Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been shared yet.

As an aside:

Came back from a road trip vacation, feels good to have some form of life coming back post-COVID. Took my first long road trip in the M3P and I never want to go back to a non-electric vehicle nor a non-Tesla vehicle. Such an easy and **fun** drive for a road trip. I feel more energized after driving than exhausted somehow!
and just think as more EVs are on the highways we travel on ...we will be even less tired ... as the amount of CO2 we breathe in while travelling at 70 mph heads towards 0
do you have bioweapon defense mode in M3P ? that would also explain more energy ;)

The state is seeking to force the companies to include stickers or labels at gas pumps warning Vermonters about the products’ impact on the environment, in addition to fines and other measures.

Good to see that Rivian, founded in 2009, has finally shipped their first actual product here in late 2021. What execution speed! With a mere $12B in capital raised!

Meanwhile, everyone is piling on Lordstown, founded in 2019, with less than a tenth of the funding of Rivian, because they may be delayed until early 2022.
Rivian has done a very good job not making jabs, not over promising, and not spewing out false information. Being quiet has its advantages and coming out looking like the hero. Guess it's one benefit of being a private company so you don't have to constantly get scrutinized by the media and others so the CEO constantly don't need to be on the defensive.

i have watched a lot of beta v10 videos and I just can’t get over how obscure the reasons seem to be for why it occasionally fails. Simple situations you think it handles repeatedly it will act like it’s musing about one of Elon’s tweets and lost the plot. here there is a slight complexity of an oncoming vehicle that is narrowing the lane but it looks willing to drive straight into a parked car that is clearly identified in the visualization and doesn’t even slow:

I don’t really have a point other than unpredictability seems like a problem. A situation like this one it seems to me it was literally a fraction of a second difference in driver reaction and there would be a problem. I would highly resist deploying this very widely.

Last edited:
Today there are a variety of BEV's that have strong appeal to certain audiences, not too long ago Tesla was alone. The best of the new ones will be expanding the market. Without question China produces quite a few from the more than a dozen credible BEV builders. Stellantis has the Peugeot 208-eGT, the 2008 E, the quite excellent new Fiat 500e, their first 100% purpose built BEV. The Taycan, and even the Audi and Mercedes models ahem clear appeal to their brand loyalists. That even ignores the Mustang Mach E. Then there are scores of EU and China originated vans and trucks, which have distinct appeal, as do Chinese ones such as JAC.
Geely has also brought us the quite good Volvo and Polestar models, not to mention the iconic London EV taxicab.

We need to realize that the market is growing because of all of those. Even the sad Bolt has had it's own influences, positive until recently. Hyundai/Kia are doing quite competitive products.

As Tesla customers, investors and fans we usually dismiss most of those, but we should not do so. Some of them, like that tiny Fiat, have taken many Tesla ideas and repackaged them in an entirely different direction. As investors we should be very much aware of the Tesla mission, which is growing more realistic day by day.
All fo this will be great for TSLA shareholders, not least from those others that will become Tesla Energy customers. and from all those others who decide to try a Tesla.

All these new products seriously excite me. I have two of those others on order and will take the first one that arrives in BEV-impoverished Brazil, the sixth largest auto market in the world.

Just think of India, Indonesia, Russia, Southeast Asia, Eastern and Southern Europe, nearly all the Middle East and all of Africa and South America. The next decade will have even more massive growth than just expanding market share in existing markets.

All this has been repeated often but we still need to remind ourselves just how gigantic the market will become. Very soon.
I appreciate the well thought out and developed reply. I largely agree.

Unfortunately it's hard to tell which of these companies is really "all in" and which are reluctantly participating. Nonetheless, I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt (although often unwarranted), and/or hope that the response to even meager efforts will be such that they see he light.

Elon's stated goal is to spur the industry in to change. Even if they do so while kicking and screaming, that's a positive...

Reactions: Christine69420
TSLA whale says he's bought his 1 million plus additional shares and will keep adding a little more:

More buying still to come from our Chinese billionaire: (3 hrs ago)

KoGuan Leo on Twitter: "Still adding 200,000+ shares within Elon’s 3 weeks." / Twitter

Presuming KoGuan Leo is a Beneficial Shareholder (no retail borker), this amount of share purchase could have a material affect on MMs ability to conduct their perpetual-naked-short trick. ie: they will have to deliver ACTUAL shares to Prof. KoGuan or else report them in the next FTD report.

Unlike retail investors (who's shares are held in 'trust' by their borker), this is no fake/paper accounting for shares, where a retail borker controls a pool of shares and TELLS their customers the shares are safely tucked away (hah!)

We'll see if KoGuan Leo has the legs (and the stomach) to ride this stallion... ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Good to see that Rivian, founded in 2009, has finally shipped their first actual product here in late 2021. What execution speed! With a mere $12B in capital raised!

Meanwhile, everyone is piling on Lordstown, founded in 2019, with less than a tenth of the funding of Rivian, because they may be delayed until early 2022.

Rivian didn't raise even a Billion in 2009,2010, 2011, or 2012. Rivian has raised $10.5B since 2019.

It was building an ultra light four passenger sports car with intention of buying a 1 litre turbocharged gas engine from an OEM. It would be quicker than a corvette and get 80+ MPG. They were targeting 100 MPG.

RJ Scaringe drove a Model S in 2013. And decided to Pivot.

From MotorTrend( Elon's favorite legacy auto journalist) R1T has the fit,finish,and polish of the best in the business.

Lordstown looks like a hacked together effort. Couldn't finish half a race it entered in Baja California. CEO and CFO resigned for misrepresenting committed sales from potential buyers.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet that TSLA short interest data for Aug 31, 2021 settlements was released on Friday, Sep 10th.

Short Interest increased by 600K shares since Aug 13th, also the first reported increase since April.

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Short Interest | Nasdaq

NASDAQ Short Interest Publication Schedule

holes.jpg

Cheers!

The NHSTA is setting up a comparison for the Tesla data, simple as that. Which I think we can reasonably say that Tesla has more and better data from their fleet. If the NHSTA then says you can't have level 2 without ___ tracking, other automakers are in more trouble than Tesla (because Tesla is likely far ahead of the curve). If Tesla is demonstrably less safe than competitors (unlikely), there will have to be data to support that... which Tesla will then fix. This is a nothing burger.
Well based off the leverage of legacy auto and UAW with our current politicians to pull off a ridiculous $4,500 credit....it's possible that the NHTSA might be weaponized to stop Tesla's AP & FSD in their tracks. It would be a windfall for legacy auto just like the EV union-made credit. I don't think this is likely, but it's not as impossible as it was $4,500 ago....

I disagree. I have a Volt too and I plug it in every chance I get. My goal is for the engine to never run. I drive it around with 2 gallons of gas in it just to keep it from yelling at me for low fuel and from preventing me from preconditioning the car. It’s still .03/mile to drive on electric just like our M3. The engine is .09/mile.

I am by no means in favor of the PHEV portion of the bill.
Strongly agree with this comment. I had a PHEV for about 5 years and routinely charged it multiple times daily. Small batteries top off quickly and don’t require complex cooling systems.

Also do not favor PHEVs as they are far inferior to Tesla technology and I use my experience to dissuade others from making my mistake.