Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It depends. If nobody has immunity to Omicron, it won't blow over soon. More people have died in 2021 (despite an effective vaccine) than in 2020 because many have stopped masking, restrictions indoors have been lifted, and a large portion of the population refused to get vaccinated even though science and logic made it the obvious choice. If nobody has immunity, all those restrictions will have to go back in place, but I suspect many will refuse, which will lead to overwhelmed hospitals again (with cancelation of elective procedures, etc), more death, and eventually more restrictions and new supply chain issues (not to mention unemployment, inflation, etc).
RBC Dominion Securities Inc.'s Jeff Finkelstein, VP, Director & Portfolio Manager has one take on the financial aspects of such concerns in this weeks Market Insights report: The Economics of Pandemics
To the video

This is a video/document made available to the general public. To recieve your weekly Market Insight report, write to [email protected]. There is no marketing, direct or indirect when requesting/receiving, and I am not affiliated with RBC in any way. IMO I find them these reports to be informative and insightful, if not generalized information, presented in an easy to understand format.

Attachments

• Market Insights - December 3, 2021.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
TSLA could go the way of etoys or Nokia. Or they could go the way of AAPL and AMZN. I bought AAPL in 2001 when the iPod was released (I’ve since many many poor trades but still holding some of that) and AMZN when it was $900/share. I’ve missed many boats but the ones I’ve stuck to have been good to me.

TSLA has the feel of AAPL and AMZN. Its lead is monumental and it has the “cool” factor that doesn’t show up in a balance sheet but does engender loyalty and future purchases.

Every single one of the many teenagers around me go gaga over a Tesla. Even my daughter and her friends. These are the kids that’ll be buying cars in 10-15 years. Could you see a teenager getting excited over a Chevy, Ford or Toyota? Hell no.

I worry that TSLA is overvalued *right now* but, again, I’m a 20 year investor so that doesn’t matter much to me.

Another $50k going in next week.
You must be reading a whole different earnings report than we are because it absolutely does show up on the balance sheet. Not sure to react with the funny or disagree. Exactly what doesn't "show up" on the balance sheet? Not happy with 30% gross margin and 15% operating margin? Really?

You must be reading a whole different earnings report than we are because it absolutely does show up on the balance sheet. Not sure to reach with the funny or disagree. Exactly what doesn't "show up" on the balance sheet? Not happy with 30% gross margin and 15% operating margin? Really?
I mean the kids who aren’t now buying but will be in 10-15 years.

I am sorry for having offended people. I therefore will stop. I have no desire to generate polemic reactions.
If you mean you will stop posting, please don’t!

You bring huge value to this forum and I am sure to all the people in your life!

It is good to offend people now and then. People need to deal with being offended. Keeps the blood pumping!

I would rather be offended than have you stop posting!

All the best!

Definitely not an over-the-air fix. But Honda might be able to do a through-the-air………with the hood that is……..while going down the highway

I have no clue what you're talking about
I’m just not being clear.

All I mean to speak to is what I see as staying power. The kids that will be buying cars in a decade or 2 are drooling over teslas right now. That doesn’t make its way into a balance sheet right now but will down the road. Is that any more clear?

The ex-Tesla employee has put the future price as well as model!

Wow, those are some huge price predictions!

AI revenue is something I don't currently model at all, because every time I try to the numbers just come out unrealistically high and unbelievable so I've stopped trying. It will all be gravy to me if or when it happens.

So what is going to happen to the Plaid? Will it also get 4 motors? If that happens 3 motor Plaid's are going to take a big hit $😢
We need to wait for Elon's update on products at the next earnings call.

4 Motors has some advantages off road or when hauling heavy loads, that might not apply to regular driving, or track driving.

If they have dropped Cybertruck configurations. this is mainly for inventory simplification. and because 4 motors is the best spec for this type of vehicle.

They are already making Plaid Model S and it is a great car, I don't see a need to change.

Model X is more of a candidate for 4 motors, because it sometimes is used for towing and off road.

Tesla top of the line Model S evolution in just 7 years: P85D Insane, P85D Ludicrous, P90D Ludicrous, P100D Ludicrous, Performance (more range), Plaid tri-motor

I have a feeling they won't stop the innovation "band wagon" anytime soon which is a great thing for us consumers and investors.

Plaid+ Quad-motor with 4680? :p

Added two more shares today, instead of buying the Cyberquad the other day. Holding out for the real one. Plus it wouldn't fit in my 3 anyway