Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Creeping up in after-hours. Cybertruck update on the call is the reasoning there?

At this point, any move (regular hours or after hours) could be a number of different things - EV credit bill updates, Elon's tweets today, Elon's 12/9 conspiracy theory, rumored 70k+ Shanghai Nov numbers, Austin production start, Berlin approval, etc.....So many potential catalysts that it feels like the stock could jump at any time.

As a Houston-area cyclist, that event was profoundly disturbing. Waller County hosts many charity cycling events, but everything about this, including the police non-investigation was bad, bad, bad.
It's why I don't cycle in Texas. I cycled everywhere when I lived in Vancouver.

At that point, it's better for Tesla to just straight up buy SpaceX and Starlink to get them under one umbrella company.

There would be significant ITAR issues with a purchase of SpaceX by Tesla, due to their significant amounts of foreign ownership (ie: Chinese companies and indivduals own over 10% of TSLA).

Highly unlikely that Tesla would be allowed to purchase SpaceX.

It's why I don't cycle in Texas. I cycled everywhere when I lived in Vancouver.
In more rural areas, it’s best to do the sponsored events (of which there are many) where authorities are there to help.

I do twenty miles every morning in our ‘burb. Using the right roads at the right times has worked out fine.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
There would be significant ITAR issues with a purchase of SpaceX by Tesla, due to their significant amounts of foreign ownership (ie: Chinese companies and indivduals own over 10% of TSLA).

Highly unlikely that Tesla would be allowed to purchase SpaceX.
Yes, not just that, SpaceX doesn't hire foreign nationals and even permanent residents go through a some kind of clearance process I believe if they need to work there.

Sandy visits Nikola ...

OK I've actually watched most of this now.

5 tanks at 14kg is 2350kwh of energy, for 500 miles.

2 Fuel cells at 100kw each = 200kw sustained power

Looks to me like they have
  • Bought in the chassis
  • Bought in the fuel cells from Toyota (they do 2 versions of crate fuel cells, 80kw each
  • bought in the tanks - from Mahytech possibly
  • Bolted this together as an alpha vehicle
I think this has been frantic work over the last 6-12 months (post IPO/Milton) and they have an alpha stage 'working' vehicle. They are miles off having a finished tested product and it'll take a lot of work and money to get there.

I think this means Elon is done selling chairs into dark pool.

Oh, if SEC is watching, he means he is taking a dump, literally…
Followed up by a lil fishing?

I think everyone is over interpreting Elon. This guy got it right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211129-192829_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20211129-192829_Twitter.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 116
The ethanol is not directly subsidized....I mean farming has a million subsidies but lets stay with ethanol. The refineries are forced to buy the ethanol and they have to mix it so it does not cause cars to fail. They receive credits from the govt for buying it, that's the subsidy. It is expensive, more expensive than the feedstock from oil the subsidy does not make up for the shat ton of issues related to having to blend ethanol. The problem is that the subsidy doesn't really cover the costs of doing business. Ethanol is nasty gumming crapola of a fuel. It creates hundreds of issues in the refineries and in vehicles. Mostly it will gut the ethanol business. The ethanol mills won't be able to dump ethanol so they'll scale corn purchases way back. That corn will get dumped. Mostly though the ethanol free fuels in most places of the US command a premium because they don't contain ethanol. As someone working with, in, and among farmers I can assure you that even the farmers dumping corn into ethanol silos hate using ethanol diluted gasoline. They'll pay more to drive without it. Course they mostly drive diesels but that's another point.

If the US rids itself of that subsidy corn tanks. What happens to overall fuel prices is difficult to predict as EVs are now beginning to bite into gasoline consumption but next year they'll really bite and by 2024 EV's will have driven out the 9%. I can't see the ethanol business really showing cracks until 2024. They'll paper it up til then. By 2024 congress will either back track on EVs or up the subsidy. The frackers and oil refiners will be at war against the ethanol lobby, that you can bet on. Pie is going to shrink and it will be a war.

They refineries have also not quieted down, they asked for and received more exemptions than ever before. Having to blend ethanol

That was a mouthful that was hard to follow and see the relevancy. The subject I addressed was your claim that if the government stopped subsidizing and mandating ethanol, that the price of gasoline would fall. That is false, it would rise.