Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this morning in auto

1635173082559.png

Regarding the thought experiment "what percentage of Tesla-vehicle owners owns TSLA shares?" I just want to note the very North American viewpoint.

In the USA buying stock is much more commonplace than in other parts of the world. On average, 52% of U.S. households are invested in some way.

In Europe the average lies more around 10 to 20%.

Different culture, that's all. So the whole argument is flawed. (I can only agree with the vague statement that more people will want to own TSLA stock the more Tesla vehicles are on the road. The numbers behind it are impossible to uncover.)
I was wondering about Europe.

Let’s suggest that “the whole argument is flawed” is a cliche. And not correct.

The argument is:

Peter Lynch investors purchase stock after experiencing “better.”

People who experience Tesla are a skewed slice of the demographic. A higher income slice with more bleeding edge behaviors.

It is more than a drop in the bucket of the float, “no matter how you slice it.”

Could there be more strategy behind this Hertz deal? I considered Tesla buying them but not sure that makes sense in the context of robotaxis. Now, Hertz might see it as a way to get free publicity, bring in high earning/eco conscious renters, and maybe a hedge against robotaxi?

Dying to know how they will handle autopilot. Will it be offered or locked out?

Relevant article from 3 years ago.

I doubt Tesla would reject any orders.
The Y doesn't bring much extra to the type of traveler passing through an airport rental system. Unless it's a group of >2 with lots of luggage, 3 covers the needs with a $13k lower cost and only 60 miles less range (really less of an impact than that due to 100% charge with LFP). Y is also AWD, which increases costs.

50k*13k = $0.75B order increase.
The Y brings seating height for older drivers, as my dad struggled with the low seat on the 3.

Is it is bad to crow about gaining (life changing) wealth because you invested in TSLA? I'm not so sure.

Many of us supported Tesla by buying very expensive cars when it was still uncertain if the company building them would survive to take care of them. Many of us fought FUD on social media. Many of us spread the word about Tesla's products. Many of us sat on an investment that didn't go anywhere for years. Many of us endured steep price drops that were totally avoidable. Many of us kept buying shares when no one else wanted them.

This way we contributed in a major way to keeping this company alive. So yes, I think we are allowed to pat ourselves on the back and enjoy the financial rewards we received. We owe our wealth to Elon, but also to our own actions.

Even more reason to change the free color from white to differentiate the Hertz Tesla's and others.
Have special production runs of just Model 3 SR+ for Hertz all white.
I think the next free colour will be Hertz yellow. I have seen a few Teslas with yellow wraps and they look sharp.
The best Hertz advantage with owning Tesla is Hertz will be able to track all their Tesla's and know exactly where they are (and what they are doing) at all times. No other auto offers this. I see most all major auto rental agencies switching to BEVs with Tesla the most predominant choice. Well done Hertz.
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.02.55 AM.png