Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s official - Elon Musk doesn’t have enough to do and has decided to combat the SEC, fraudulent short sellers and the media... :/

Meh, He's beating up on Jim Cramer, who is a scumbag and deserves every ounce of it. How he wasn't laughed out of a job years ago is beyond me.

He should be selling used cars in Nowhereville, Iowa.

Meh, He's beating up on Jim Cramer, who is a scumbag and deserves every ounce of it. How he wasn't laughed out of a job years ago is beyond me.

He should be selling used cars in Nowhereville, Iowa.

"Look at this baby! Only 73 thousand miles on her, and let me tell you, for this model, that's nothing, she'll last you a million. I've got a couple from Davenport that just checked her out earlier today, and they're going to be getting back to me this evening, so if you want her you're going to have to decide really fast! Hey, have I told you about our new TruCoat undercoat service?"

101081632-20131001-5725-334.1910x1000.jpg

Doesn't it look like the share price dropped as soon as Elon started tweeting with this cramer stuff?

It was funny initially, but hopefully it doesn't escalate.

Not sure theres a correlation, but I'm not thrilled at him generally tweeting at the moment. I know the flurry of responses that will greet this sentiment. But I'm as bullish as they come and have been for years. But if I'm even mildly unsettled, I'm sure some number of others feel similarly.

My first call options expired worthlessly last week. I’m afraid many other calls I hold with Jan ‘20 and Jan ‘21expiry might face the same fate... I have $320, $365, $385 strikes and paid a pretty penny for those years back when TSLA was trading somewhat comfortably in the $300+ range.

Never ever would I have thought with where the company is today in terms of sales growth and maturity that we are back in the mid $200’s...

I keep my hope on a summer rally to get rid of all my calls (they’re all on margin—about $240K) at break-even. $400 seems a pipe dream, I very much doubt it will ever happen.
Also, never thought we'd see these lows and looks like it's quite possible we're heading to the 240s(soon). Once the SEC drama is resolved and the stock reaction to that subsides AND If Elon could give up Twitter(which he can't) we'd be back into the 300s in no time.

Oh I would count on it escalation.

Question. Not an American but that video of Cramer to me is disturbing. Is there any law US law being broken there or is it normal banter.

The problem with enforcement generally is that from big agencies to individual investigators, the greatest work to reward ratio is always in the low hanging fruit. Complex situations take a lot of work, are difficult to explain, time consuming and costly. Usually issues of great complexity are pursued only if there is a significant onus. Someone important wants it done, public pressure, etc.

Reactions: neroden and Duffer
On 20 degree days I was averaging 500-600Wh/mi. This is on chill+range mode.
Lol, that's why! Ur doing it wrong! Don't use range mode on cold days; the bty pack NEEDS the heat to work efficiently. All you have to do is kept the car plugged in and pre-warm it before you depart. The closer the pack is to 20C, the more efficient the car will be.

Chill will do nothing except further delay warmup. It's like driving your gascar at idle.

Also, plug it in (even to 110v) at your stops during the day to help keep the pack warm. Telsa's new software update to precondition the bty should help as well.

Cheers!

Elon can continue building great cars with high margins and reach a few hundred thousand more people before the year is over.....................................or he could tweet the TRUTH to 23 million people and put some pressure on the SEC before they screw him, all of the TSLA long investors, and the rest of the planet seeking a more sustainable future. I am glad to see Elon stepping up his game. The planet doesn't have forever.

Absolutely - I believe just the threat of SEC sanctions has decimated institutional holdings, who (as @neroden pointed out in the past with statistics) are the 'weak longs' in the pool of Tesla investors.

Any sort of mid-tier institutional investor will have trouble explaining why they held on to their TSLA shares with a SEC threat looming, if indeed there's sanctions. So I think many money managers reduced their positions.

I believe this process is now largely over, SEC negativity is priced in - and I agree that institutional investors don't expect Elon to actually prevail against the SEC - it's an outcome that almost never happens.

This.

We have to put ourselves in the shoes of the Institutional Investor decision maker. They cannot afford to stick their necks out while this case rolls on.

The SEC know this. Shorts know this. (I’m not saying they collude, but the temptation must be strong.)

Precisely why the SECs action, declaring an immaterial tweet to be material, knowing that this action will move the stock price (unlike the immaterial tweet), is so unjust. “We think you tried to move the market. You may not do that. It didn’t move. Here’s a lawsuit. We *know* it will move the market. Ha. Feck you.”

Silver lining. The price suppression is artificial, skewing the market to offer a lower buy price for private investors with no competition from IIs.

Bernie had a response to a media question that sums up Elon's life too - "When others suffer it effects me............that is spirituality". And every time Elon has responded to the call of suffering - whether it is the planet, humans trapped in a cave in Thailand, or lead in the water pipes in Flint, Michigan, he has been beat down brutality for taking the high road by greed and a cast of characters that are morally, ethically, and environmentally bankrupt and harboring no sense of compassion or connection to their fellow man. I love Elon as a human being far beyond his efforts to improve my driving experience and my bank account. He is a moral compass. Hoping Elon & his legal team put the SEC's sights on the right target tomorrow.