Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you believe it: Bjorn managed to make a short video clip. :)

What's more important: he concluded that his 8 year old P85 degraded only 11% after 350.000 km (217.000 miles) on the ODO.
This is consistent with my own 2013 P85. It proves how excellent the battery and batterymanagement of Tesla are.
This is one of the things I always communicate with people about Tesla to possible future owners of the car as well as of TSLA stock.
It surely helps that we not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk.
And those cars are yesterday’s battery tech. They have made a lot of improvements over the last 8 years.

Everyone else is just getting started.

A: "We must make a report about Chinese deliveries of Nio and XPeng that are not going as as expected due to chip shortage!"
B: "We can find an intern that will be able to do that."
A: "Wait, wait wait... let's put the word Tesla in the headline. Who cares, makes sure more people will read it!" o_O

Last edited:

A: "We must make a report about Chinese deliveries of Nio and XPeng that are not going as as expected due to chip shortage!"
B: "We can find an intern that will be able to do that."
A: "Wait, wait wait... let's put the word Tesla in the headline. Who cares, makes sure more people will read it!" o_O
I got lured in and clickbaited the article to see the title. Usually I have the power to resist.

MotorTrend Rivian First Drive Review

Motortrend was gushing about the Rivian R1T. The four wheel torque vectoring seems amazing but waiting to see actual production models. Funny how they don't even mention Cybertruck as a competitor...
I'm not sure how a well over 100k truck will "revolutionize" the truck market but what do I know?

Questions from the annual meeting / proxy vote:

1) Is there a plan to bring Elon back as Chairman when the 3yrs runs out? I believe that's some time in September?

2) Why is James Murdoch on the Tesla board? From all appearances he is utterly useless.

3) There's no mention of a stock split in the agenda. What's up with that?

Can you believe it: Bjorn managed to make a short video clip. :)

What's more important: he concluded that his 8 year old P85 degraded only 11% after 350.000 km (217.000 miles) on the ODO.
This is consistent with my own 2013 P85. It proves how excellent the battery and batterymanagement of Tesla are.
This is one of the things I always communicate with people about Tesla to possible future owners of the car as well as of TSLA stock.
It surely helps that we not only talk the talk, but also walk the walk.
I traded my 2014 S85 to a new Y, biggest reason being the really sloooow supercharging..

MotorTrend Rivian First Drive Review

Motortrend was gushing about the Rivian R1T. The four wheel torque vectoring seems amazing but waiting to see actual production models. Funny how they don't even mention Cybertruck as a competitor...

I think Rivian has done a great job designing their truck and brand so far, but lets be honest: they haven't mass produced a single thing yet. I expect them to have a huge amount of growing pains over the next year or two, possibly longer, and I doubt they will be cash flow positive for a very long time.

It will be interesting to see how they progress though, and out of all the pure EV competitors to Tesla I feel Rivian has one of the better shots at actually competing alongside them.

1) Is there a plan to bring Elon back as Chairman when the 3yrs runs out? I believe that's some time in September?
I think that was only neccessary in the startup-phase. Now they have better people for that & it will take a lot off elons plate.

I would vote against that.
He should be on the board, but just as a member. And assume no special roles not neccessary for his stock-package.

I think Rivian has done a great job designing their truck and brand so far, but lets be honest: they haven't mass produced a single thing yet. I expect them to have a huge amount of growing pains over the next year or two, possibly longer, and I doubt they will be cash flow positive for a very long time.

It will be interesting to see how they progress though, and out of all the pure EV competitors to Tesla I feel Rivian has one of the better shots at actually competing alongside them.
Rivian will get a free hit on bodgy manufacturing. I doubt anyone from Amazon is going to be out with a ruler measuring panel gaps. They've got 100k goes to get it right.

Questions from the annual meeting / proxy vote:

2) Why is James Murdoch on the Tesla board? From all appearances he is utterly useless.

3) There's no mention of a stock split in the agenda. What's up with that?
I think technoking is the title he’s going with. Elon won’t go for traditional title. From now on only “meme” titles. He evolved beyond traditional titles

1630504340000.png

Price commentary