Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anyone else tired of this?

I heard water-boarding was not torture unless you were a complete wimp. ;)

Seriously though, nothing is more painful to an investor than a long, slow decline in share value. The big drops get all the attention but it's the slow drip that never seems to end that really hurts. IMO, this is not it and not likely to turn into it.

Gary Black sucks. He doesn't care which way TSLA goes, as long as it benefits him. I wish he'd go away.
I already didn't follow him on Twitter, but lots of people I do follow retweet his tweets! So I blocked him and that stopped. But I've found myself still coming across his tweets on this forum. Ugh

Macro and TSLA trading volume are rather light today. Many bank officials among others who were off yesterday, may have chosen to be off again today to create a four-day weekend. This could reduce the trading volume.

On the bank holiday yesterday, Elon did not totally pause his TSLA selling, nevertheless it was rather light. He may now be selling more agressively despite the overall light trading volume today. That would punish the shares. Also front runners who are selling shares or call options could also be pressuring the share price. As I noted earlier, selling covered calls compels the market makers who buy them to sell shares as a hedge.

The competition is coming!

The competition:
FD91sjjXMBM0sRH
That is about the ugliest car I've ever seen, and with the staggeringly ugly cars Toyota has been designing lately, that's saying a lot!

[...]

almost 1/3 of way to minimum tax bill of roughly $15.2 Billion, rest could remain shares, adding ~10 million or so shares or disposed of someway, “the futures uncertain and the end is (not) always near” (a nod to ‘mr mojo rising’)

i’m kinda suspect these sales will affect SP for awhile,
(i check SA occasionally and they are having erotic fantasies about TSLA cratering from the sales)
Do we have a central place where we track how much of the expected to be sold shares have been sold, based on form 4 evidence ?
Google only shows me all sorts of random FUD when I ask for 'Elon share sales tracker'

Anyone have a public google sheets read-only link to share :)

About the shorts - yeah I see 'this is going to be a lot of margin bought shares to unwind' fantasies as well, ignoring the fact that a lot of fossil fuel investments are due to be unwound and a substantial amount of that will find its way into TSLA and other relevant holdings.

Wow...didn't expect such a dramatic response to my post. Do you live in California? or another high cost of living area? Around here people can't afford $60k+ cars so its not that simple to just tell them to buy an expensive Tesla or we are all going to die. Not too mention, the nearest service center is 1.5 hours away and the nearest delivery center is 4hrs.
I wouldn’t worry much about the service center myself. But pricing is definitely a problem in counties where average income is lower.

Unfortunately, until demand slacks off a bit or production ramps up quite a bit, Teslas are going to be expensive. Hopefully with Texas coming online they will catch up with demand and the wait list will drop.

They reintroduced the Model Y SR in China because demand wasn’t there for a higher end Model Y. I’m quite sure they will do the same in the US as soon as we get to a place where production catches up.

I already didn't follow him on Twitter, but lots of people I do follow retweet his tweets! So I blocked him and that stopped. But I've found myself still coming across his tweets on this forum. Ugh
On a wider point, I appreciate members posting Tesla related tweets because I am not on twitter so this is my only source of Tesla Twitter things

I don’t understand all the hate towards Gary Black today. He isn’t wrong. Why would anyone be buying shares now knowing that Elon will be dumping 500K+ shares/day for the foreseeable future? I know I’m staying away until we know it’s over. And that’s why I think Elon has handled this completely the wrong way. He is adding to the FUD. In the end it will get me cheaper shares, but I still would have preferred it if he had taken a different path.

I don’t understand all the hate towards Gary Black today. He isn’t wrong. Why would anyone be buying shares now knowing that Elon will be dumping 500K+ shares/day for the foreseeable future? I know I’m staying away until we know it’s over. And that’s why I think Elon has handled this completely the wrong way. He is adding to the FUD. In the end it will get me cheaper shares, but I still would have preferred it if he had taken a different path.

Compare Elon's volume of sales to the average market volume of sales. As long as the trades are spread out it's not a dump.

GB is a cheerleader when things go his way. When Elon does something he wouldn't do, he whines incessantly about it. How many tweets as he posted since Saturday about Elon selling shares? It gets tiresome and it's obvious he has different motives than long term investors. Monthly and quarterly results matter greatly to him.

You may be right about the SP. But whether you are right or wrong, I'm confident that today's SP will look like a bargain a couple of years from now.

Just picked up 10 more at $1,027.

Thanks Elon!

Just imagine how all these people who are not jumping on this sales right now are gonna react comes 1/2 when P&D comes out with 300k printed on it.
300k is definitely a reasonable assumption after Oct numbers - 54k oct, 60k nov, 65k dec + 121k out of Fremont = 300k.

I’m kinda wondering if they hit 310k at this point

Last edited: