Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This popped up on my YouTube feed:

I enjoyed many of her other videos, but in this video, she seems to affirm that hydrogen fuel cells could be a viable alternate clean transportation solution. She mentions at the beginning that the series was sponsored by Toyota. It seems as if she were really interested in the merits of “hydrogen vs battery electric cars” from a physics point of view, she would have critically examined Elon’s analysis of the two and maybe without Toyota’s sponsorship. She is widely viewed with 2.0 million subscribers.

I’m not calling on anyone to comment on her YouTube video page, but if you do, please keep it polite and civil.

The chief engineer of Toyotas fuel cell car said:
Elon Musk is right - it’s better to charge the electric car directly by plugging in.

Toyota makes FCVs for a tiny area of California because they get 45k/vehicle in emissions credits, not because they really think hydrogen makes sense as a fuel.

But on that video- anybody else notice-

That video: I visited the first hydrogen fueling station in the country that opened back in 2003!

ALSO that video: There's 45 total stations now, but they got a really late start...

Last edited:
They can make all the hydrogen cars they want, but they will not go 0-60 in under 4 seconds, won't be nearly as low maintenance, you can't fuel them at home, and if people thought range anxiety was a problem with EVs, hydrogen cars will have range paranoia. No one is going to buy them, but go ahead and knock yourself out Toyota et al because it just allows Tesla to sell even more cars (and subscriptions).
clapping-stand-up.gif

I've been following her for several years, love her cute youtube physics videos she does, but she just cut ties with her PBS sponsor last year. Then she starts making these with Toyota....gotta get the money from somewhere.....really disappointed with her.
For what it's worth, I've been a follower of her for a while as well. IMO, the quality of the fcev videos she posted are well below the quality of her other videos. I thought there were some things she said that she didn't really want to say in the videos. Gee, but why would she say some things she didn't want to in a sponsored video???

Comments in the videos echo my thoughts as well - she may end up losing more subscribers than it was worth to do these sponsored videos.

I've been following her for several years, love her cute youtube physics videos she does, but she just cut ties with her PBS sponsor last year. Then she starts making these with Toyota....gotta get the money from somewhere.....really disappointed with her.

Toyota seems to think Hydrogen vs BEV is a contest of marketing and public opinion, not a matter of physics and economics...

Physics is the law, economics is automatic law enforcement.. public opinion matters when physics and economics have no preference.

Sometimes it is better to admit mistakes and set about fixing them, then try to change the world to make your mistake right.

I wonder if this is because Japan intends to import hydrogen as an alternative to nuclear power plants... doing the extra step of converting hydrogen to electricity at grid level should be more economic even factoring in transmission losses.

Japan may be able to do more with Wind (including offshore wind), Solar and Wave energy if they try hard enough..

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I've been a follower of her for a while as well. IMO, the quality of the fcev videos she posted are well below the quality of her other videos. I thought there were some things she said that she didn't really want to say in the videos. Gee, but why would she say some things she didn't want to in a sponsored video???

Comments in the videos echo my thoughts as well - she may end up losing more subscribers than it was worth to do these sponsored videos.
I already un-subscribed when I saw her first Toyota-sponsored FCEV ad video.

Bitcoin Prices
In my attempt to estimate the potential impact to Q3 from Tesla's investment in Bitcoin, I am struggling to identify the official Bitcoin historical prices.
For the Q2 low, I see

from CoinDesk - $29,031.31 on June 22
from Yahoo - $29,360.96 on June 20
from Nasdaq - $31,216.00 on June 21

Does anyone know where I could find the official historical numbers for Bitcoin? Telsa's SEC filings states "we consider the lowest market price of one unit of digital asset quoted on the active exchange..."

Reactions: capster and MaxPain
Wait, isn't this supposed to be a family-friendly forum where certain expressions, activities and suggestions are frowned upon? ;)
Always blame Autocorrupt. (There it goes again :p )
Gee, you caught that one but missed the one a few posts prior to yours where someone requested another share his sex robot?

This popped up on my YouTube feed:

I enjoyed many of her other videos, but in this video, she seems to affirm that hydrogen fuel cells could be a viable alternate clean transportation solution. She mentions at the beginning that the series was sponsored by Toyota. It seems as if she were really interested in the merits of “hydrogen vs battery electric cars” from a physics point of view, she would have critically examined Elon’s analysis of the two and maybe without Toyota’s sponsorship. She is widely viewed with 2.0 million subscribers.

I’m not calling on anyone to comment on her YouTube video page, but if you do, please keep it polite and civil.

She also claimed most BEV's have a range of between 100-200 miles and the top high-end BEV has a range of 387 miles (Model S LR is 405 miles).

I had to check the date of the video to see if it was a couple of years old but, nope, August 18th!

She also claimed most BEV's have a range of between 100-200 miles and the top high-end BEV has a range of 387 miles (Model S LR is 405 miles).

I had to check the date of the video to see if it was a couple of years old but, nope, August 18th!
Never heard of her until today. I watch a ton of science and math videos. The way she talks with all the cuts every 5 seconds and her mannerisms all looks silly and juvenile. Sorry not my cup of tea.

“FCA’s $30 million fine comes weeks after US President Joe Biden stood with Detroit’s Big 3 automakers—including Stellantis—and the United Auto Workers union at a White House event marking the country’s commitment to sustainable transportation. Many wondered why Tesla was not invited to the event as it is a leader in the global EV market. “

Very informative video on Burry's current short position in Tesla/Arkk and the reasons behind it. Watch this to understand how interest rates affect high growth stocks and how Burry is pretty wrong in his thesis.

The video barely covers future cash flows and focuses mostly on inflation. I don’t think TSLA will be affected much, but some of the small caps and biotechs part of ARK will be affected with higher debt expenses.

Higher Interest rates also affect cosumer confidence. Higher credit card rates, mortgage payments. Salary increases always lag. Increasing prices 10% will also come with higher financing charges.

Don’t want to be called a bear, but the video also ignores the usual rotation to bonds after a rate hike. Fed’s tapering of its corporate debt purchase. Less discretionary spending, and the usual effects of a rate hike on the stock market.