Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

dhanson865

Feb 16, 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
People who have over 50% of their portfolio invested in TSLA should be able to skip the line to order the car. These queues are ridiculous.

Can someone famous tweet this out to Elon for consideration?

/semi serious
Isn't that already handled by buying a Performance or Plaid version to get the shorter wait time?

I'm OK waiting for my SR+ or some config that doesn't exist yet (on the cheap end of what's going to be coming out of Austin). But if you want it quick you can pay for something from Fremont now.

Ogre

Sep 6, 2021
Oregon
People who have over 50% of their portfolio invested in TSLA should be able to skip the line to order the car. These queues are ridiculous.

/semi serious
While I doubt they could do it based on % of portfolio, there are certainly shareholder perks out there. I think Berkshire offers discounts at their shareholders festival thing.

UltradoomY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Mar 13, 2020
Tampa, FL

/semi serious
I ordered a Plaid on October 1st - White/White CF and am slated for delivery 10/26-11-6... Not bad, figured I would chime in since I am also in Tampa.

PlaidCPA

Dec 19, 2019
tampa
Isn't that already handled by buying a Performance or Plaid version to get the shorter wait time?

I'm OK waiting for my SR+ or some config that doesn't exist yet (on the cheap end of what's going to be coming out of Austin). But if you want it quick you can pay for something from Fremont now.
I ordered a Plaid on October 1st - White/White CF and am slated for delivery 10/26-11-6... Not bad, figured I would chime in since I am also in Tampa.

@dhanson865 Thats what I did today. I couldn't wait until April for a LR so I ordered Performance. I don't really need Performance ( don't like the wheels and lower suspension) but the wait is just too long for LR.

Huskerfl

Mar 21, 2013
Florida
WOW! Is that 10/1/21? I converted from plaid plus 10/20 W/W/CF RN114125 and my delivery date is 11/29-12/19. I’m from Orlando. I guess they really bumped back the plaid plus converts….

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger

jkirkwood001

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Ottawa, ON
I get your desire to redirect away from my line of questioning. Is it safe to assume from your redirect that you in fact cannot identify a union that is not corrupt, a union that actually negotiates in good faith on behalf of its members?

Let's stipulate that a union can in theory be a very positive thing for workers. The problem, however, comes down to actual practice. If in practice all actual unions are corrupt, then the only recommended options for Tesla workers would be to form a brand new union of their own and try to avoid eventual corruption in actual practice or simply remain without union representation.
Wow, that's pretty cynical.

At risk of us being relegated to the "snarky" thread, you could argue all Unions are corrupt just as easily as you could argue all businesses are exploitive of their workers to generate maximum profit - including Tesla. If Tesla can be an exceptional business, then there's a Union that could be an exceptional Union.

(I don't actually have a strong opinion on this Union rebate-debate-hate, I just don't like the sweeping assumptions on either side of the argument.)

woodisgood

Slightly faster than 5mph
Jul 26, 2018
San Francisco

I know the community tends to be split over Tesla’s PR/marketing (or lack thereof), but these videos highlighting different lesser-known aspects of Tesla are awesome. Elon hates the presence of, or even appearance of, deception in advertising. But the team has done a great job with these videos humbly showcasing the incredible leading-edge work they’re doing. Fun for fans and informative for folks new to the brand.

Accident

Feb 6, 2016
Houston, TX
Everyone is using the wrong indicator today. P/E ratio of 420.69 providing support:

peratio.png

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC