Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, I like Elon's approachability, but imagine if he was like Larry Ellison and just not react to these shenanigans?

Bullies love to get a reaction from the people they bully. Ignore a bully and they will find another victim.

Did Bill Gates recently get in the news on his wealth? The guy got caught cheating on his wife and worst he got was antivaxxers thinking he's putting 5G chips in vaccines.

For being first principles, all those twitter fights seem an unnecessary distraction.
I think the twitter fights have caused a lot of people to open their eyes for 2 seconds. Huge step forward.

This would be a good time for Tesla to invite any politician to tour or be present at the opening of Texas. I'm confident this would greatly benefit Tesla if they show or do not show. Some of these folks are just not informed or misinformed and a high road approach by Tesla could be of significant benefit. I've been down this road before when I worked for a fortune 50 and the diplomatic high road almost always goes to your advantage in some way. The Karen approach, not so much and evidenced already with all the bad press. I have met a few of these politicians personally more than once as well as some of the Tesla folks and these parties need to come together off Twitter as they both can gain improvement in this area and it will help Tesla in its mission. There have been lost opportunities in responses that could have gone better and still allowing defense of positions. Perception today is 90% of the optics unfortunately.

I mean, I like Elon's approachability, but imagine if he was like Larry Ellison and just not react to these shenanigans?

Bullies love to get a reaction from the people they bully. Ignore a bully and they will find another victim.

Did Bill Gates recently get in the news on his wealth? The guy got caught cheating on his wife and worst he got was antivaxxers thinking he's putting 5G chips in vaccines.

For being first principles, all those twitter fights seem an unnecessary distraction.
Some bullies work that way, some do not. Broad strokes work well until you get to the edges.

Nobody on this planet is trying to do what Elon is trying to do, so thinking that by listing some other billionaire names suddenly makes for parallel situations is naive at best.

What short memories some of you have, or perhaps you don’t have the memories at all because you’ve not been following since 2012 or you’re not really paying close enough attention.

Some bullies work that way, some do not. Broad strokes work well until you get to the edges.

Nobody on this planet is trying to do what Elon is trying to do, so thinking that by listing some other billionaire names suddenly makes for parallel situations is naive at best.
I don't dispute that either, but the whole discussion on paying a fair share of taxes seems to be unnecessary drama, which isn't even resolved by being the top tax payer of all time. And yeah, the likes of Gates and Ellison would have traded off market the right amount to exercise their options. And gotten a few private jets and yachts with spare change. And the stock would have chugged nicely along.
What short memories some of you have, or perhaps you don’t have the memories at all because you’ve not been following since 2012 or you’re not really paying close enough attention.
Not cool, man.

Comparing Ellison to anyone is not a fair comparison. He once called me from first class on a commercial flight to complain about something no human would ever care about. I could tell you stories about him that you would not believe, not a good standard. Elon's issue is simple tact at times not about being on the wrong side of the argument. Ellison is on the wrong side of many things and has zero tact or respect for people no matter who they are. Take a ride on one of his jets sometime you will know what I mean. I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:
People don’t pay for articles in the New York Times. Nor do the reporters there or at any other major news organization have story topics, tones etc dictated by some shadowy cabal. Way off base. I know that from up close and personal.
OT somewhat
@advocate8
from "up close and personal" related to the NYT
here is a copy of the 8 Tesla's that recreated the infamous John Broder run from Washington DC to NYC in February, when John Broder, of the NYT and still of the NYT, didn't realize that a Tesla is/was a computer on wheels, a data logger with all that entails.
He didn't bother to charge, ran out of electricity, moaned and groaned, drove in circles in the parking lot, etc
they recreated the "Broder run", tweeting automatically, "a comfy 72 degrees interior temp", including 1 of the 8 vehicles were a young couple that decided to just go along for the fun of it.
This was when there was a Supercharger in maryland, the picture is at the Tesla service center in Rockville, maryland, there was a supercharger at the Delaware Interstate and at NYC and back them only S85's had enough to make the trip, which they did.
Mr Broder, of NYT, was publically chastised, and was publically embarrassed

Mr Broder is/was not a "shadowy cabal" but a "head honcho", a boss, and you don't upset your boss
1639780351981.jpeg

OT somewhat
@advocate8
here is a copy of the 8 Tesla's that recreated the infamous John Broder run from Washington DC to NYC in February, when John Broder, of the NYT and still of the NYT, didn't realize that a Tesla is/was a computer on wheels, a data logger with all that entails.
He didn't bother to charge, ran out of electricity, moaned and groaned, drove in circles in the parking lot, etc
they recreated the "Broder run", tweeting automatically, "a comfy 72 degrees interior temp", including 1 of the 8 vehicles were a young couple that decided to just go along for the fun of it.
This was when there was a Supercharger in maryland, the picture is at the Tesla service center in Rockville, maryland, there was a supercharger at the Delaware Interstate and at NYC and back them only S85's had enough to make the trip, which they did.

Mr Broder is/was not a "shadowy cabal" but a "head honcho", a boss, and you don't upset your boss
View attachment 745382
And he got a promotion!

"John M. Broder joined the editorial board at the start of 2018."

Usually releases to employees at midnight pacific. Are you expecting something different?
I hate to complain as most don't have beta at all, but I'm still waiting for 10.6.1. :confused: Looks like I'll just go right to 10.7.
OT somewhat
@advocate8

So they are dishonest for free. That's even worse. :D

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D
Can anyone explain or point to any good articles/sources about the battery shortage?
I keep hearing that this is the major thing that’s holding up production overall but I have not come across the details about what exactly are the issues with exponentially increasing the number of batteries produced.

I used Ellison as an example of an universally hated CEO that hardly gets the media, and therefore can just do whatever with his yachts without any politician caring.
And as I said, Mr. Ellison isn’t trying to do anything the likes of Elon Musk. Has NOTHING to do with being a billionaire or being a CEO. That’s just an excuse *these* people are using to attack Elon’s person.

Such naïveté. 🙄

I keep hearing that this is the major thing that’s holding up production overall but I have not come across the details about what exactly are the issues with exponentially increasing the number of batteries produced

Current plants are at capacity, to increase the output the plants need to expand or new plants need to be built, such as the battery factories in Austin and Berlin.

OT somewhat
@advocate8

View attachment 745382
Those were the days, huh? And the first fire. And the time Tesla took away adjustable suspension until the titanium shield resolution. And the cars not delivered December of 2013? because the seats didn’t get a 5* safety rating. SO, so much has happened.

Elon [...] sold the magical 934,091 shares...

So, look what volume showed up on NASDAQ Realtime at 4:18 pm today:

TSLA.2021-12-17.16-18.png

N.B. 1,864,554 / 2 = 932,277 shares, which is suspiciously close to 2 tranches worth of sales to cover Income Taxes on executing one of Elon's 2012 stock options (within exactly 1,814 shares of 2 tranches worth).

Guess we'll see later if the Forms 4 show Elon sold today (we live in hope, wot?) ;)

Cheers!