Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm talking about smart money.......who have a lot of money/buying power. The big boys on Wall St have definitely been able to do some of the same math we do here when it comes to earnings and know what is coming not just for Q2, but Q3 and Q4 and all of 2022......I have a very hard time believing they're ok with waiting until the stock rallies to start their buying.

We're not just seeing low volume today, we're seeing some of the lowest volume in an extremely long time....just 3 days before earnings. I've stated this theory before, but I believe smart money/big boys on Wall St are buying up calls for the 2nd half of 2021 and 2022, which have been de-valued greatly, in an expected rally due to Tesla's 2nd half 2021 growth and of course 2022 growth.....but this strategy is most effective the longer the share price stagnates and those call options de value even more. So if i put my conspiracy theory cap on........there's a lot of collusion behind the curtains to not buy actual shares for as long as possible to collect more and more calls at greater and greater discounts.
Well Nancy Pelosi bought a lot of call awhile back

"The options were bought at a stake price of $500 and expiration of March 18, 2022. Pelosi paid between $500,000 and $1,000,000 for the options, according to the disclosure."

Well Nancy Pelosi bought a lot of call awhile back

"The options were bought at a stake price of $500 and expiration of March 18, 2022. Pelosi paid between $500,000 and $1,000,000 for the options, according to the disclosure."

I'm talking about smart money.......who have a lot of money/buying power. The big boys on Wall St have definitely been able to do some of the same math we do here when it comes to earnings and know what is coming not just for Q2, but Q3 and Q4 and all of 2022......I have a very hard time believing they're ok with waiting until the stock rallies to start their buying.

We're not just seeing low volume today, we're seeing some of the lowest volume in an extremely long time....just 3 days before earnings. I've stated this theory before, but I believe smart money/big boys on Wall St are buying up calls for the 2nd half of 2021 and 2022, which have been de-valued greatly, in an expected rally due to Tesla's 2nd half 2021 growth and of course 2022 growth.....but this strategy is most effective the longer the share price stagnates and those call options de value even more. So if i put my conspiracy theory cap on........there's a lot of collusion behind the curtains to not buy actual shares for as long as possible to collect more and more calls at greater and greater discounts.

Good, everyone needs to be all-in on this the way societies are going, IMO. I don't think it's going to matter what your background is. Personally, think it's going to come down to spreading truth and preparing everyone to make good decisions...to, inevitably, make consistently good decisions and save as many lives as possible continuously as the events hit. Let's out innovate this problem together. The war isn't between ourselves anymore.

I wonder who is holding the whistle and what it sounds like. If you're correct, the buy trigger could be a number, a date, a feature (FSD)... the Earnings!

Not a coincidence on today's Mobileye news in NYC. I'm guessing the goal of this timing was to show that Tesla is not the only one with FSD and Tesla is late to the punch. But this also works for Tesla with the acceptance part. It's the next battlefield in the quest for true TSLA valuation.

Let's just say my theory is correct (which is just my guess for the very low volume), I would wager it's very much related to the Biden Infrastructure plan. Let's face it......Wall St and Congress are pretty much tied to the hip. All the big boys on Wall St will know the second Manchin and the other moderate Dem agree to the 3 trillion reconciliation terms....days if not a week or two before anyone else or anything is reported in the news.....and thus they'll be able to buy in big volume before anything is announced. They've known every step of the process/negotiations since March.

I'm still hoping a stock split happens before the Biden Infrastructure plan does get passed so that their hand is forced. Even i the Biden plan gets delayed and a stock split doesn't happen during Q3, I still think Q3 P/D and earnings will force their hand to start the buying process.

I hope Tesla makes a straight truck (26' Box) as well as a smaller box truck(14') where they can sell the box as well as a packaged deal.
They could, but even as a 2 motor it is built around a class 8 truck, so unless they re-engineer it all, it will be over engineered which means heavier and more costly. That could work as a 26' box, class 6 truck. A 14' box truck should be a completely different vehicle, even if it shares the same design language.

Reactions: Big Time
Let's just say my theory is correct (which is just my guess for the very low volume), I would wager it's very much related to the Biden Infrastructure plan. Let's face it......Wall St and Congress are pretty much tied to the hip. All the big boys on Wall St will know the second Manchin and the other moderate Dem agree to the 3 trillion reconciliation terms....days if not a week or two before anyone else or anything is reported in the news.....and thus they'll be able to buy in big volume before anything is announced. They've known every step of the process/negotiations since March.

I'm still hoping a stock split happens before the Biden Infrastructure plan does get passed so that their hand is forced. Even i the Biden plan gets delayed and a stock split doesn't happen during Q3, I still think Q3 P/D and earnings will force their hand to start the buying process.

Still really bullish on us. Hope we kick climate change's ass with unity and innovate the crap out of it.

I've told this to family members already, but this is the first time humanity is fighting a foe not amongst ourselves. We're fighting our environment and it'll take every country to pull together to resolve this fight. If we do this together, like Bill Murray says:

"When I work, my first relationship with people is professional. There are people who want to be your friend right away. I say, "We're not gonna be friends until we get this done. If we don't get this done, we're never going to be friends, because if we don't get the job done, then the one thing we did together that we had to do together we failed.""

Question for our resident securities / compliance experts:

Can the request to vote for official authorization from the Shareholders to potentially increase the share count such that a split could take place in the future, or an intention to do that; be asked for or signalled on an earnings call ?

Just wondering if doing so would be in violation of any securities rules.

• Helpful
Reactions: Criscmt
My end of July 740 weekly call went green again. Being we are close to earnings, this implies people think it might stick in the end.
So if I paid $400 and I want to exercise this option, what do I owe, anything? Never done this before. (It's my one lucky dice.)
You will have to buy 100 shares @740

My end of July 740 weekly call went green again. Being we are close to earnings, this implies people think it might stick in the end.
So if I paid $400 and I want to exercise this option, what do I owe, anything? Never done this before. (It's my one lucky dice.)
Do you mean you want to sell the option? You said "exerecise" but I think you meant "sell the option".
To sell the option - you go into the brokerage account and select "sell to close".

It's only Tuesday, plenty of time to short and fake-order it back to max pain before Friday.

Even better if they sell some extra will-be-worthless-Friday lotto tickets to the weekly buyers by giving em a little hope today.

Tesla is one of those few stocks that can have a +100 point day on no news. Does it tractor beam to 650? Probably but I AM NOT selling 655 calls because I'm not that confident Tesla won't crush max pain on the eve of possibly, HISTORIC earnings.

That and we are already trading 25% or more discount to ATH.

It wouldn't make financial sense to exercise a 740 OTM option. It would be trying to buy 100 shares of TSLA at 744 (740 + 4 per share premium).

You can hold it and see what happens next week (at the risk of it going worthless), or get your money back and some small change by selling your option.

It's only Tuesday, plenty of time to short and fake-order it back to max pain before Friday.

Even better if they sell some extra will-be-worthless-Friday lotto tickets to the weekly buyers by giving em a little hope today.
Just sold a few on this theory, makes sense. I have a hunch 666 is max for this week, it seems to get stuck there a lot.

Question for our resident securities / compliance experts:

Can the request to vote for official authorization from the Shareholders to potentially increase the share count such that a split could take place in the future, or an intention to do that; be asked for or signalled on an earnings call ?

Just wondering if doing so would be in violation of any securities rules.
There are several choices, each with some different issues:
1) announce a split, pending approvals,
2) seek a shareholder vote to increase authorized shares, then make an announcement,
3) seek board approval , announce, seek shareholder ratification.

All the options depend on the precise corporate requirements to increase authorized shares. Generally that requires a shareholder vote.
The issue is corporate governance rather than explicit securities laws. The internal corporate governance rules can provide for some exceptions to the general rule.
A securities lawyer with knowledge of Tesla's governance policies and Delaware corporate laws and regulations could answer with authority. The rest of us have clues, but this is a fairly arcane area, since increasing authorized share limits is normally done long before that is needed.

I know of one case in which a Delaware corporation increased authorized share through a Board resolution, followed later by shareholder ratification. I believe that to have been highly unusual, since majority shareholders were within the board, even though the shareholder vote could not take place prior to the planned issuance.
I am quite certain that is NOT the case for Tesla.

SP is at 660, your call strike is at 740? if that is the case, then your strike has not gone ITM (In the Money), so you cannot exercise your call.
You could close your call, and buy the shares at 660.
If your call is green, then subtract the profit/share from the 660 and that will be your buying price.

Reactions: SOULPEDL
FactSet has TSLA Q2 at $0.93 Non-GAAP EPS

My guess is that these numbers exclude any Bitcoin Impairment. The bitcoin charge of $104m should reduce earnings by $0.08 per share.
Likely analysts are looking for $0.93 without Bitcoin charge and $0.85 with the charge.

1626815923628.png