Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen the actual numbers, and "60k" is fudging them to the high side a bit. They're closer to 55k than they are to 60k.

So, Shanghai was EXACTLY in the MIDDLE of the expected range for Nov, but Gary couldn't wait to tweet his disappointment. Except he wasn't aware of the accelerated shipping schedule switchover from export to local sales (as we were informed of here at TMC by @The Accountant )

I finally get why Tesla is selling whistles and Elon is tweeting about 'peas': Gary Black is like a pea in a whistle.

Wait, I know! Gary should offer free stock selling advice to Elon. Oh wait, he already does... :p

Cheers!

Last edited:

TL; DR: "Paraguayan authorities from the Itaipu Board of Directors and the National Electricity Authority (ANDE) have visited the facilities of Tesla to study energy storage solutions, the Paraguayan News Agency reported."

"...the council members stressed the great advantage that Megapack technology can bring to the Paraguay Hydro Power Plant (HPP). ANDE CEO, Félix Sosa, explained that Tesla's 100-megawatt (MW) Megapack system can power thousands of homes and businesses for hours.

The delegation had the opportunity to get acquainted in detail with the innovative technology that Tesla uses in its batteries, and to analyze the possibility of its application in the territory of Paraguay. Sosa said that ANDE's Master Plan 2021-2040 is considering the use of Megapack technology for distributed generation and grid stabilization."

Go Tesla Energy go!

Some potentially big news for prospective Canadian Tesla buyers: Canada may adapt their Federal EV purchase rebates to match new U.S. incentives in the BBB Act, if 'Made-in-USA' requirements can be adjusted for ongoing mutual cross-border production (as set out in the 'New NAFTA' agreement)

Right now, there are ZERO Tesla vehicles that qualify for the $5K Cdn rebate due to 'base sticker price' limits, as well as no distinction for SUVs or Trucks. It may be possible that Canadian Tesla buyers could see an increase in subsidies from $0 (since Nov '21) to $7,500+ USD-equivalent, and higher limits including SUVs and Trucks with separate, higher base price caps.

TL;dr Tesla may be raising prices soon in Canada to max out these new price limits. BULLISH!

Cheers!

Btw, Gary just leaked the China Nov production numbers. About 60k. Which further confirms that roughly 7-8k vehicles were in transit and not counted in the CPCA numbers.

For anyone not aware, you can purchase the production numbers in advance of them being publicly revealed on Nov 20th.
Haha, how much? Shuddup and take my money, eh?

Yup, $910 would be crazy considering forward PE and what's in store for Q4. Let's just say I have a large block of shares ready to swap for LEAPS if that happens.
Looked at a few shares->LEAPs scenarios and I don't see one that makes sense. As certain as I am of ATH after 4Q earnings, and the foolishness I'll likely feel for not levering up here, it's just not worth the risk IMO. Perhaps if I had more shares I'd feel differently, but still I think having more shares would translate to more aggressive selling of options in this strange window.

And that I think speaks to the ease with which hedgies are moving the SP around on the back of Elon's selling. It makes sense for a retail HODLer to buy shares here, but that's about it. No reason to sell. No real reason for most folks to buy until Elon's nearly done. No reason to buy calls/LEAPs when SP is still up so dramatically.

A massive run up followed by massive(and regular) selling that's not predicated on an actual desire to sell is a hedgie's playground. I think we just need to let them play another few days and not worry about it. Now should we hit $910.......my tune may change.

Edit: Also think I'm gonna start a "Rage Conversion" thread for these types of weeks, for sharing specific strikes/dates/etc. :)

Looked at a few shares->LEAPs scenarios and I don't see one that makes sense. As certain as I am of ATH after 4Q earnings, and the foolishness I'll likely feel for not levering up here, it's just not worth the risk IMO. Perhaps if I had more shares I'd feel differently, but still I think having more shares would translate to more aggressive selling of options in this strange window.

And that I think speaks to the ease with which hedgies are moving the SP around on the back of Elon's selling. It makes sense for a retail HODLer to buy shares here, but that's about it. No reason to sell. No real reason for most folks to buy until Elon's nearly done. No reason to buy calls/LEAPs when SP is still up so dramatically.

A massive run up followed by massive(and regular) selling that's not predicated on an actual desire to sell is a hedgie's playground. I think we just need to let them play another few days and not worry about it. Now should we hit $910.......my tune may change.

Edit: Also think I'm gonna start a "Rage Conversion" thread for these types of weeks, for sharing specific strikes/dates/etc. :)

Sold 20 shares, shuffled Jan 23 CC to march 23, bought some more 4 more Jan 24 1200 calls. cheers!!
(times like these usually give great gains ... unless it keeps heading south that is ;) )

Some potentially big news for prospective Canadian Tesla buyers: Canada may adapt their Federal EV purchase rebates to match new U.S. incentives in the BBB Act, if 'Made-in-USA' requirements can be adjusted for ongoing mutual cross-border production (as set out in the 'New NAFTA' agreement)

Right now, there are ZERO Tesla vehicles that qualify for the $5K Cdn rebate due to 'base sticker price' limits, as well as no distinction for SUVs or Trucks. It may be possible that Canadian Tesla buyers could see an increase in subsidies from $0 (since Nov '21) to $7,500+ USD-equivalent, and higher limits including SUVs and Trucks with separate, higher base price caps.

TL;dr Tesla may be raising prices soon in Canada to max out these new price limits. BULLISH!

Cheers!
He made sure that question was in English, and looking straight at the camera/USA. A nice reminder that the US can't live in a vacuum on Economics and Free Trade.

I wonder how closely Tesla is working with Canada on this. I could see their relationship building in case there's a more friendly place toward launching FSD at the higher levels of autonomy. Then it starts looking like a global race to full autonomy for economic advantage, and so how could the US allow Canada to be the first?

Pretty much. I was willing to do a round of stock for LEAPS around low 1,000's a week ago when it was still a possibility of getting a clear bottom/bounce off the 50 day, knowing full well it could break that support. Now that the 50-day is broken, this price point is kinda "no man's land" when it comes to buying LEAPS.

I would certainly hope part of today's drop is Elon doing some selling cause the stock has just kept getting weaker and weaker throughout the day and in the short term (2-3 weeks), damn that chart is ugly lol. Hedgies making full use of the playground while they have recess.

Them doing that would only partially make up for the luxury tax, the lesser of 10-percent of the total cost or 20-percent of the amount over $100,000, that the Model S&X will be subject to starting January 1st.

Sold 20 shares, shuffled Jan 23 CC to march 23, bought some more 4 more Jan 24 1200 calls. cheers!!
(times like these usually give great gains ... unless it keeps heading south that is ;) )
Jan2024 @ $1200c is precisely where I'm headed if we revisit $910, just doesn't look inviting enough for me today.

My primary investing specialty is being juuuuust cheap enough to screw myself out of a great bargain, so look for us to be approaching $1200 by close Friday.

It looks like the side airbag deployed but not the front - which makes sense when hit from the rear. But what would most cars do because we know Tesla's deploy the bags as needed based on things as minuscule as how the persons is sitting in the seat. This also bears repeating.
MOD ALERT DELETE DELETE
This reminds me of the dad joke where a man saw two identical twin pandas....
The result of "bears repeating."

Walter Isaacson's article on Musk:

FGgIrvQXIAA-4T1.jpeg

Toyota profit innovation! Tesla can't hold a candle to the amazing engineering prowess! Lookout q4 earnings!

/s

The Verge: Toyota is going to make you pay to start your car with your key fob.