have to sit tight.

I imagine others are in the same boat.
Who needs body parts when you can have chair parts.

Reactions: saniflash
Well, I couldn't scrounge fast enough to get a chair during today's sale. Though, Tesla finally responded to my inquiry about what was preventing my being able to purchase things on their site. They made some adjustment on their end and asked me to give it a try.

Naturally, the Decanter I originally wanted was long gone, and, the Owl Cybertruck T-shirt was out of stock too. Naturally, the only remaining option was to do what any red-blooded 'merican redneck Texan would do and make a Dual-motor Cybertruck reservation instead. I mean, I HAD to test the system, right?

The response indicated how I should be able to pick it up later this year ...

Knowing that I'm a million or so back in the CT line I'm perfectly fine waiting a year or three to take delivery. By then I hope I'll have enough SP growth to cover it without inconveniencing other financial plans.

Does this make me almost a full-fledged cult member?
Don't ever, ever go full-fledged man.....(Tropic Thunder reference).....Im waiting my dual-motor CT as well....who knows when? Hopefully sometime in 2022.

• Funny
Reactions: JustMe and 2daMoon