Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard the whistles are made from Cybertruck scrap. If TSLA keeps cranking away the way it has been it’ll be a nice complement to my tri motor. If it tanks… well at least I’ll have a stainless steel truck!

Someone should @ Elon and check how to program the truck to respond to this whistle.

Probably not really made with Cybertruck scraps but it helps me justify spending too much money on a silly whistle

5w50y0.jpg

The bears ignore Teslas ability to flex into new markets.

The whistle business is about to see some disruption
Still kicking myself for not ordering a Tesla surfboard, and I live 941km away from the ocean (13,367km away if I want to travel within Canada).
Tesla sold limited edition (200 only) TESLA surfboards for $1,500 that sold out in one day on July 30th, 2018.
Today they are selling for up to $20,000 on eBay, but I digress.
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 7.11.40 PM.png

I heard the whistles are made from Cybertruck scrap. If TSLA keeps cranking away the way it has been it’ll be a nice complement to my tri motor. If it tanks… well at least I’ll have a stainless steel truck!

Someone should @ Elon and check how to program the truck to respond to this whistle.

Probably not really made with Cybertruck scraps but it helps me justify spending too much money on a silly whistle
You know, the Apple "cloth" that Elon mocked is much cheaper and more useful. On the other hand, I imagine the whistle won't wear out. It would be truly funny if Tesla shipped it wrapped in a Tesla logo "cloth".

This. It's best if you have an ICE for the test to just avoid the whole anti ev bias. We went thru this recently with my teen who just passed.
Oddly, I find myself agreeing with the test centre's first decision here, It's not EV bias, it's a safety issue. Although they should ensure regen be turned off/down to minimum when testing in an EV. (it's fair to grant an exception in this individuals case as that wasn't requested)

After all, the testee didn't prove he can correctly use the brakes in a conventional manner, but his licence will cover all cars, not just Tesla's, so you can argue he may not be safe in an old ICE clunker with conventional braking!

Maybe there needs to be different categories of licence, as we have in the UK. Example being, pass your test in an EV in the UK and you can only drive an EV or ICE Auto, not a stick shift as no proficient clutch and gear control has been proven.

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with the test centre's first decision here, although they should have requested regen be turned off/down to minimum when testing in an EV, so it's fair to grant an exception in this individuals case.

After all, the testee didn't prove he can correctly use the brakes in a conventional manner, but his licence will cover all cars, not just Tesla's, so you can argue he may not be safe in an old ICE clunker with conventional braking!

Maybe there needs to be different categories of licence, as we have in the UK. Example being, pass your test in an EV in the UK and you can only drive an EV or ICE Auto, not a stick shift as no proficient clutch and gear control has been proven.
You cannot disable regen on a Tesla. You're making the same assumption that ppl ignorant of regen braking systems make. That the driver is not using brakes. Just like the wrong testers assume the kid doesn't know how to brake just merely by the fact that he didn't use the brake pedal. That is wholly incorrect. The driver controls the regen braking by their use of the throttle. It's actually a bit harder to judge and gauge the use of throttle lift-off to mimic the use of traditional braking.

Still kicking myself for not ordering a Tesla surfboard, and I live 941km away from the ocean (13,367km away if I want to travel within Canada).
Tesla sold limited edition (200 only) TESLA surfboards for $1,500 that sold out in one day on July 30th, 2018.
Today they are selling for up to $20,000 on eBay, but I digress.
View attachment 739197
But you bought TSLA with that $1,500 instead and now it's worth 19x more, $28,500. In terms of opportunity cost, that surfboard is more affordable now than in 2018.

Oddly, I find myself agreeing with the test centre's first decision here, It's not EV bias, it's a safety issue. Although they should ensure regen be turned off/down to minimum when testing in an EV. (it's fair to grant an exception in this individuals case as that wasn't requested)

And prove you are strong enough to twirl the crank in the front to start the ICE. ;)

You cannot disable regen on a Tesla. You're making the same assumption that ppl ignorant of regen braking systems make. That the driver is not using brakes. Lust like the wrong testers assume the kid doesn't know how to brake just merely by the fact that he didn't use the brake pedal. That is wholly incorrect. The driver controls the regen braking by their use of the throttle. It's actually a bit harder to judge and gauge the use of throttle lift-off to mimic the use of traditional braking.
I'm not assuming, I know it can't be fully turned off and I'm sure this young man will be a fine driver, but there is an issue here, as proper, conventional brake use cannot be tested in an EV. I admit I'm somewhat ignorant of US driving tests in general, for example, can you drive a manual stick shift having passed the test in an Auto or no geared EV?

I'm not assuming, I know it can't be fully turned off and I'm sure this young man will be a fine driver, but there is an issue here, as proper, conventional brake use cannot be tested in an EV. I admit I'm somewhat ignorant of US driving tests in general, for example, can you drive a manual stick shift having passed the test in an Auto or no geared EV?
BS. The car is braking and slowing down isn't? It's not doing it on its own in the test. Let me restate it again, the braking is integrated into the throttle, when you lift off it uses regen braking. Thus the driver is actually controlling the amount of braking. By stipulating the use of the actual brake pedal, you're just showing bias and inability to change with the tech.