Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there was one thing I could wish for on this board, it would be the ability to respond to criticism half as eloquently and decisively as some members can. I feel there is a free value-add in this forum I haven't seen anywhere else, where you can witness what is likely decades of experience in a high-powered boardroom at work in some of the responses.

TMC - come for the company, stay for the wisdom.

An important factor to remember as Tesla tries to minimize service costs: This will help them immensely long term as they become a vehicle operator via the robotaxi fleet.
I think this helps them immensely when they have new buyers moving away from ICE....Many ICE owners loath paying their dealer big maintenance $$. I know I personally was sick of replacing fluids (oil, transmission fluids, radiator), replacing frequently worn parts (brakes, water pumps, spark plugs, filters, belts) and such. The idea that my ICE replacement not only needs far less maintenance, but that my new EV manufacturer doesn't want it to be a profit center....well that's GOLD.

Yes, the bottleneck right now is the manufacturing capacity, but (and I am no expert) there might be alternative easily ramped methods for manufacturing stationary storage batteries. Electric cells don't need to be spiral coils of scarce materials with a very high reliability.
Ah, well your previous reply was making the assertion in the present tense, when in reality what you are discussing may happen in the future.

If there was one thing I could wish for on this board, it would be the ability to respond to criticism half as eloquently and decisively as some members can. I feel there is a free value-add in this forum I haven't seen anywhere else, where you can witness what is likely decades of experience in a high-powered boardroom at work in some of the responses.

TMC - come for the company, stay for the wisdom.
I hope we won't keep touch when Tesla/TSLA becomes boring, because although I really like all things EV, I learned about a lot more topics here in over a decade. Best community I've hung out with so far.

The problem is that outside of a few people here, no one either believes it (jaded with corporate greenwashing and advertising that isn't all that truthful) or doesn't want to believe it (oil and legacy car).
Tesla/Elon Musk is a one off. Unless you’ve experienced a one off before or have tremendous confidence in your own ability to ‘see’, it’s nearly impossible to believe. Even in my circle, I’ll catch people saying ‘yeah, but that won’t happen’ because even though they have an understanding, they still can’t quite believe.

Traditional guidelines for posting tonight:
  1. If in doubt, don't post
  2. Add value - don't post SP or quotes from the presentation
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
  5. No fake links
  6. No fake numbers
Cool! Finally I can post some of my poems!

Based on @The Accountant numbers I am very confident we will have an earning beat.
What's concerning me, is that Max-Pain hasn't moved up this week. Which I am translating to indicate that MM are still planning on playing games. is anyone else concerned about that, or do we think this earnings beat is different - i.e. we have more fuel now?
Its very early. There’s 4 days for MM to work after earnings.

If earnings disappoints, they don’t have to do anything on calls except try to defend above 600 to kill the put buyers.

50 percent chance of winning doing nothing so they wait.

Traditional guidelines for posting tonight:
  1. If in doubt, don't post
  2. Add value - don't post SP or quotes from the presentation
  3. Group your points together into bigger posts
  4. Don't post until you have caught up and confirmed it hasn't already been posted
  5. No fake links
  6. No fake numbers
MODERATOR:
Absolute Insta-ban for any violations of the “Fake” #5 & #6 points.

Based on @The Accountant numbers I am very confident we will have an earning beat.
What's concerning me, is that Max-Pain hasn't moved up this week. Which I am translating to indicate that MM are still planning on playing games. is anyone else concerned about that, or do we think this earnings beat is different - i.e. we have more fuel now?
As I have stated before, My belief is that any gains on any day that match up at the end of the week with the MM's maxpain is no gain or loss at all.

out!

First! lol

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.06.51 PM.png