Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly. That's how we know these results are fraudulent.

I actually saw a Q tweet from maybe 30 min ago calling this the "fraudiest quarter ever" and claiming all the money came from delaying payments to vendors which apparently one of the things people who don't understand AR and AP have been claiming lately.

With 2021Q3 Revenue coming in at $13.775B, that's equates to an annualized revenue of $55.1B

Can you confirm that this makes another one of the CEO comp. milestones 'probable' now? TIA.

Cheers to the Longs!

N.B. Note that there are now 998M shares of TSLA, so the Mkt Cap will go up automagically (just waiting for the 10-Q for the exact no. of shares)
There are 3 tranches left:
Tranche 10 likely became probable this Qtr with $12B EBITDA now probable
Tranche 11 will likely become probable in Q4 with $14B EBITDA becoming probable
Tranche 12 will likely become probable in Q2 2022 with $75B Revenues becoming probable

I'm genuinely curious on #2. I know I don't live in a heavily congested area with a lot of Teslas (exact opposite actually on both counts), but I have driven multiple times cross country in my 3 (2 trips to Florida/Georgia, 1 to Virginia and 1 to Houston) and have experience a wait exactly 1 time and that was a cross state trip in Colorado. Many times I only see 2 or 3 at an 8-12 install. Is this more of a California thing? I've also had no issues with lining up service, but only have had my car looked at twice in the ownership (adding performance package spoiler since I was early and condensation in my taillight).
(#2 relates to service and superchargers. )
Congratulations! The best service is no need for service, etc.
But, having had to wait for 5 weeks for a new battery during total radio silence, I can certainly relate to that question.

However, all service discussion is considered totally off topic and bannable. So again, congratulations on your fortune so far.

Reactions: Baumisch
Has anyone asked Elon what Tesla Energy production might look like if he could source as many cells as he liked? As in, what are we currently ready to produce if we ramped existing manufacturing capacity to absolute 100%? I feel like they could sell a nearly infinite number of megapacks if they could pump them out.

Same with Powerwalls obviously. My assumption 5 years ago was that cell costs would be so low by now, Tesla could sell Powerwalls at $4k and the line of customers would stretch to infinity. Cell costs are nearly low enough, but......nowhere near enough cells.

At some point I think we need to take a look at the Master Plan and realize cell production isn't getting enough attention. If we need to mine, lets mine. Whatever it takes. With $20B in cash sitting around and the ability to raise easily $100b more for free, we should be doing more. Clearly the market isn't moving as fast as Elon projected.
Aren't they mainly waiting for the 4680 production process to be dialed in before ramping? I mean, they're constructing 40 MWh/yr capacity for the Megapack plant according to the earnings report which will 10x output.