Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"We believe we remain on track to build our first Model Y vehicles in Berlin and Austin in 2021. The pace of the respective production ramps will be influenced by the successful introduction of many new product and manufacturing technologies, ongoing supply-chain related challenges and regional permitting. To better focus on these factories, and due to the limited availability of battery cells and global supply chain challenges, we have shifted the launch of the Semi truck program to 2022. We are also making progress on the industrialization of Cybertruck, which is currently planned for Austin production subsequent to Model Y"

Just to recap.....we are right now sitting below the SP just prior to the astounding 1Q P&D announcement. Laughable.

My thought was that MMs and hedgies would be able to contain TSLA through this report until after 3Q numbers. Now I'm thinking today's numbers squeeze us up quite nicely beyond $800 by Labor Day.

A billion in profit at the start of 2 years of ~100% annual growth . Hilarious.

I still think Q3 is where the real action is. Wall street needs to see robots working on cars and production lines actually doing something in Berlin and Texas (even just some test runs), before it will really hit them how big a jump in automotive production is coming.
Plus Q3 will be where the latest FSD build, and the subscription revenue, and the new model S (and hopefully X?) starts to be seen on the bottom line.
In addition, Q3/Q4 might not have any CEO milestones to recognize. That will be a big boost. (Credit: FactChecking / @Truth_Tesla )

"Q2 financials: "This profit level was reached while incurring SBC expense attributable to the 2018 CEO award of $176M in Q2, driven by a new operational milestone becoming probable." Almost all CEO award milestones have been reached."

Last edited:
Lora Kolodny was on and she was visibly shaken by how good the earnings report was. Even admitted that competitors EV sales eating into ICE sales not Tesla sales. She did try to say that the lower credits could be of concern. Yeah the same credits they love to use to downplay Tesla earnings.
I watched and she really looked like deer caught in headlights. She had a hard time even pulling coal out of the Tesla magic hat. Her co-interview person, sorry forgot his name, said he thought future quarters with hopefully shortages working their way out (some comment about maybe with Tesla’s high volume they get preferential treatment on parts/chips) that he could see 900K deliveries by YE. He was pretty pleased compared to Lora.

Heavy short-selling after-hours?

2.75M shares traded as of this writing (within 70mins after ER), but price didn't move even 2.5%.

If it's heavy short-selling, I must say, I love it :cool: .
Been sometime since we had the last round with the shortz, that round was awesome.
I am ready for one more round. If it end's with a split announcement, that's even better, I am totally up for it :cool:

@Artful Dodger

CNBC is on now and all of the talking heads going negative. They are grasping and trying to use the competition is coming nonsense.
Tim S. has always hated $TSLA, the other dude...(don't know what his name is, nor do i care) just said I drive a Ford Mach-E and never even considered a Tesla....I knew i shouldnt have flipped on CNBS!

So frustrating listening to talking heads being totally clueless that factories dont just popup out of thin air. Hearing them being negative saying things like not able to hit the $25K car. Of course not they dont have a factory yet. Should they simply create a cheap M3 just to show them see we can make a $25K car. That is nonsense. At current prices Tesla simply cant make enough cars to serve the world, so simply shooting for a low price is just ****ing dumb.

Oh and Gene 1st question to ask during call about the name of FSD is dumb as well. Ask about something important. Marketing terms are stupid to discuss. After all the Ford Mach E doesnt hit Mach anything.

Heavy short-selling after-hours?

2.75M shares traded as of this writing (within 70mins after ER), but price didn't move even 2.5%.

If it's heavy short-selling, I must say, I love it :cool: .
Been sometime since we had the last round with the shortz, that round was awesome.
I am ready for one more round. If it end's with a split announcement, that's even better, I am totally up for it :cool:

@Artful Dodger
Friendly reminder...stock split does nothing for a stock....essentially you are taking 4 slices of pizza and making it into 8 slices. 🤔

The early narrative looks to be ”Semi pushed to 2022 - Tesla doomed”. There’s always something...

Totally agree................ Any bets that Fred's article claiming near-term production was a set-up to help create the only possible negative narrative in this report........and a narrative that would not have been negative at all if Fred hadn't published a completely false article claiming the Semi was right around the corner? Thanks Fred. Hope you are enjoying a big crow dinner with Gordy and Lora this evening