Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok the bottom should be around 1030 as I just sold shares at that price to pay for the down payment on the house. I did look into a loan on my shares. Loan officer for house stated that would likely upset underwriting and lead to a delay in closing. Sellers have a contingent offer so I wasn't going to do that to them.

Should have sold on Friday when I was thinking of it but momentum seemed there for Monday.

First time selling. I have more shares, thankfully, but that didn't feel good.

First world problems. I'm thankful for what the Telsa team are doing and the side effect of helping our investments. Thanks everyone here for sharing your views and advice.
I think you effectively determined the bottom. Well done. enjoy your gains!

but You should have listened to stronguy. He will tell you you should have sold at $1200 like he did. Just kidding.

First thought that came to mind (after clicking Ignore on the new persona) was whether he did the math on Cap Gains for his "brilliant" move, with the hope of getting back in around 900 for a profit.

Without knowing the value of the shares in play let's use a low-middle of the road 20% Short-term CapGains rate, then calculate.

20% of 1200 is 240.

Getting back in, in the 900s, after paying $240 in tax per share sold doesn't sound like something to brag about.

If it never gets below 1000 again, even worse.

Edit: Got in a hurry and didn't think this through. Nevermind. Thanx @traxila
This is right. But be aware everyone’s situation is different. He might reside in a country that doesn’t tax or tax very low on capital gain or has no way to track foreign investment

Could it be that Musk's tweet about T.I.T.S. was meant to troll this conservative proposal to create a "University of Austin"?
Reading the linked article I would have thought Elon would be rather supportive of this proposed university, which sounds more libertarian leaning than conservative.

Hmmmm……..TSLA is now hovering precisely over the 1- month trend line, where the stock was already headed just a couple weeks ago. Even that was an exciting ride. Strong support here could prevent it from drifting further down to the 6- month trend line - which although it too has a nice positive slope, it remains a couple hundred points below us now. No wonder WrongGuy came out ranting at this pivotal moment

1636484873207.png

Last edited:
My purchase might be unlikely today with the uptick rule in effect. As I understand (corrections most welcome) - people can still sell shares, but can't short it below that price? Seems we are riding that 10%. I saw it drop pas 10% just a moment ago, now back in the 9's. So no selling without more shorting? Seems like a good sign to me.
This seems to be holding true as my 1020.20 order is still not executing. I might need to force the buy and raise my price before days end.
Q4 people, and the holidays are getting closer.

Reading the linked article I would have thought Elon would be rather supportive of this proposed university, which sounds more libertarian leaning than conservative.
Yep :) According to the journo, supporting evolutionary psychology is a conservative position LOL.

I have hard time thinking of any subject where Musk would disagree with Pinker.
If Austin journalists think Steven Pinker is a conservative thinker then they need all higher education they can get ;) in Austin

[I thought readers of this forum, based on past experience with TSLAQ, would have a better judgement filtering out journalistic hit pieces for their own consumption, never mind impulsively sharing them.]

Was listening to Emmett Peppers on Twitter audio chat, and he thinks Elon will be done selling this evening, with some done yesterday and the rest done today.

There was another video yesterday where a YouTuber said there were no huge block trades yesterday, but Gary thinks the sale started in earnest yesterday morning. Some conflicting info though I'd personally side with Gary here.

Obviously volume today is much higher than yesterday and between the 2 days we are looking at perhaps 90 million in volume (by the end of today). It feels like that's enough for a potential 17 million share sale.

Long story short, I think we are nearing the end of sale period, grab your I-helped-Elon-pay-tax shares before the sale is over most likely today.

Was listening to Emmett Peppers on Twitter audio chat, and he thinks Elon will be done selling this evening, with some done yesterday and the rest done today.

There was another video yesterday where a YouTuber said there were no huge block trades yesterday, but Gary thinks the sale started in earnest yesterday morning. Some conflicting info though I'd personally side with Gary here.

Obviously volume today is much higher than yesterday and between the 2 days we are looking at perhaps 90 million in volume (by the end of today). It feels like that's enough for a potential 17 million share sale.

Long story short, I think we are nearing the end of sale period, grab your I-helped-Elon-pay-tax shares before the sale is over most likely today.
No way. Mine are I-got-Elon's-shares shares.