Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a good handle on how the market can be expected to react to Powell's talk this morning. We're coming off an appearance where he walked back his more rigid approach to rate increases, and yesterday's FOMC minutes that showed some dissent over the December rate increase. Can further dovish statements be expected to move the market even higher?

On the contrary, I suppose it's fairly evident that a hawkish / "return to rigidity" tone would cause a solid sell-off. But I am not expecting that at all.

So, um, if someone is in an airplane and near a city and also descending we can assume they are landing there. We don't really need step-by-step updates on the pattern the plane is flying in to land. Nor do we really need to know which airport it is landing at.

NASDAQ +0.75% or so. I hope this keeps up for a few weeks leading into ER.

Is there a "creepy, but informative" button here? :p

You truncated the quote. The full quote was:

"Dropping in altitude but also turning slightly north. Was cruising at 22000ft, now 17350. Aircraft now rolling ever so slightly to the side as a flight attendant stands up. Appears to be asking Musk if he'd like anything to drink. Minor coffee stain on Musk's pants. Coffee appears to have been a dark roast with milk but no sugar...."

;)

You truncated the quote. The full quote was:

"Dropping in altitude but also turning slightly north. Was cruising at 22000ft, now 17350. Aircraft now rolling ever so slightly to the side as a flight attendant stands up. Appears to be asking Musk if he'd like anything to drink. Minor coffee stain on Musk's pants. Coffee appears to have been a dark roast with milk but no sugar...."

;)
Karen, you're killing me! LMAO

This thread is truly entertaining to read.

Dan

By the way, have been regularly checking Money Flows since I first learned of that indicator a few days ago thanks to someone on here. No sign of "Selling on Strength" for TSLA over these past few trading days.

Currently 14-day Money Flow Index (MFI) reading for TSLA is 42.16, up from a low of about 30 several days back, which coincidentally was the lowest that reading had been since October right before the ER announcement.

Money Flows: Selling on Strength - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

Update on this today: TSLA has now appeared in the "selling on strength" list. Data as of 8:47 AM PST, with a -14.59 total money flow, and a -8.86 block trade money flow (I believe block trades are more related to institutional investors?).

Code:
                 DAILY                      TOTAL MONEY FLOW                                        BLOCK TRADES
Company Price Chg % Chg 1-wk% chg Money Flow Tick Up Tick Down Up/Down Ratio Money Flow Tick Up Tick Down Up/Down Ratio
Tesla (TSLA)    339.60    1.07    0.31    6.90    -14.59    230.31    244.90    0.94    -8.86    0.00    8.86    0.00

Nah, Shortsville is saying that he stopped there because of pot. :Þ

Still no movement of his plane. So this wasn't just some sort of brief stopover. That said, it could well be a personal trip rather than business.

Erm, in NL, cannabis is legally sold from places known as "coffee shops". You also have head-shops (not what you think) and smarts-shops :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Mobius484