Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple due to lack of A.I. innovation has gone to bed with the biggest devil of all. Elon noticed and responded. The myopic mob yells Elon bad - again.

Frankly, all good. It is easy to tell now who is the part of the old world and who is for the new one. It is not only Elon's companies who will drop them. Many other will follow.

The question really is who to go with? Android? I have already.

I find it strange that the obvious is allowed to go on for so long. Dozens of honest members have pointed out that the forum is getting so mired in diversion that it has caused several of the MVP (most valuable posters) to leave and not return. It is a wonder why the people with the authority to do so, who are obviously thoughtful and intelligent humans, won't regulate this nonsense. Do those who lack honest intent not make themselves glaringly obvious? If it is allowed to continue, more people are going to lose patience and leave, thus breaking up the wonderful forum we once had (which is likely the purpose of the diversion to begin with). It takes years to build, and minutes to destroy.
The changes are a net positive. The place is 90 percent more civil now, and the conspiracy theory silliness is down substantially.

I find it strange that the obvious is allowed to go on for so long. Dozens of honest members have pointed out that the forum is getting so mired in diversion that it has caused several of the MVP (most valuable posters) to leave and not return. It is a wonder why the people with the authority to do so, who are obviously thoughtful and intelligent humans, won't regulate this nonsense. Do those who lack honest intent not make themselves glaringly obvious? If it is allowed to continue, more people are going to lose patience and leave, thus breaking up the wonderful forum we once had (which is likely the purpose of the diversion to begin with). It takes years to build, and minutes to destroy.
As has been stated many times before, the vibe of the investor forum follows the stock price. The mood here would be different if the stock price was in the 250s or higher. It's so obvious, yet some want to blame a couple of posters ( if you are a troll, here is a dollar, buy a life and bring me back my change) posting "negative" news. Our concern should be the growth of Tesla's stock price, not the vibe of a forum that has no bearing on the stock price.

By the way, a couple of these MVPs could learn some posting etiquette themselves—especially the condescending angry cat avatar guy.................If he was a "MVP".

Sorry buddy but you have just revealed you have your very own Ludicrous Mode.

Elon DID execute his part of the deal FIRST.

We as shareholders voted FOR his deal in 2018. It doesn't matter how you voted... (I'm assuming you own less than 50% of the company) you have to go with the will of voters. If you never liked the will of the voters back in 2018 you've had every opportunity to sell your TSLA since then and I sincerely hope you waited until Elon finished with his obligations under the deal and then exceeded it by over 100% before selling (market cap briefly went to $1.4trilion).
1. My comment, "Buddy", was a response to the tweet about streaming Diablo and making lofty promises about what Optimus would sell for and how many would be sold etc. I want more walk, less talk from Musk.
2. Nobody is, of course, obligated to vote one way or the other. And, obviously, the company is also not under a legal obligation to pay out the 50 billion, if it were, no vote would be needed.
3. You can claim that there is a moral, even if not legal, obligation to vote but that only applies to those who voted for in 2018, which I did not.
4. The idea that you have to like everything about Musk or Tesla or otherwise sell all your stock is childish. I own stock in a lot of companies but do not necessarily agree with all they do. I'm not part of any fan club.

Apple due to lack of A.I. innovation has gone to bed with the biggest devil of all. Elon noticed and responded. The myopic mob yells Elon bad - again.

Frankly, all good. It is easy to tell now who is the part of the old world and who is for the new one. It is not only Elon's companies who will drop them. Many other will follow.

The question really is who to go with? Android? I have already.
Android through Samsung and Google Pixel are doing the same.

That's the point. All companies are being pushed to this to keep up with each other.

You think Google's LLM is more secure/safe than ChatGPT?

If anyone has not voted yet:

1718129053156.png

Tesla's battery costs are about to go down further. Isn't LG building or built a new battery plant for higher sales numbers?

GM doesnt mind at all. Traditional auto manufacturers. The EV FUD is working. Maybe if the leader in the EV space really cared about EVs really taking over their CEO would care about that and put out advertisements combatting that rather than having robots trying to tell people how to vote.

FYI I recently heard that new dangers exist with Electric Boats and how they can increase shark attacks.

As has been stated many times before, the vibe of the investor forum follows the stock price. The mood here would be different if the stock price was in the 250s or higher. It's so obvious, yet some want to blame a couple of posters ( if you are a troll, here is a dollar, buy a life and bring me back my change) posting "negative" news. Our concern should be the growth of Tesla's stock price, not the vibe of a forum that has no bearing on the stock price.

By the way, a couple of these MVPs could learn some posting etiquette themselves—especially the condescending angry cat avatar guy.................If he was a "MVP".
Strongly agree

There is an old poll somewhere on this forum about how much shares of tsla. I believe the top 5 probably has hundreds of millions of usd in tsla (extrapolated to today). A lot of ppl probably didn't participate in the poll like me so it might not represent the whole picture.

One member I know from this forum had more than 500k+ usd in tesla shares on ipo day for example. My personal guess is that the top holder from this forum (Elon excluded) is probably in the billions.
That’s awesome - I wish I was in that cohort. Like the pattern for most of my investments, I did pretty well on my initial buy of Tesla way back when - but sold when it quickly went up 20% thinking I was so smart, only to watch it run forever while I sat on the sidelines. I tend to make a little money and then sell way too soon., much to my detriment.

I enjoy this thread - I have learned a lot from all the different viewpoints, and there are clearly a lot of really smart people here. I don’t have to agree with someone to learn from them.

OK, I understand your points and apologize for my initial reply.

At the same time there is enough proof (for me) that Waymo's solution is currently at least an order of magnitude better than Tesla's (their data would suggest two orders of magnitude). I think we'll just have to see how the next few years are going to pan out, I don't see any technical reason why tesla would be able to leapfrog them in terms of results.
As doggyworld showed in the waymo thread it isn't much and Googles CFO has tripled down very recently on Waymo. It's a keeper and I promise that they know more about the numbers and business model than we do.

Reactions: alexxs88