Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Listen carefully ... It's "union jobs", not "jobs".
There's nothing wrong with union jobs as long as the employees can make up their own mind about being in a union. I think Biden keeps pushing this because he's looking to ensure higher wages and grab some blue collar jobs. Even though I'm disappointed that the largest American manufacturer of BEV's that offers wages an benefits equal to or greater than that of the UAW, I do believe his point was to encourage the OEM's to convert to BEV's... Tesla does not need to be convinced. Politics and persuasion is a strange game, maybe he'll host a Tesla Day later this year.

Much better...

Gotta be good that the Secretary of Transportation drives a Tesla right?
View attachment 692828

That's not mayor Pete. From the article's caption:

A Tesla owner charges his vehicle at a charging station in Topeka, Kan., Monday, April 5, 2021. The president and the auto industry maintain the nation is on the cusp of a gigantic shift to electric vehicles and away from liquid-fueled cars, but biofuels producers and some of their supporters in Congress aren’t buying it. They argue the U.S. should increase sales of ethanol and biodiesel, not abandon them. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

Much better...

Gotta be good that the Secretary of Transportation drives a Tesla right?
View attachment 692828
It's good that Pete Buttigieg drives a Tesla but its worth pointing out that that's not him in this photo. This is a photo that's appeared in a number of online articles including about Buttigieg and carries this caption: "A Tesla owner charges his vehicle at a charging station in Topeka, Kansas. (AP photo/Orlin Wagner)"

Edit: Just beaten to it by @powertoold

That's not mayor Pete. From the article's caption:

A Tesla owner charges his vehicle at a charging station in Topeka, Kan., Monday, April 5, 2021. The president and the auto industry maintain the nation is on the cusp of a gigantic shift to electric vehicles and away from liquid-fueled cars, but biofuels producers and some of their supporters in Congress aren’t buying it. They argue the U.S. should increase sales of ethanol and biodiesel, not abandon them. (AP Photo/Orlin Wagner)

You're right! I guess I should research my photos more carefully next time.

You're right! I guess I should research my photos more carefully next time.
In fact, in the research I've done in the last 5 minutes, I'm not even sure he drives one as I can't find any documentation showing such. My bad I guess.

Edit: per a March 5, 2020 article he drives a 2015 Chevy Cruze... hopefully he's converted by now. Maybe Tesla can donate one or Jay Leno can go him a drive.

Last edited:
You guys are far too kind to these politicians. It's about the UAW and campaign contributions. Tesla has never even been acknowledged. (I don't think this is a political post, I think this administration has an agenda in regards to Tesla)
Biden definitely has an agenda against Tesla, considering that he started his NYC Presidential fundraising in the home of none other than Uncle Jim Chanos.

There's nothing wrong with union jobs as long as the employees can make up their own mind about being in a union. I think Biden keeps pushing this because he's looking to ensure higher wages and grab some blue collar jobs. Even though I'm disappointed that the largest American manufacturer of BEV's that offers wages an benefits equal to or greater than that of the UAW, I do believe his point was to encourage the OEM's to convert to BEV's... Tesla does not need to be convinced. Politics and persuasion is a strange game, maybe he'll host a Tesla Day later this year.
Yeah. As much as I find the legacy American "Oh show me the way to the next bailout bill 🎶" OEM’s irksome, it would be better for the world if one or more survived. It would not be ideal, for anyone besides China, for the West to cede EV’s, ex-Tesla, to China.

Perhaps (perhaps? lol) I have a suspicious cast of mind, but I suspect the legacies *still* only want to produce enough EV’s to take the wind from Tesla’s sails/sales. One can hope the administration is trying to box the legacy American OEM’s into doing the right thing.

I’d rather see Tesla included in the credits than in some "EV Day" any day.

Last edited:
Does anyone think the fact we've heard zilch about the model X might indicate they might be digging deeper into the refresh toolkit?
Not sure about that. There are a lot of model S vehicles still sitting on lots at Fremont. Presumably they want to get the S rollout humming before transitioning to the X.

Not sure about that. There are a lot of model S vehicles still sitting on lots at Fremont. Presumably they want to get the S rollout humming before transitioning to the X.

Anecdotally (judging from the Model S Delivery thread) Model S deliveries seem to be going extremely slowly. In particular, it's hard to confirm that ANY 19" wheel deliveries have happened at all, and even 21" wheel orders seem to keep getting revised over and over to be months later than their initial given delivery dates. I ordered in September 2020. Was initially told Q2 delivery. Then July. Now i'm told nothing. Rumblings are November, but Tesla is being incredibly tight-lipped about what's going on with the Model S deliveries.

I suspect supply chain bottlenecks on multiple fronts. i HOPE that's all it is.

I think if it were software or engineering issues, deliveries would be halted, rather than trickling (and they were halted briefly for a rumored software issue).

Brand new orders are now giving December-January expected delivery dates.

Anyway, the best part of that thread is how every day there is usually some new rando who pops in to tell us how they ordered two weeks ago and inexplicably just took delivery of their Plaid today! Woohoo, what a great car!

we hate them.

Last edited:
So long as Tesla doesn't get snubbed in the actual legislation, I'm not going to get emotional about this. It's not like they have anyone to convince that they're the leaders in this space.
This.

Everyone knows who will benefit the most from pro-EV policies, no need to address the elephant, see, we have these tiny cute dinosaurs needs feeding too, we are not wasting your money.

Unless the final legislation mandates any car maker have to have >49% ICE sales in 2030, or EV credits some how excluded Tesla, I don’t mind them not mentioning Tesla in their shows.

Anecdotally (judging from the Model S Delivery thread) Model S deliveries seem to be going extremely slowly. In particular, it's hard to confirm that ANY 19" wheel deliveries have happened at all, and even 21" wheel orders seem to keep getting revised over and over to be months later than their initial given delivery dates. I ordered in September 2020. Was initially told Q2 delivery. Then July. Now i'm told nothing. Rumblings are November, but Tesla is being incredibly tight-lipped about what's going on with the Model S deliveries.

I suspect supply chain bottlenecks on multiple fronts. i HOPE that's all it is.

I think if it were software or engineering issues, deliveries would be halted, rather than trickling (and they were halted briefly for a rumored software issue).

Brand new orders are now giving December-January expected delivery dates.

Anyway, the best part of that thread is how every day there is usually some new rando who pops in to tell us how they ordered two weeks ago and inexplicably just took delivery of their Plaid today! Woohoo, what a great car!

we hate them.

you ordered In September and still have not received your Plaid?

I ordered my Plaid early this July, Black with 21” wheels and cream interior and picked up my car on July 28th! What could your hold up be?

by the way, awesome vehicle...fit and finish, including gaps could be better, but the car is amazing.

sorry....did not mean to be “ that guy”! Are they playing favorites? This is our 4th Tesla.

I don’t follow delivery threads but sounds like a potential selection bias risk. I would generally be influenced by stories of quick delivery over long delivery simply because a reasonably basic fairness principal is likely being implemented at least within broadly similar geographic subsets.