Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Mengy Check your estimated delivery date please... and report back.

The situation is I ordered a car several weeks ago and given August as an estimated delivery date. Shortly there after that date moved to March. I got a text a half hour ago saying my car is ready now. That would be great except I want that 8 freaking grand.

It crosses my mind this could be due to a massive wave of cancelations. The math is pretty easy. Cancel now and eat the $250. Reorder for at a price 2k higher. Get the 8k rebate and be up $5500 on the deal. It's a no brainer. I just texted the rep offering to take a Red with White Interior for the same price. Yes I know I'm dreaming but they may have a sudden pile up of inventory.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: dhanson865 and UCF3
Down 7% on only 20 million shares traded.......yeah doesn't seem fishy at all 🥱
Elon resumes selling is suspicious because people thought he was in possession of material non-public information and had to stop. What this means for theories about a certain upcoming date is hard to say. The SEC doesn't seem to set specific dates on MNPI that can I see?

Reactions: Nocturnal
The situation is I ordered a car several weeks ago and given August as an estimated delivery date. Shortly there after that date moved to March. I got a text a half hour ago saying my car is ready now. That would be great except I want that 8 freaking grand.

It crosses my mind this could be due to a massive wave of cancelations. The math is pretty easy. Cancel now and eat the $250. Reorder for at a price 2k higher. Get the 8k rebate and be up $5500 on the deal. It's a no brainer. I just texted the rep offering to take a Red with White Interior for the same price. Yes I know I'm dreaming but they may have a sudden pile up of inventory.
LOL, already rejected.

Elon resumes selling is suspicious because people thought he was in possession of material non-public information and had to stop. What this means for theories about a certain upcoming date is hard to say. The SEC doesn't seem to set specific dates on MNPI that can I see?
Wouldn't it look worse if he stopped selling just before a big announcement? I figure the best way to avoid claims of insider trading is to wrap up selling before (presumably positive) news is released.

That’s an interesting theory… I’ll say one thing, IF there is a stock split on 12/9/21, the SEC is going to be all over him like white on rice.

Reactions: SunCatcher
If he’s selling now knowing it’s going to go up I can’t see that’s a problem? Please explain. i thought it was if you benefit from it?

Wouldn't it look worse if he stopped selling just before a big announcement? I figure the best way to avoid claims of insider trading is to wrap up selling before (presumably positive) news is released.
It’s going to be hard for someone to claim Tesla was pre-running if he’s selling shares before good news.

Unloading shares before bad news? Yeah, that’s all kinds of suspicious. Selling shares before good news??? Not so much.

The 10b5-1 plan from September is immune from future MNPI (part of the reason to set one up).
Elective selling is not.

Oh don't tell me Henry stole his wife's motor and battery while she was at Woolworths shopping for dresses? Or maybe that's where the electric starter idea started? Thanks for sharing, that's a head scratcher for me.
The real electric car innovator at that time was Baker, that preceded Detroit. The Baker was the first electric car at the White House car pool.
As for electric starter, electric lightsspark plugs, four wheel brakes and much more check out Charles Kettering, of Sloan Kettering Cancer among many other things. he founded what became Delco, had the first air conditioned house in the US. He was the primary intellectual leader behind General Motors, which might never have succeeded without him. As an aside he invented the electric cash register for what became NCR.
I lived a short time in a town named for him courtesy of the US Air Force. Short time because they thought I should go so far west that I ended up east.
The best thing about it was learning about Kettering.
I think he might have been like E. Musk had he been born in a laterr time.

I actually do not think this is Elon selling at all. We had sell off's/dips throughout yesterday's trading and everyone thought that was Elon selling and it wasn't. When I say "fishy', I'm talking about TSLA being specifically targeted today right before a major holiday. This used to be usual pattern of bears/shorts. Do a bear raid right before a holiday.

Rivian, Lucid, Nio, etc, those are all either flat or only down 1-2% (and were positve for most of the day) which tells me this is targeted towards TSLA.

I actually do not think this is Elon selling at all. We had sell off's/dips throughout yesterday's trading and everyone thought that was Elon selling and it wasn't. When I say "fishy', I'm talking about TSLA being specifically targeted today right before a major holiday. This used to be usual pattern of bears/shorts. Do a bear raid right before a holiday.

Rivian, Lucid, Nio, etc, those are all either flat or only down 1-2% (and were positve for most of the day) which tells me this is targeted towards TSLA.
This doesn't follow the pattern of the old bear raids at all. TSLA is now 20x the market cap it was since back then, the number of shares shorted compared to float is miniscule, and there isn't even any FUD which typically goes with the old bear raid patterns.

The last time it went down like this was 2 weeks ago, when Elon sold a ton of shares into the open market. The pattern is exactly the same today. If this isn't Elon selling I would be very surprised. Anyways we'll know my theory is correct if we get a Form 4 later.

This doesn't follow the pattern of the old bear raids at all. TSLA is now 20x the market cap it was since back then, the number of shares shorted compared to float is miniscule, and there isn't even any FUD which typically goes with the old bear raid patterns.

The last time it went down like this was 2 weeks ago, when Elon sold a ton of shares into the open market. The pattern is exactly the same today. If this isn't Elon selling I would be very surprised. Anyways we'll know my theory is correct if we get a Form 4 later.
Ah yes....the down 12% day on a day when Elon only sold 3 million shares 🙃

If you think the selling pressure was created by just 3 million shares that dropped over 100 billion off the market cap of Tesla, I got a bridge to sell ya.

And yes, it very much does follow the pattern of old bear raids. The market cap doesn't matter and the short interest that was reported from weeks ago doesn't matter. We all know they can short + plus naked short on a weekly basis to create heavy downward pressure and cover those positions before the next official short interest report comes out. By far the most effective time for them to do this is on holiday weeks, like they've always done.

LOL, already rejected.

I would not hesitate, buy it. I was car shopping for fun because of the long wait for my cyber truck. Almost nothing is in stock. Still. In November, which is the start of inventory restocking. All that’s left is very expensive optioned out vehicles. I would enjoy getting something new while waiting, like a base model work truck. They are over $40k now. Almost double what I could get one for before the pandemic.

Reactions: UCF3
The magnitude of this sell offs would imply no more downward follow through if all else
remains the same, so some rage buying would be in order.
not advise for sure
The triggering of stop-loss-limits set by weak longs (includes day traders) may have run its course. Hedge funds and market makers make considerable amounts of money playing this game. They might have covered their shorts an hour ago, and returned to a subtle buying mode before others catch on.

Last edited: