Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From 4% to 45%: Biden Sets an Ambitious Goal for Solar Energy

I'm sure this is ambitious but probably really positive for Tesla Energy. I think if this administration can pass additional solar incentives; this will help affordability. For most people the cost / benefit does not make as much sense at this point.
I know a bit about the practical aspects of solar. A friend owns a small solar installing company in NY.
He did my solar for cost as long as i would be on the roof helping.
I wanted to do it not just for that but to learn about it. I read a lot too.

To really increase solar installations they need to change a lot of the disincentives in states like NY.
1) New York put the small installer practically out of business with their regulations.
2) Many utility companies will only give rebate for system equal to 110% of usage of the previous year.
So they literally are disincentive people from utilizing their roof to create clean energy for others.
3) The other disincentive is what they pay the homeowner for electricity they produce over their usage.
In my case it s about 1/12th what they charge and it does not pay to install a larger system.
And I'm lucky. They changed the rules in NY ( and I bet elsewhere) that overproduction goes into a bank that you can only collect after 20 years!
Here's the insult to injury: You still have to live in that house to collect.
4) Infrastructure of the grid has to be improved.
This is something I know little about but I read they were having difficulties in Hawaii for example, because how many people were adding solar. The antiquated electrical delivery system wasn't able to handle the supply

Last edited:
Lot of volume
3 1/2 million in 15 minutes

We're actually less volume than we were yesterday in the first 45 mins. Wall St money continues to play the sitting on the sidelines game until they determine the stock is ready to take off. This going to be another sub 20 million share traded day.

Must be great to be MM's and have practically zero fear of a rally since no doubt they collude/talk with the investment bank side

Samsung joining the Tesla party in Texas...

Looks like the MMs are aggressive today
all autos down
1631112178863.png