Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no way that the model 2 won't have a steering wheel (or yoke). I'm willing to bet my Tesla on it.
Z(2).jpg

No one should be surprised by the CT news?
The FSD HW4 Elon said was going to be in the Ct first, late 2022, the steel plant being built down the road isnt ready etc.
likewise I don’t know why anyone is surprised about CT coming in 2nd half of 22 after Elon specifically already said that they won’t even start building CT production limes until after the model Y has finished ramping in Austin.

Millions is not volume to a fab. They talk in hundreds of millions. The iphone ships in the range of 220-250 million a year. Then you add on playstations, xboxes, AMD products..etc etc. TSMC is in the business of moving over half a billion chips a year. Intel runs circle around that number...

Yeah 5 million HW4 or 10 million HW4 chips takes these fab a week to make....
I don’t think this is correct - TSMC produce way more chips than intel does annually (intel isn’t even in the top 5 by wafer capacity), TSMC have way more plants, and have a big lead in fab tech - to the point that Intel itself has now signed a contract with TSMC to be a customer for their 3nm fabs.

I'm sorry, but isn't all this info coming from Sawyer Merritt, an attention whore who's been wrong more often than he is right? Some of this news sounds like complete nonsense (no steering wheel or pedals for Model 2), some is info we already knew, and some is probably complete speculation. Sorry, going to wait for official info before going off of Sawyer's reports.

Coincidence that it comes out right before options Friday? Meh. Might be true, but I've been fooled too many times to accept any of this info at face value.

I don’t think this is correct - TSMC produce way more chips than intel does annually (intel isn’t even in the top 5 by wafer capacity), TSMC have way more plants, and have a big lead in fab tech - to the point that Intel itself has now signed a contract with TSMC to be a customer for their 3nm fabs.
You are right. Looks like tsmc tripled it's wafer capacity since 2017. Intel used to be top dog but everyone else passed them by a long shot.

I'm sorry, but isn't all this info coming from Sawyer Merritt, an attention whore who's been wrong more often than he is right? Some of this news sounds like complete nonsense (no steering wheel or pedals for Model 2), some is info we already knew, and some is probably complete speculation. Sorry, going to wait for official info before going off of Sawyer's reports.

Coincidence that it comes out right before options Friday? Meh. Might be true, but I've been fooled too many times to accept any of this info at face value.
I am not surprised by lack of controls on 25k car. I used to see PRND buttons inside the Summon in the Tesla app, which is a great clue that Tesla is thinking about dropping controls on the car.

Hope the app is:

price_per_kWh=TESLA_PRICE_PER_KWH;
if (not_Tesla) price_per_kWh= TESLA_PRICE_PER_KWH*2.0;
Even if the price modifier is 1.0, TSLA can still profit if they have a virtual utility selling electricity back to the grid at peak prices. BTW, Netherlands is one of the countries with most advanced energy markets, when it comes to dynamic pricing

Last edited:
Last edited:

You are correct. Sawyer has ZERO credibility. I don't know who actually still believes anything he says.

I'm not sure where you get your confidence to predict what thresholds regulator will require. It certainly is a question to me. I think AP is already around 2X, but is this really good enough to satisfy regulators? I get your point that it may not be rational for regulators to impose more than a 1X threshold, but regulations are notorious for defying rational expectations. 2X might cut it today, but in 5 years when others are at 10X? I don't know seems like a real question to me.

The regulators would have thousands of deaths on their hands if they prevent a system that would save those lives out of the hands of drivers. Their job is to make the roads safer, not more dangerous by forcing people to drive manually when there are systems available that are twice as safe.

If they do the wrong thing at first there will be lawsuits and the result will be the legalization of those systems that save lives.